Black Widow | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Black Widow

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
“Selling out” a movie theater in many places though is only at 25% capacity or so, so it’s not necessarily hard. FL is a lot more than that, but most of the country is still down there.
Sure but Kong made what Wonder Woman in 5 days...my point is things are getting better and more people are seeing movies and thin BW first two weeks will be very very healthy

Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
84% is about average for an MCU project. Funny enough, i'm most looking forward to Taskmaster and Yelena Belova rather than Natasha herself with this movie.

Reactions: SeventyOne
From what i'm sort of hearing out of the consensus/roundup is that the film is really solid and it leaves it open for a possible sequel (and a compelling case for one some say). Depending on how well this movie performs at the box office and on Disney+, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see another dive into Natasha's past.

Double post… but just wanted to share how much I enjoyed this film. Fits very well in the MCU catalogue. Interesting post credit scene…
Looks like this will play right into the Hawkeye series and really like how it included the countess from F&WS

I've heard that David Harbour's Red Guardian is amazing and that people would watch a movie a spin-off just about him. I'm interested mostly in Yelena though.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
I really enjoyed it, I thought it had some of the best characterization and development of any solo MCU movie. Harbor and Pugh were great, I'm also hopeful we see Taskmaster and Melina in the future. The post credits scene is also one of the best, actually pushes the overall story forward in a compelling way. 8/10.

Completely average, it's another Marvel movie. Thought some parts were well done but there was also a lot of dumb moments that I couldn't buy compared to other superhero flicks or poor writing choices that took me out of good scenes. Stakes and pacing in general was an issue. Taskmaster was completely underutilized. I'd put it with the Ant-Man movies and Captain Marvel in quality. It really doesn't connect to the current era of MCU that much at all and as such is very inconsequential. It feels very much like a 2016 Marvel script made in 2020. It could be cool to see where some of the side characters go in future movies, but that's about it.

But honestly, it was kinda just nice to be back in the theater watching a Marvel movie, so there's that. I didn't not enjoy myself.

On the bottom of my MCU list...you want to see this film done better Winter Soilder

The film had some good parts but overal meh, the good parts feel soooo discounted from the bad who the hell cares "story" Maybe if Widows were an issue then sure but you can't have like 80 different "assassins groups" going around without it feeling like just a boring copy of whats come before it.
I think the side characters did great for what they were given but I think they will shine much brighter in other MCU upcoming shows/movies

Also told you all if you didn't watch Falcon you have NOOOOO idea what is happening in the end credits and that is leading up to another show...so yeah Shows connect to the movies and vice versa no...you can just watch one or the other. You need to watch both for the full story

Also TaskMaster might be the worst villain we have had in a while...literally didn't even talk

Side note - I’m seeing the movie today, only a little over a day since it’s release, and I can’t even go on Twitter without spoilers.

And I’m not blaming people, I’m blaming the trending tab. There’s already been names/events popping up as hashtags and immediately I knew it was related to either a cameo or the post-credits. Same thing happens with Loki - thus why I wake up early on Wednesday to watch it before work because lord knows by Wednesday afternoon everyone will be spoiling the reveals.

Its crazy that you have to shut yourself off from social media until you see a new movie or show.

Rant over:faint:

Side note - I’m seeing the movie today, only a little over a day since it’s release, and I can’t even go on Twitter without spoilers.

And I’m not blaming people, I’m blaming the trending tab. There’s already been names/events popping up as hashtags and immediately I knew it was related to either a cameo or the post-credits. Same thing happens with Loki - thus why I wake up early on Wednesday to watch it before work because lord knows by Wednesday afternoon everyone will be spoiling the reveals.

Its crazy that you have to shut yourself off from social media until you see a new movie or show.

Rant over:faint:
Talked to my GF about this we are out of town the weekend shang-chi comes out and hoping we can see it Thursday night...to not be spoiled

I’ve somehow gotten my social media algorithm configured to where I haven’t really been spoiled on anything.

I appreciated that this movie has the themes/analogy of survivors of sex trafficking. I'm pretty dense when it comes to context clues, but I got the point of the red room and Natasha not being able to attack her abuser.