Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World Gyrosphere ride?

If there's not a Gyrosphere ride in Beijing, there's not going to be a Gyrosphere
Doesn't have to be first in Beijing. Could be an original first at USH like SLOP, that could then be ported over to other parks. Beijing and Orlando having actual Jurassic lands that could always use new rides.

Doesn't have to be first in Beijing. Could be an original first at USH like SLOP, that could then be ported over to other parks. Beijing and Orlando having actual Jurassic lands that could always use new rides.
We have it on pretty good sources that the Gyrosphere concept was ditched when Creative found the ride system to be unworkable. Which is why Beijing has their dark ride based on the Spider-Man/Transformers rig. I doubt we'll see a Gyrosphere ride anywhere if Creative couldn't get it to work for their big new theme park.

We have it on pretty good sources that the Gyrosphere concept was ditched when Creative found the ride system to be unworkable. Which is why Beijing has their dark ride based on the Spider-Man/Transformers rig. I doubt we'll see a Gyrosphere ride anywhere if Creative couldn't get it to work for their big new theme park.
True, but technology has I am sure improved since then or they found a different way and could always add it to Beijing later after it comes here. Research and development do take awhile so I would say it is certainly not out of the realm of possibilities for something to be cooking up.

True, but technology has I am sure improved since then or they found a different way and could always add it to Beijing later after it comes here. Research and development do take awhile so I would say it is certainly not out of the realm of possibilities for something to be cooking up.
I'm thinking the same thing, but I also feel they would probably want to develop a whole new attraction with the gyrosphere, perhaps outdoors?

Is there any reason a more developed ride couldn’t have been developed since they planned Beijing?

Maybe it's a similar reason to the Iron Legion rumor back in the day; and the technology needed for the system to work, isn't prime time?

Heck, it could probably just be something as simple as a photo op gyro on the pathway.

I'd argue though, if Hollywood would've gotten that Gyrosphere photo op; we'd have it already for the JW mini-land.

You'd think a social media account would want to avoid trolling its audience and customer base, but I guess not?
Purpose of social media marketing is to drive customer engagement which then improves brand awareness. The trolling, the vague questions, the sarcasm, gets people to respond and retweet. It’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to do.

Purpose of social media marketing is to drive customer engagement which then improves brand awareness. The trolling, the vague questions, the sarcasm, gets people to respond and retweet. It’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to do.
You’re missing an extremely crucial ingredient with this, though: positive perception. It’s one thing for Denny’s social media accounts to be self-aware or like, the Hamburger Helper Twitter account ragging on people. Folks find that quirky. But I don’t have to tell you that people obsess over comments from theme park accounts, so when they tweet stuff like this — stuff that seems plausible but isn’t confirmed (let alone realistic) and is just fishing for engagement — it creates a negative connotation that can be tough to shake.

Like, there’s “trolling” and there’s trolling. Unless there really is a gyrosphere ride in the works and they’re trying to generate buzz, this leans toward the latter, and it seems like not the best strategy to me, given the finicky nature of the audience. You’re increasing brand awareness, sure, but you really run the risk of annoying people and souring them on the brand by taking that approach. It’s not the same thing as Burger King posting an ironic meme. Their audience is stoners and single people, not people who get their hopes up and start message boards threads and will resent them if they feel mislead.

(And as a friendly FYI: you don’t need to explain social media marketing to me; I’m a senior director of marketing technology for one of the biggest media companies on the planet.:cheers:)

I'm thinking the same thing, but I also feel they would probably want to develop a whole new attraction with the gyrosphere, perhaps outdoors?
A jurassic world expansion is inevitable at this park. The demand for the IP at the park is strong just based on the high guest turnout for the Jurassic Park Ride closure, JW opening, and then JW opening with the full body indo.