Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Over on Magic, Martin has reported that the most current proposal for the Avengers ride is just a clone of Flight of Passage.

Well then, I recall mentioning this earlier...

The original idea was most certainly a complex ride system, but honestly I don't think we're gonna' see that come to life. I'm in the boat of some others feeling they're gonna' play it safe, and safe is using a ride system they already have. I hope that's not the case, but as far as we know it could very well be Flight of Marvel.

When it comes to FoP, I was fine with it. Admittedly it is a nice motion base and it can pull off some nice maneuvers, so there's a chance they can have some fun with it with the Avengers...though granted how much they can play with it remains to be seen. This is a system where it feels like it needs to take a planned pause in order to avoid the system overheating, and even then FoP ran into issues.

But yeah, when it comes to the basis of this is supposed to be the big Marvel E-ticket, one that some folks say that "Web Slingers is filler for..", it's a massive disappointment that the ride could be just another clone. An when arguably the biggest IP they got outside of their own material is relegated to overlays and clones, the question of "Do they really get the IP?" looms bigger and bigger. GotG so far is the outlier where you can say they got it, but they shouldn't be the only one where you can say they did.

It makes it all the more awkward that right next door is Cars Land, based off a IP which isn't really held in the highest regard by others (myself included), but that land is a winner, and it's home to one of the best E-tickets in the whole resort. That's the kind of ambition you want for a land/ride based off one of your biggest IP's.

Reactions: belloq87 and Freak
I've never been on FoP I've heard good things though. But just a clone of it? Seriously?!
FoP is pretty fun and it seems to be popular with the regular crowd

Every friend and family member I've taken on it has been super impressed

Cloning it is not a terrible idea, especially with a Marvel theme

Oh god, did I just defend a Disney ride?

FoP is pretty fun and it seems to be popular with the regular crowd

Every friend and family member I've taken on it has been super impressed

Cloning it is not a terrible idea, especially with a Marvel theme

Oh god, did I just defend a Disney ride?
It’s a fun ride no doubt. The issue is when all everyone has said is wait until Disney gets ahold of marvel and their flagship land is three clones, there is a problem.

I would also guess they will modify it a bit to be inside a quinjet so not sure the setup.

Reactions: Freak
So let's say they do build this and it's essentially just FoP - Avengers version. This would present them with an option that I think Chapek would absolutely love. Grizzly Peak is a land with two *original* attractions, something that i'm sure Chapek would love to change. By adding FoP, this would allow them to basically do whatever they want with that land. Add whatever new IP themed land they want and while people would still groan about losing Soarin', the groans would be less because there's a NEW Marvel version!

Not saying that's something that's even in the cards for the near future (or something I would want at all), but I can totally see it happening considering how Chapek loves to squeeze IP into every little nook of the parks.

So let's say they do build this and it's essentially just FoP - Avengers version. This would present them with an option that I think Chapek would absolutely love. Grizzly Peak is a land with two *original* attractions, something that i'm sure Chapek would love to change. By adding FoP, this would allow them to basically do whatever they want with that land. Add whatever new IP themed land they want and while people would still groan about losing Soarin', the groans would be less because there's a NEW Marvel version!

Not saying that's something that's even in the cards for the near future, but I can totally see it happening considering how Chapek loves to squeeze IP into every little nook of the parks.
You're going to turn this into a Brother Bear thread, and I just ran out of Advil

Not saying that's something that's even in the cards for the near future, but I can totally see it happening considering how Chapek loves to squeeze IP into every little nook of the parks.
No no no no no no no no no NO. Don’t give them ideas. I don’t want Pixar Peak. LOL

So I take it we were expecting Rise of the Resistance, but with Marvel?

Perhaps my expectations are a bit high, but I think FoP with Marvel will be a great addition to DCA

Can someone do an overlay of FoP onto this plot of land? I'm interested if there would be room to add more theaters so capacity wouldn't be an issue.

That's never what it sounded like they were doing. Based on public comments (of which there have been few), it always sounded like Flight of Avengers :lol:

Reactions: shiekra38

Not quite...*points down to spoiler*

That's never what it sounded like they were doing. Based on public comments (of which there have been few), it always sounded like Flight of Avengers :lol:

Gonna' keep it in spoilers just in case but...

From the sounds of it, the original idea was a transformative RV/motion simulator of sorts. Like everyone starts seated together in the Quinjet, and then the seats drop out and split apart into smaller pods/individual jet packs of sorts. Super ambitious and would've turned heads for sure, kinda' reminds me of that one advertisement which had people riding a futuristic coaster which went from sitdown and dropped into inverted.

But alas, that may have just been a rumor or the one that got put back to the drawing board due to capacity concerns.

From the sounds of it, the original idea was a transformative RV/motion simulator of sorts. Like everyone starts seated together in the Quinjet, and then the seats drop out and split apart into smaller pods/individual jet packs of sorts. Super ambitious and would've turned heads for sure, kinda' reminds me of that one advertisement which had people riding a futuristic coaster which went from sitdown and dropped into inverted.

But alas, that may have just been a rumor or the one that got put back to the drawing board due to capacity concerns.
...oh...is that all?