Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

That's bland and less informative compared to "Bowser's Challenge" but I'll take anything over "The Ride".

I agree. I assumed we’d be getting Bowser’s Challenge. Hoping that’s still an option and this is just generic, in universe merch.

I swear if it’s called Nintendo™️‘s Mario Kart: The Ride - 4D

100% of Lower Lot rides have 'The Ride' in the title so it really wouldn't surprise me.

I really thought they might have dropped 'The Ride' and gone with 'River Adenture' for Jurassic World but looks like ride naming is one of the few things of the old USH they seem unable to let go.

That said, I don't think Nintendo would allow it.

Update: XL fit me more comfortably. 2X was more baggy than I'm comfortable with, so I think it's all a matter of YMMV. I do agree that you should try at least one size larger than your usual one with these shirts.

I also snagged a Mario bag and a Mario hat. I'm pretty content with my haul.

I could be wrong, but as I was making my purchase, I overheard a TM saying the shirts could run out by Friday.
I was reading a travel guidebook that I have on Disney Tokyo. They had a chapter on clothing sizes in Japan as compared to US. The guidebook said the size difference varies according to manufacturer,
ranging apx. 1 to 1 1/2 sizes., which makes it even more difficult with the 1/2 caveat included. So to be on the safe side two sizes might be best decision if you can't try something on.

Does anyone know if there is sufficient merchandise still? I showed my girlfriend the video and now she wants to go tomorrow lol don't want to make the trip and find nothing

Does anyone know if there is sufficient merchandise still? I showed my girlfriend the video and now she wants to go tomorrow lol don't want to make the trip and find nothing
T shirts were all in stock...the hats were low when i went but maybe they could stock more and half of the Kychains are gone. Only the bomb and chain Champ ones are left

Is the ride in Japan really that slow? I didn't wanna be spoiled on that, but with some of the jokes being about it, now I can't help but ask.

Is the ride in Japan really that slow? I didn't wanna be spoiled on that, but with some of the jokes being about it, now I can't help but ask.
Judge it for yourself:

;)

But no, it's not that bad, I think we were all expecting it to look faster than we have seen. Sometimes it feels a lot faster on a ride than it looks though so we will see.

For what it's worth I think it seems faster in person with the AR creating somewhat of an illusion of speed with all the characters zooming around. When I rode it I never consciously thought "wow this is slow", unless I took the goggles off.

It's seems to be pretty damn slow overall (from what I've seen and what some reviewers have said). For some, that's an issue but for a lot, it seems okay. Just don't go into this expecting high speed thrills. It's an interactive game at its core.

If the ride was physically faster on that building's track, it would be about 30 to 60 seconds long. I'm fine with the illusion of speed created by the AR, resulting in a ride that has a decent duration. Not
every attraction needs to be coaster speed like. Plenty of regional amusement parks with those kinds of rides.

Last edited:
If the ride was physically faster on that building's track, it would be about 30 to 60 seconds long. I'm fine with the illusion of speed created by the AR, resulting in a ride that has a decent duration. Not
every attraction needs to be coaster speed like.
Plenty of regional amusement parks with those kinds of rides.
Before we learned all of the info about the attraction, I thought it was going to be similar to the speed on Indiana Jones Adventure.