Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Ok, so have they finished paying the lien?

If worst somehow comes to worst (which I do not expect it to), can Fun Spot put a Raptor at one of their locations down here too?

I actually don't mind a 2022 opening, for a myriad of reasons.

Last edited:
Ok, so have they finished paying the lien?

If worst somehow comes to worst (which I do not expect it to), can Fun Spot put a Raptor at one of their locations down here too?

I actually don't mind a 2022 opening, for a myriad of reasons.
I don’t mind 2022 because we just got VelociCoaster so I feel fulfilled for now :lol:

Man, screw BGT for this. If I would have known it was a 2022 addition, I wouldn't have bought an annual pass. I know y'all have it good in Orlando, but BGT is my home park and I've been waiting years for this. And now I'm probably going to be moving out of state before it opens.

I know I sound entitled, and I'm sorry, but this just really sucks.

Man, screw BGT for this. If I would have known it was a 2022 addition, I wouldn't have bought an annual pass. I know y'all have it good in Orlando, but BGT is my home park and I've been waiting years for this. And now I'm probably going to be moving out of state before it opens.

I know I sound entitled, and I'm sorry, but this just really sucks.
Your not wrong.

I decided long and hard if I wanted to talk about if and how to address how disappointed I am about the situation.

Nevertheless, I have decided I should.

Seaworld parks and Ent held it over our heads all year, and didn't decide to tell us what was going on until they literally had to.
They went and painted a picture of a definite 2021 opening when the park reopened, so like many people, I bought an Annual pass. And also like many people, almost specifically for Iron Gwazi because I was excited about it.
I am not whining about IG as much as the fact that it's not opened, but the fact that I bought an AP in hopes that the park would deliver on it's promise.

When they uncovered the problem that ultimately lead to the change of the opening date being "Anitipated 2021" they should have been vocal almost immediately that they still were not sure when the ride would open, or they needed more time to work out the kinks or conditions of the ride.
Instead they responded with nothing.

Tbh, some may call me stupid or arrogant for looking into this so much. I call it buying a 6 pack of beer and then come to find out a whole beer is missing. Sure, I have all the other beers but maybe I wanted to have all that I was promised. I know damn well once I bought that case of beer that the label didn't magically change from a 6 pack to a 5 pack. Just like my Annual pass, sure I have the other coasters and other experiances, but it is not right to almost avoid the topic anytime it is brought up so they can still make a profit for people hoping to ride Gwazi.

It is sad to see because as it is possible the ride can still open this year, the person who reported on it's status wasn't even sure when it would open. It makes it feel like the situation is bigger then some may have thought.

Agree or disagree with my claim, they should not have waited this long to finally tell us what was going on. It could of all be avoided if they were straight up, and not waiting until the last minute so people wouldn't stop buying Annual passes.

Now I see why some will not sit step foot in the park until the ride opens.

Thank you for reading.

When they uncovered the problem that ultimately lead to the change of the opening date being "Anitipated 2021" they should have been vocal almost immediately that they still were not sure when the ride would open, or they needed more time to work out the kinks or conditions of the ride.
Instead they responded with nothing.

Not to sound dense or anything but what is the problem or have they not stated? I understood the lien issue, impact of Covid, and maybe even staffing issues. Is there something being fixed or has it been announced? Midway Mayhem had pictures of people doing work in the structure.

Not to sound dense or anything but what is the problem or have they not stated? I understood the lien issue, impact of Covid, and maybe even staffing issues. Is there something being fixed or has it been announced? Midway Mayhem had pictures of people doing work in the structure.
Nobody from the park has said anything about it. That conference thing is the closest we've gotten to info in several months.

It has to have had something to do with the structure or track, or there wouldn't be workers up there.

Unless I'm forgetting some kind of major project it seems SeaWorld Parks will be the only ones rolling out new things next Spring/Summer

This seems like a wise move on the backs of attendance rebounding, special events, etc

Spring 2022 is not as far away as it sounds

Doesn't Disney have stuff planned for Spring/Summer? 2022? Tron or Guardians?

Other way around-- Tron '22 and Guardians '23

Regardless, it is smart of them to spread them out like that to recover from Covid. And IG really won't be competing for the same crowd with those two. IB might, I guess.

So does anybody here actually know what the status of the liens is? I could swear I remember hearing that they paid them off but given that the company was just starting to recover from their earlier problems right before the pandemic hit, I can't shake that feeling.

Last edited:
Regardless, it is smart of them to spread them out like that to recover from Covid. And IG really won't be competing for the same crowd with those two. IB might, I guess.

So does anybody here actually know what the status of the liens is? I could swear I remember hearing that they paid them off but given that the company was just starting to recover from their earlier problems right before the pandemic hit, I can't shake that feeling.
The liens are not the problem.
I believe it's some sort of technical error, which is still confusing because they handed them the keys in December with a can-do good to go attitude.