Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

View attachment 14556
I don't know what this new structure they are building? But I see this was going on and off again. Not much activity is happening during the weekend. I am guessing this is the exit gift shop and ride photo preview area. Once that is done, Ice Breaker might see an opening date. Memorial Day is May 31st. And is there another company call on May 20th? Overall, just seeing this gives me hope. When I was at employee ride previews, I saw workers doing some welding on metal structures.
It's allegedly a gift shop/kiosk and allegedly why IB isn't open yet

*checks calendar*

Honestly don't know what happened. There were people scheduled to be opening May 15, they had staff from park open till close, and I had heard from multiple area supervisors that something would be occurring. Plans change, I guess.

I got some word from a Twitter DM with SeaWorld Informer. He has said that the building permits for Ice Breaker have not been finalized and signed off by Orange County. Despite the final touches occurring over at the new exit shop.

I am here now, and there is not a soul in the vicinity of IB.

Also, sidenote: ops are DREADFUL today. If they opened this thing with the park in this state it'd be an utter disaster.

Those are the fire ball throwers! It's great to see them on both sides of the bridge this year to make a larger viewing area.

Video starts at the fire balls:

Well there you go...I've honestly never noticed them until now haha

I'm guessing they're put out seasonally then