Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
The world of Legendary Truth, an evolving story following a mysterious paranormal research group, has haunted guests via unique haunted houses throughout Halloween Horror Nights history. In Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth, guests will step into the well-worn shoes of the infamous Boris Shuster – the elusive private eye investigating the supernatural – as he endlessly searches for clues to a series of strange occurrences throughout New York City. Falling further into the shadowy, dark world of the paranormal, guests will face an overwhelming onslaught of ghouls, poltergeists and terrors, all while trying to solve the biggest mystery of them all – how they’ll survive…

Orlando does storytelling really well so with how this House sounds being a Detective Esc Mystery House I think the storytelling is gonna shine through.

It's one of my most anticipated purely on how unique the concept is. I think showing more of Boris to guests who haven't seen him is a great idea.

It's weird that the website has detail pages for every house except this one. I'm psyched for this house (18 was my first event, and spoiled me about all the (now less relevant) lore). Curious if this has any connection to 18 beyond Boris and LT, or if it's more a prequel.

Definitely #1 on my list and I wasn't even around for the original LT stuff. What a cool concept, what a cool way to revisit what exists of HHN lore. I'm not even too worried about this being in Shrek since Halloween 4 and Klowns showed that Shrek could be lengthy and do big scenes.

I have no words this sounds amazing and I really can see this being a future franchise like Scary Tales. I absolutely can not wait!

This is on the bottom of my hype list only because I need to know some more about it before I get too excited. I also don’t know much about LT nor Boris. But I’m still excited to see what this house offers!

This should be a fun concept to experience. I love old-style detective stories plus Legendary Truth has been an interesting concept I haven't seen too much in action since I started going. With it being "Case Files" you can definitely use it as a method of reoccurring monsters/storylines.

This should be a fun concept to experience. I love old-style detective stories plus Legendary Truth has been an interesting concept I haven't seen too much in action since I started going. With it being "Case Files" you can definitely use it as a method of reoccurring monsters/storylines.
Definitely expecting noir feel to the house

This sounds like a typical ghost house.

...but then again, we all said the same thing about Graveyard Games and look how that turned out. So I'm excited!

This sounds like a typical ghost house.
uor-hhn-case-files-legendary-truth-logo.jpg

Not getting "typical ghost house" vibes from this one.

The image screams Lovecraftian Noir.

I wonder if this ends up being another anniversary best-of house. A creature feature of HHN's past set in New York City. The first thing I thought of when I saw that bottom right sihoulette was the Wolfman or maybe a Yeti? Don't know why they'd be in NYC of course, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Okay I never noticed the sihoulettes, now that I have this is skyrocketing up to #5 or #6 on the anticipation list.

I wonder if this ends up being another anniversary best-of house. A creature feature of HHN's past set in New York City. The first thing I thought of when I saw that bottom right sihoulette was the Wolfman or maybe a Yeti? Don't know why they'd be in NYC of course, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
It is not a “best of.” I’ve been told all the cases feature original monsters.