Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just my opinion here, but you really don’t need express. If the park opens at 9 AM, be at the gates at 7:45, you’ll be let into the park at 8:30 and can queue for the lower lot for the 9 AM open. Hit the rides in this order...

Mummy > JW > Transformers > (at 10:45 AM get a VQ spot for SLoP at 5 PM) > Simpsons > Studio Tour > HP > Hippogriff > Despicable Me > SLoP > Kung Fu Panda

I had time to hit everything including 3 meal/drink breaks with 20 min to spare before closing (Panda wasn’t open yet that day). You could probably fit Animal Actors in too since we spent a good hour drinking at JW and Duff Gardens.
Trueeeeee but I also wouldn't mind rolling in around noon and just walking on things

For now I have to just get in early but would like a pass with a skip the line, especially for Nintendoland. Hoping by Summer they let people buy that pass again and I will for sure get it...also comes with a "free" HHN ticket so not the worst deal if you go to the parks like me twice a month or more.

To be fair, you literally have to provide vaccination records to enroll children into public schooling. Not a HIPAA violation. I don't really see the difference.
There's definitely a difference between sharing medical records when enrolling at a school versus attending a theme park or concert. I'm not condoning or condemning either argument, and I agree that it's not a HIPPA violation, but there is a difference between the two scenarios.

If this rule does go into effect, which I doubt it will, I imagine it'll be like the current California residency requirement and simply be on the honor system.

On another note, new mask guidelines are going to be announced by the state possibly later today. Likely doesn't mean much for theme parks at the moment, even considering that Universal Orlando dropped their outdoor mask requirement.

Trueeeeee but I also wouldn't mind rolling in around noon and just walking on things

You Westcoasters crack me up. I still work on EST so I’m always out on dawn patrol. Nothing gets busy in LA until 10-11 AM and by noon it’s buuuuusy. That’s about when I’m heading home for a nap :grin:

But, sure, if you can afford a platinum pass, it sounds like a nice way to go about hitting USH.

You Westcoasters crack me up. I still work on EST so I’m always out on dawn patrol. Nothing gets busy in LA until 10-11 AM and by noon it’s buuuuusy. That’s about when I’m heading home for a nap :grin:

But, sure, if you can afford a platinum pass, it sounds like a nice way to go about hitting USH.
Well Like I said I want it for Nintendoland and days I show up later. I think on here I've talked about it before but love going to see a movie in the summer time and then before closing heading into the park and it would just make life a little easier tohave a front of the line pass, especially with single rider gone for what could be forever or a long time.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Platinum is 100% worth it especially now. JW was 180 min and I waited 5 with express. I always have a good day at Universal no matter how busy it is.
Well Like I said I want it for Nintendoland and days I show up later. I think on here I've talked about it before but love going to see a movie in the summer time and then before closing heading into the park and it would just make life a little easier tohave a front of the line pass, especially with single rider gone for what could be forever or a long time.

I feel like if they brought back platinum they would raise the price, get rid of the express feature entirely or only allow one skip for one ride per day. Only saying this because I’ve seen so many people in the express lines lately, a decent amount of them with the platinum lanyard, and the willingness of so many people wanting to buy platinum now. We even saw the express line for JW go past the arch.

I feel like if they brought back platinum they would raise the price, get rid of the express feature entirely or only allow one skip for one ride per day. Only saying this because I’ve seen so many people in the express lines lately, a decent amount of them with the platinum lanyard, and the willingness of so many people wanting to buy platinum now. We even saw the express line for JW go past the arch.

I think that has more to do with the current capacity restrictions affecting the loading systems, and hopefully we should see the queue lines more ironed out by the time June 15th comes around.

I'd only buy it because of the Express Pass....so rather they keep that and raise the price

I just want them to go back to normal operations to see how it is....JW was 25 mins when the park opened today. What a Joke, they need to get more people on these rides because they have nothing else to reopen but WW and that will not help with morning rushes

Went to the Parks today

JW and Potter at about 30 mins each at 9AM!!! Yep welcome to theme park hell

Mummy wasn't bad so went on that twice but by 9:30 am it was over 30 mins, same with Transformer I went on it and wasnt bad but by the time off it was out the door.

Panda was easy to get on in the morning and SLOP was over an hour noon so skipped it.

Also the front fountain area is done and has some new brick work..nothing exciting but its nice its done.

Honestly I hope things get better soon or I see no reason for me to return to the park anytime soon, these lines are a mess and they have no way to fix them because they will let in as many people as they can

So apparently, despite what a team member told me in person about a week or so ago, the clock starts ticking on the remaining balance of your APs starting today--not from your next visit. So get out there and start using them before they expire.

• Angry
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Wow

That sucks if true, wish Universal just posted about it online

They did.

I'm so happy that I have an un activated Annual Pass voucher. Hopefully between now and December 16th the park returns to normal operations.

Glad I got to experience "covid operations" at Universal, but I would be pretty pissed if the clock on my pass was activated on Monday. Universal should have extended Annual Pass bonus days to June 15th.

So quick question. If I went to the park on a day that's blacked out with my silver pass does it count the first visit? I haven't been yet so do they issue a new pass or something?

So quick question. If I went to the park on a day that's blacked out with my silver pass does it count the first visit? I haven't been yet so do they issue a new pass or something?

I believe if you haven't activated it yet, you can use it on any day for your first visit and that's when they hand you your pass at the turnstiles.

Just saw on the app that Jurassic World, Mummy, Transformers, and Simpsons are "reopening soon." Was there a power outage or something on the lower lot?