Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So CM previews happened a week ago and there's been no impressions of the Spiderman ride? Was it not included as part of the preview?

CM's have been able to ride it, expect a flood of info on the 4th when they're able to really talk about it.
From the very few things teased by others, I'm expecting most of the positives to be about the land itself and the food. As for the ride...mixed. Considering CM previews are usually positive, this should be interesting to hear about.

CM's have been able to ride it, expect a flood of info on the 4th when they're able to really talk about it.
From the very few things teased by others, I'm expecting most of the positives to be about the land itself and the food. As for the ride...mixed. Considering CM previews are usually positive, this should be interesting to hear about.
Has there always been an embargo on CMs from previews? The minimal reviews seem to be a bad sign in my book. "okay to good" is about what I expected from this ride.

Reactions: belloq87
Has there always been an embargo on CMs from previews? The minimal reviews seem to be a bad sign in my book. "okay to good" is about what I expected from this ride.
You'd think if it was something great Disney would want them talking about it, right? But we all know what this ride is and I don't think anyone's socks (even most CMs who eat up the pixie dust) will be blown off.

Reactions: Clive and Freak
Soon enough all the bloggers will have 100 videos on the ride. Probably the 3rd best shooter in the resort but maybe it’s good. Im not a fan of these tyoe of rides. The best one is probably Justice League at SFMM.

For the longest time, it's been incredibly common to lowkey judge guests for not even doing the bare minimum research before visiting the parks.

At this point though, I feel like even with research, this is all getting so incredibly messy and confusing that it's hard to know what's going on unless you're on a forum at all times or something. Some rides require virtual queues, some don't. You can't book more than one virtual queue at a time. You can book a meal on the app for Avengers Campus, but it doesn't guarantee admission to the land. Fastpass may or may not return in an even more confusing fashion. Etc. I honestly feel bad for common guests at this point.

For the longest time, it's been incredibly common to lowkey judge guests for not even doing the bare minimum research before visiting the parks.

At this point though, I feel like even with research, this is all getting so incredibly messy and confusing that it's hard to know what's going on unless you're on a forum at all times or something. Some rides require virtual queues, some don't. You can't book more than one virtual queue at a time. You can book a meal on the app for Avengers Campus, but it doesn't guarantee admission to the land. Fastpass may or may not return in an even more confusing fashion. Etc. I honestly feel bad for common guests at this point.
Even me as a theme park snob has kind of “lost touch” with the ins and outs of trying to maximize everything being that the parks have been closed for over a year here in California. I’ve started to become more disgruntled toward the expansion of reservations and VQs as I just want more spontaneity.

Even me as a theme park snob has kind of “lost touch” with the ins and outs of trying to maximize everything being that the parks have been closed for over a year here in California. I’ve started to become more disgruntled toward the expansion of reservations and VQs as I just want more spontaneity.
You need a PHD in Theme Parkology to visit Disney. And WDW is even worst than Cal. ..It will catch up to them ultimately, and not in a good way. They're still living off of the good will, marketing and memories of people from when
Disney treated their customers as true 'guests'. Just a mirage now.

Reactions: WAJAS and Freak

When I went to the Cast Member preview of Galaxy's Edge as a guest we had to put our phones in bags which could be happening here. Otherwise I think most Cast Members aren't going to risk getting in trouble for sharing details and I'd imagine the guests of those Cast Members feel the same way. My bar isn't set very high for the Spider-Man ride anyway so hearing okay to good is about where I assumed it would be.

I totally feel the same way about losing touch with how to plan. It almost feels like a near daily thing that some new bit of information comes out from Disney directly or that someone talks about online that makes planning your day so much more difficult. This is a little off topic and probably a discussion for a later time, but I do think that after the initial hype of returning to a Disney park settles down we will see the return of the more traditional AP that we are used to in Anaheim. Obviously we don't know what the new "affinity/loyalty program" will be yet but if it is a higher priced reservation based system I don't know if it will last long term.

I'm sure we'll see the use of the Spider-Man acrobatic robot for the dedication ceremony. I just hope it's not like the infamous WDW Fantasyland Dragon and is never seen again.

I am eagerly awaiting the unveiling of the flippy dippy Spider-Man robot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
I really hope the lack of music is a ride glitch. Either way, this reminds me so much of Ninjago at Legoland.
I've heard it (or rather not heard it) in multiple POVs. There's lots of promo video mixed in though so it's possibly a copyright issue?

EDIT: I will say that if it's confirmed they didn't add music to this ride than just...I mean how am I supposed to have faith in the new direction of Imagineering when they either fail or are too lazy to include something so fundamental. Well, unless they were trying to be like Fast and Furious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grabnar