Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I think they should do just classic Loki....the new look is too generic for the parks

It works in the show but not so much for a random dude
I think it works fine and I think it's kinda interesting that each week you could see a "new version" of Loki. Or you could potentially see whoever "The Variant" is once it is revealed (likely next week). They'll likely go back to classic Loki eventually.

My only quibble is that the person portraying Loki looks wayyyy too young compared to Tom Hiddleston, so I wish they had cast people slightly older to portray him.

I think it works fine and I think it's kinda interesting that each week you could see a "new version" of Loki. Or you could potentially see whoever "The Variant" is once it is revealed (likely next week). They'll likely go back to classic Loki eventually.

My only quibble is that the person portraying Loki looks wayyyy too young compared to Tom Hiddleston, so I wish they had cast people slightly older to portray him.
If you put him out without content NO one would know who he is....the costume is too plain and the actor looks not enough like Loki to pull it off

If you put him out without content NO one would know who he is....the costume is too plain and the actor looks not enough like Loki to pull it off
Okay, but the fact of the matter is that they are putting the TVA Loki out there WITH content. We may not actually see some of these versions of Loki in the parks ever again. And i'd argue that from a distance, the actor looks enough like Loki, but I think the real problem is he simply look too young.

Okay, but the fact of the matter is that they are putting the TVA Loki out there WITH content. We may not actually see some of these versions of Loki in the parks ever again. And i'd argue that from a distance, the actor looks enough like Loki, but I think the real problem is he simply look too young.
The premise just kind of seems weird to me. I guess it will connect with some of the folks that watched the show on D+

I'm more inclined to believe that Loki from the films would be a better fit in the land

For me it would be the equivalent of a Peter Parker meet and greet with someone that looks somewhat like Tom Holland if I squint

The premise just kind of seems weird to me. I guess it will connect with some of the folks that watched the show on D+

I'm more inclined to believe that Loki from the films would be a better fit in the land

For me it would be the equivalent of a Peter Parker meet and greet with someone that looks somewhat like Tom Holland if I squint
I'm inclined to believe that after the show is over, film Loki will be back.

Well, I did the thing and checked out Avengers campus Spent a full day at DCA to take everything in and revisit my favorites.

I have some positives on the new area: The area looks fantastic at night! The Spiderman stuntronic show was kinda cool. The food at Pym's kitchen was pretty good! Got the pretzel with mustard, oversized chicken sandwich, the soda from the Incredible Hulk, and the giant candy bar. I wasn't overwhelmed by the menu at first, but I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. The Choco-Smash bar was delicious! That's my new go-to treat at DCA now. Also, the Shawarma was excellent! The best way I could describe it was a taco bell item but with a greek twist. That may or may not sound nasty to you, but trust me, it's really good!

But there are the glaring faults in the land, and that would be the rides....or lack thereof. I got to do WEB and that was a very underwhelming experience. Look, I knew there was no way that this would be as good at IoA's Spidey, but man I felt like they barely even tried to make a worthy Spiderman ride. I didn't expect this ride to be the best ride Disney has ever made, but I didn't expect this ride to be freaking awful either. The gimmick of being able to shoot web can only get you so far if the ride is very boring. Every scene was literally the same room over and over. When I saw just the couple of clips of the ride online, I didn't realize that I had just viewed the entire ride! I'm literally dumb-founded Disney. I know you didn't have a ton of space to work with here, but you have all of the resources at your disposal to make a decent Spiderman ride and this is all you can come up with!? Dude, you literally could've made something along the lines of Justice League at Six Flags using the same concept and this would've been FAR better than the crap-fest we got. This might be Disney's new supercharged. What a bland ride. What a dumb decision to put another Midway Mania in the same park as Midway Mania.

The biggest blunder of the land is that it really lacks substance. It lacks draw. You know you have a mediocre land when a four-year old ride has more "pull" than your newest ride, which I would classify as a C-ticket! The land needs a new E-ticket really really, REALLY bad. If they want more people to come to DCA, they need to start building that Avengers ride pronto. Good food and looking nice at night will only get you so far before people get bored and will demand something new. Actually, I would describe this area as a themed shopping and dining Instagram hot spot and not a land. It's like they put such little effort into thinking creatively on what attractions could be there and focused more on how the photo ops should look. The more I think about how they could've managed that tight space, the more I think about how they could've done a better Spiderman dark ride or a Doctor Strange Vekoma madhouse, the more frustrated I become with what we got.

Overall, good food, looks great at night, but the land desperately needs help. Fast track a Doctor Strange madhouse or something to hold us over for the Avengers ride. An Instagram shopping mall is so underwhelming for DCA.

Just got back today, admittedly the land feels better in person and actually a bit more comic-book-y but my God, it is a mismanaged MESS. The line for the Pym Test Kitchen was ridiculous and the Doctor Strange show area was surprisingly tiny. Also, I actually had fun on Spider-Man, but my God is the ride a cringe fest and so uninspiring. Its "campus" setting serves it no purpose and the story feels so shoe horned and feels like it tries hard and falls on its face in order to present itself as something bigger than just some shooter. That's about it though.