Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The facade is the gas station. And, in my mind, one of the better SS facades they’ve done.

It was rumored/spec that Universal was pursuing SotL, but they got denied early enough they could give TCM a full design. It’s not a “replacement.”
The only thing about SotL that I don't quite grok is the Lecter Pops they were selling in the Tribute store. They don't tend to sell stuff from non-Uni IPs that they're not working with. What was happening there?

The facade is the gas station. And, in my mind, one of the better SS facades they’ve done.
I've been to the actual gas station from the movie, and now I'm excited to see how closely it compares to the HHN version. But I am surprised to hear you say that it is one of the better facades. I'm trying to imagine what this could look like that would be visually impressive.

Isn't it pretty similar to House of 1000 Corpses, but with less neon and the giant skull?

The only thing about SotL that I don't quite grok is the Lecter Pops they were selling in the Tribute store. They don't tend to sell stuff from non-Uni IPs that they're not working with. What was happening there?
Different avenues, is my guess. Merch is told, “we’re trying to get SotL during planning,” so they contract the purchase of SotL Funkos (which likely require a long lead time for wholesale purchases). While that’s happening, rights for the house fall through.

I've been to the actual gas station from the movie, and now I'm excited to see how closely it compares to the HHN version. But I am surprised to hear you say that it is one of the better facades. I'm trying to imagine what this could look like that would be visually impressive.

Isn't it pretty similar to House of 1000 Corpses, but with less neon and the giant skull?
Sometimes, the visual authenticity of a simple location is the impressive part. I don’t always need scale.
So does this rule out SotL for Shrek?
They had a few months to replace Eilish.

Put me in camp I'll keep my face.

Not crazy about seeing TCM return especially if its the original. The first time was OK, 2nd time was meh. Definitely not ready for a third time with it already especially when it feels too similar to House of 1000 Corpses.

So how are they doing the chainsaws within the soundstage? Triggers that cue chainsaw sfx and chainsaw props? I’d have to imagine they’ll have an outdoor section similar to Monsters and Mayhem.