Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16

Checked wait times they are back to normal

I could go the last few hours and get on a few rides (maybe more since single rider is reopen)
Love it and soo glad its back

Has anyone actually been and confirmed all rows/seats are being loaded on rides and shows? Planning on visiting Sunday.

Single rider line open on FJ. It was weird sharing a bench with someone. Im going to check Jurassic and Mummy.

edit: single rider lines are in operation. JW was 70 min but there were only 2 people in single rider. I waited longer in express. Mummy single rider was 5 people deep with a 30 min wait. Park felt a lot more crowded.
The only thing I have seen not come back to normal operations is Olivanders. They are still not doing the show.

Last edited:
Forgive the double post, but what on earth is going on over there today? Been monitoring wait times via the app and it’s wild - Jurassic World peaked at 180 minutes, and Despicable Me is at an unthinkable 120 minutes. Are they understaffed? Not filling all rows / not running all loading bays? The park obviously gets crowded in the summer, but this feels beyond what’s typical in my experience.

Forgive the double post, but what on earth is going on over there today? Been monitoring wait times via the app and it’s wild - Jurassic World peaked at 180 minutes, and Despicable Me is at an unthinkable 120 minutes. Are they understaffed? Not filling all rows / not running all loading bays? The park obviously gets crowded in the summer, but this feels beyond what’s typical in my experience.
Saw a video where the express line for Jurassic World went past the archway. Hope it’s not too many people upgrading to platinum. It’s also technically a holiday weekend with Father’s Day tomorrow.

There were long lines at the express kiosks with people upgrading to express for the day. The morning seemed busy but managable. I left the park at 11:30 and it seemed busier than I have seen it since reopening. They are filing all the rows on all the rides.

Didn't know where else to put this, but anyways, went to the park for the first time since it reopened and got my new pass, but wow, what a mismanaged mess. It felt like I was at Magic Mountain. Jurassic World had line cutting EVERYWHERE, a 60 min posted wait time that ended up being an hour & forty, disorganized queues for food with barely any cashier stations open and yeah, it just looked like it was not a fun day to be there. Granted, I did go a little later in the day, but still, it was a bit repulsive just being there.

I had my first post-COVID protocols visit Friday afternoon/evening and, oh man, do I miss those guidelines. All the great ambiance of the Mummy’s and Hogwarts queues ruined by iPhones blaring. The Mummy shut down right before we got on because someone decide to put their feet up on the ride. And then the woman behind me filmed the Mummy with her iPhone light on the entire ride. Oof.

Last edited:
Update on the Platinum pass: when i was talking to guest relations yesterday about where to get my platinum pass lanyard she said they are out until mid August because when June 15th cane around tons of people bought or upgraded to platinum and today I noticed it's not available for sale anymore on the site probably due to that increased demand. Do you think they will come back with a higher price point for the pass or a new pass entirely? Or do you think they'll stop selling it for a few months?

Didn't know where else to put this, but anyways, went to the park for the first time since it reopened and got my new pass, but wow, what a mismanaged mess. It felt like I was at Magic Mountain. Jurassic World had line cutting EVERYWHERE, a 60 min posted wait time that ended up being an hour & forty, disorganized queues for food with barely any cashier stations open and yeah, it just looked like it was not a fun day to be there. Granted, I did go a little later in the day, but still, it was a bit repulsive just being there.
I had my first post-COVID protocols visit Friday afternoon/evening and, oh man, do I miss those guidelines. All the great ambiance of the Mummy’s and Hogwarts queues ruined by iPhones blaring. The Mummy shut down right before we got on because someone decide to put their feet up on the ride. And then the woman behind me filmed the Mummy with her iPhone light on the entire ride. Oof.
Geez, IDK what happened after several weeks. It wasn’t that bad the last two times
I’ve gone since the park reopened!

That is why I do Mornings. Get there early and leave at Lunchtime. I was there late in the day on the 4th and it was pretty bad but I knew that going in. Citywalk is a mess too. Closed restaurants and long waits at place that were open. Antojitos and Bubba Gumps were only seating half their ta

Update on the Platinum pass: when i was talking to guest relations yesterday about where to get my platinum pass lanyard she said they are out until mid August because when June 15th cane around tons of people bought or upgraded to platinum and today I noticed it's not available for sale anymore on the site probably due to that increased demand. Do you think they will come back with a higher price point for the pass or a new pass entirely? Or do you think they'll stop selling it for a few months?
I wouldn’t be mad if they raised the price on thr pass. I think I paid around $650 in 2019. Right now people can’t get Disneyland passes so they ate buying Universal passes. I wouod think they will have a version of Platinum in the future with probably a price increase.

If it makes you feel better....Orlando also had disorganized food queue lines and a ordering process that was pure chaos, when we were there in mid June. Alicia says they've improved it a bit the past week. For two they abandoned the
horribly inefficient express phone order and pay system and discontinued dining plans this past week. That should help a lot. They do need to hire and train more workers. But that part seems to be a national problem since many pre covid food workers
have changed professions after a year of uncertain up & downs of employment, in an industry that the states kept closing after openings, multiple times.

Any Rumors of The Potter Night Time shows coming back?

Disney has fireworks again, so you'd think Universal would have some sort of show as well

Are you sure you were at USH?

Any Rumors of The Potter Night Time shows coming back?

Disney has fireworks again, so you'd think Universal would have some sort of show as well
Universal also not selling discounted tickets to the park. They don't need to draw a crowd right now like DL does. Just my opinion.

The Jurassic World line cutting issue is a-lot people joining their party that were sitting off to the side and their group texts they're close to boarding. That line is easy to cut because every switchback can be accessed from the walkway you take to enter the queue. It's very annoying and a design flaw that should've been addressed with the re-do.