Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

is vinyl a surface you expect to paint? I sort of assumed that was why it was vinyl (low maintenance on paper)but yes, the sun is brutal!

You can paint on it.

The UV in Florida is ridiculous.

I print on PVC banner, the same material as this. Uncoated, the colour should last about 3 years, laminated or coated, it should last about 7 years.

I've spoken to printers in Florida, who have had untreated PVC banner barely last a year.

Printed images of food can result in bad results as red and yellow tend to fade faster than blues and greens so you can end up with photos of food that look green and disgusting.

When we bought our home in Florida we had it painted with stuff that goes onto lighthouses (sun, wind, salty air) and it keeps it's color for +25 years. Sure it's more expensive but in the long run it saves a ton of money and work. Not sure why they don't use that...

When we bought our home in Florida we had it painted with stuff that goes onto lighthouses (sun, wind, salty air) and it keeps it's color for +25 years. Sure it's more expensive but in the long run it saves a ton of money and work. Not sure why they don't use that...

I don't know if that would work as I imagine that kind of paint is probably quite thick and will be harden when it sets. The PVC roofing will be quite flexible and is prone to shrinking and enlarging with heat which might crack the paint.

The roofs probably lastest longer than expected and they should be cheap and easy to replace.

The reason they probably went with this concept is because it's easy to print on, it can be easily stretched to fit most shapes and it works. It also has the added benefit of being able to print on both sides so the inside of the buildings will show off the print.

IMG_3267 inside.jpg

I must have found this interesting enough to take a photo on my last trip. If you look closely, you can see how the multiple panels are heat welded together and how the panels are attached to the skeleton of the roof.

I don't know if that would work as I imagine that kind of paint is probably quite thick and will be harden when it sets. The PVC roofing will be quite flexible and is prone to shrinking and enlarging with heat which might crack the paint.

The roofs probably lastest longer than expected and they should be cheap and easy to replace.

The reason they probably went with this concept is because it's easy to print on, it can be easily stretched to fit most shapes and it works. It also has the added benefit of being able to print on both sides so the inside of the buildings will show off the print.

View attachment 14087

I must have found this interesting enough to take a photo on my last trip. If you look closely, you can see how the multiple panels are heat welded together and how the panels are attached to the skeleton of the roof.

Also won't rot with all the water around that park.

Any updates on the back of the park lockers/showers and if they are open? That really frustrated me when I went last day last year was both back of park locker and shower stations were closed, even filled a request at customer service asking them to please open them. Any info on this?

Any updates on the back of the park lockers/showers and if they are open? That really frustrated me when I went last day last year was both back of park locker and shower stations were closed, even filled a request at customer service asking them to please open them. Any info on this?

It looks like the Rainforest restrooms themselves are open, but not the locker banks. This is on a Monday, though (not sure if it's different on the weekend).

Sorry to ask again but asking again especially with no more capacity limits, are the back lockers open yet now?