Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The NBA Experience

Well, can't say I'm surprised by this turn of events. As mentioned before, this was Dead on Arrival. Nobody showed up to the big grand opening ceremony, certainly not enough to utilize the overflow theaters to watch it...something which I'm still stunned they had. Seriously, the hubris was off the charts that day with those empty viewing theaters.

As for what to replace it, if it's anything arcade/VR or Escape Room related...that's gonna' be irony ahoy. But to be perfectly frank, that's what they should've done with Disney Quest a long time ago with updating anything and everything to the newer tech and experiences.

Or hey, why not make a indoor waterpark? I kid, I kid. Don't think there's nearly enough space for something like that. Though they might need a new waterpark in general since uhhh...has there been any news on the state of Typhoon Lagoon?

I think an indoor mini golf / retro arcade / bar would be a huge hit for families and for locals. Theme it to Star Wars / Marvel/ and you’d have a popular spot. NBA Experience always seemed like an odd fit for the area, I mean when i want to go shopping and eat dinner I don’t want to also play basketball.

On Twitter I saw someone suggest Meow Wolf.....that would be bananas

Seems more like Universal's vibe though (Looks at BMG theater)

I would love to see Disney take a stab at a Dave & Busters-esque concept..

DQ was not that..DQ was touted as an 'indoor theme park'..

I'm talking simpler design and smaller scale.

Or just another pizza place, whatevs

Open a Disney Museum, it's not that hard to do and it will print money. With the current state of the resort guests are graving the good old days.

On Twitter I saw someone suggest Meow Wolf.....that would be bananas

Ha, inject this idea straight into my veins. I'm going to the grand opening of Convergence Station in Denver.

That said, I am sure beyond the shadow of any doubt that the interests of Disney and Meow Wolf are 100% in opposition lol. Perhaps I'm unfairly stereotyping people, but I do not think the average Disney fan is going to "get" Meow Wolf's vision and aesthetic.

Ha, inject this idea straight into my veins. I'm going to the grand opening of Convergence Station in Denver.

That said, I am sure beyond the shadow of any doubt that the interests of Disney and Meow Wolf are 100% in opposition lol. Perhaps I'm unfairly stereotyping people, but I do not think the average Disney fan is going to "get" Meow Wolf's vision and aesthetic.
I could potentially see them doing something with Alice in Wonderland

But there's no way they would use the whole NBA plot