Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread

Ah, so exciting!!!! I wonder how long construction for this area/ride will take.

Honestly, I'm fascinated for what the timeline is for this. Especially as Fantasy Springs is a 2023 project; perhaps we should be expecting DKC to debut around the time Tokyo Disneysea opens the hotel/areas? Or perhaps--they'd be willing to have Donkey Kong Country be 2022, and that rumored Pokemon project that TPU discussed, is the 2023 project.

Either way, super exciting to finally see the work begin for Donkey Kong, I can't wait to see the ride in motion.

Honestly, I'm fascinated for what the timeline is for this. Especially as Fantasy Springs is a 2023 project; perhaps we should be expecting DKC to debut around the time Tokyo Disneysea opens the hotel/areas? Or perhaps--they'd be willing to have Donkey Kong Country be 2022, and that rumored Pokemon project that TPU discussed, is the 2023 project.

Either way, super exciting to finally see the work begin for Donkey Kong, I can't wait to see the ride in motion.
Ya that’s what I was wondering, doing they close Spidey this year then open DK end of next summer/early fall, with Pokémon next summer. Should be good to help the parks there recover a bit plus the new TDR hotels and expansions coming. Good time to live in Japan and be a theme park junkie

Ya that’s what I was wondering, doing they close Spidey this year then open DK end of next summer/early fall, with Pokémon next summer. Should be good to help the parks there recover a bit plus the new TDR hotels and expansions coming. Good time to live in Japan and be a theme park junkie

I've kept my mouth shut but I think Pokemon/Spider-man rumors make zero sense and I don't think that ride is closing anytime soon.

I've kept my mouth shut but I think Pokemon/Spider-man rumors make zero sense and I don't think that ride is closing anytime soon.
Fair enough. The ride system could work for that IP, they’re limited on space, so I didn’t doubt it really. Regardless, DK will be a good counter act to everything Disney is doing.

So finally, it has arrived. Hopefully, it will be finished next year or early 2023.

I'm half wondering if this is TF level speed; perhaps a Summer 2022 isn't impossible? Especially with summer break usually for JP being July/August, I could see a year-round timetable if things are near 24/7.

Great news! But Id say 2023.

I think we will then see something else non NintentoPokemon related

Fun fact, this is what I'm most looking forward to seeing in SNW

MK was intriguing to see how they would do it

Yoshi is exactly what I expected

But this seems extra special to me...probably because it's a coaster lol
I was more intrigued by MK, but this has always felt like it could be my favorite of the 3 attractions in SNW. Play the DK music as we’re jumping thru the coaster track and I’m a happy camper here.

Great news! But Id say 2023.

I think we will then see something else non NintentoPokemon related
I think there's potential in a special event where you can around areas of the park and find hidden Pokemon. Sonething like the Phineas and Ferb game.

I'm half wondering if this is TF level speed; perhaps a Summer 2022 isn't impossible? Especially with summer break usually for JP being July/August, I could see a year-round timetable if things are near 24/7.

If Japan's construction is going smoothly and ahead of time for the DK expansion, we might see summer 2022 for this. This is just one area for a specific Nintendo IP, rather than the whole area that is the current SNW area.