Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

SeaWorld came in last, and upped the ante. (Dropping masks entirely)

"Based on the recently announced guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, we are modifying our policy regarding face coverings at some of our SeaWorld parks. Face coverings will no longer be required for guests at SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, and Discovery Cove who are fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC guidance. We will not require proof of vaccine, but ask our guests to respectfully comply with our revised policy.

All SeaWorld park employees will be required to continue to wear face coverings at this time. The safety of our guests, Ambassadors, and animals in our care remains our top priority. We will continue to monitor and address this changing environment as necessary. For more information, guests can stay up to date on our park policies by visiting our dedicated safety website.”

No one will be surprised by this but good. Go if you have the Vaccine if not enjoy risking your life for a theme park. Anyone can get it and glad in the hot summer people do not have to wear a mask outside where its already hard to get Covid

It seems like about 50/50 of masks/no masks for guests walking through the parks this morning.
I was giving this some thought, and I'm 'guessing' that a large percentage of those that are wearing masks today are guests that are 'vaccinated', and are being very safety cautious....and that
a good percentage of the guests not wearing masks are the 'anti vaxxers' since those people couldn't care less about society's overall safety in any health situation. So, bottom line, the mask
wearing probably isn't all inclusive of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. ...No facts here, just my 'guessed' opinion.

I was giving this some thought, and I'm 'guessing' that a large percentage of those that are wearing masks today are guests that are 'vaccinated', and are being very safety cautious....and that
a good percentage of the guests not wearing masks are the 'anti vaxxers' since those people couldn't care less about society's overall safety in any health situation. So, bottom line, the mask
wearing probably isn't all inclusive of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. ...No facts here, just my 'guessed' opinion.
I would guess similarly.

I just had the same thought at Publix. I was looking at some of the people without masks today and thinking they really don't seem the type to get vaccinated, yet MOST of the rest of us at Publix were wearing masks despite being vaccinated.

Lol didn’t know this happened clicked and I thought this was the Universal thread until it wasn’t.

Makes sense however if Universal is doing the same. All still feels 3-4 weeks early, but I think this makes sense.

Sorry if dumb question, I assume a mask is required when waiting outside in a queue for food? Like quick service? If so, as someone who is naturally scared of the world these days I’d feel comfortable once fully Vax’d with these restrictions especially if capacity is still lowered so they can *maybe* enforce these policies for annoying guests. At 100% capacity this will be too hard to keep track of I’d think?

While I just can’t make it down anytime soon, haven’t been during the pandemic but as a skeptic these policies don’t seem bad to me at all and isn’t a turn off. With how many lines you’re in, your mask is gonna be on a lot anyways. Again, it’s about relative enforcement for me. So we shall see.

I hope the best for these workers the next few weeks not only here but other retailers, it’s just gonna be confusing for some I think.

Basically the theme parks are asking us to trust our fellow park goers. I’m sorry but I just can’t. Masks became so politicized that if I’m next to a guest without a mask I’m going to assume they are unvaccinated, which is a shame!

My wife and I are both vaccinated but my 10 month old is not-for obvious reasons. I’d feel fine going just the two of us, but I don’t feel good about taking my daughter until she can get vaccinated OR the infection rate continues to plummet.

I went to Disney Springs tonight and mask use there was actually better than I was expecting (roughly 50/50) considering DS has always been more lax in general.

Social distancing while walking was virtually 100% gone, so I kept my mask on during those times, but when we got farther away from people, I was definitely more willing to pull it down. Distancing in lines was still being followed by they vast majority, probably because the stickers are still on the ground. Once those come up, I assume line distancing will stop as well.

It was an insanely busy night though and we had a hard time getting a table at any of the restaurants. We tried Wolfgang, Maria & Enzo’s, Enzo’s Hideaway, and House of Blues before getting a table at CityWorks (which we had to wait 30 minutes for).

We went to dinner last night at Disney Springs. I had thought they still had temp checks but they were gone already. They still have security set up there, so it was just a walk through the detectors.

Coming in, it did seem to me around 50/50 with mask, but as we got deeper in, I think it shifted to 20% to 30% with mask.

Basically the theme parks are asking us to trust our fellow park goers. I’m sorry but I just can’t. Masks became so politicized that if I’m next to a guest without a mask I’m going to assume they are unvaccinated, which is a shame!

My wife and I are both vaccinated but my 10 month old is not-for obvious reasons. I’d feel fine going just the two of us, but I don’t feel good about taking my daughter until she can get vaccinated OR the infection rate continues to plummet.
This is a do not go then.

People who cannot get the vaccine because they are too young or doctors recommend against it just need to walk away from some things until they can safely go.
This will almost certainly be changed within a few weeks because there's no way guests will understand this:
Reminds me of Incredibles mene of “Math is math”

like these places are clearly outdoors