Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Bad argument.

Magic Kingdom is the busiest theme park in the world. Has been for well over a decade. Might as well never add anything ever.

It is BECAUSE they are at capacity that they need to add more. You want MORE people to come and make MORE money. Not to mention, the busier a place is, the less guest satisfaction.

They wanted the waterpark to be the best.

I do agree, but Covid has impacted all in the industry… so I am sure any potentially planned expansion for Volcano Bay is delayed.

I do hope they don’t leave it for too long, it definitely needs that expansion pad developed.

I do agree, but Covid has impacted all in the industry… so I am sure any potentially planned expansion for Volcano Bay is delayed.

I do hope they don’t leave it for too long, it definitely needs that expansion pad developed.
Well….with the way things are right now…no planned attractions for IOA or Studios in 2022 right? Get one going for Volcano Bay for 2022!

Just wondering where I can find updated weight limits on the rides at VB? I looked at the Universal website but some of them did not seem right based on the last time I was there. If I am 6ft 210 what would I not be allowed on currently?

Universal Orlando Resort Guest Services
Phone:1-407-363-8000
Email:guestservices@universalorlando.com

Also here: Universal Orlando
There's a volcano bay link and it details the ride requirements including any weight/height restrictions for each ride. I'm assuming this is up to date.
Thanks! I was not sure if the stuff on the website was up to date because I was turned away from one of the slides that I thought I was good for on my first trip (but that was 2017) so I wanted to make double sure.

Thanks! I was not sure if the stuff on the website was up to date because I was turned away from one of the slides that I thought I was good for on my first trip (but that was 2017) so I wanted to make double sure.
They played with weight limits a lot in the early days, I was unable to ride the 2 drop door slides the first time I went then allowed to the next time. I'm pretty sure now as long as you're under 250 lbs you can do any of the individual rides

It doesn’t look like the schedule for October is available yet. Anyone know the chances that Volcano Bay will be open on a Monday? Trying to schedule an upcoming trip along with meals and HHN but not knowing if this park will even be open is throwing a bit of a wrench into our plans.

It doesn’t look like the schedule for October is available yet. Anyone know the chances that Volcano Bay will be open on a Monday? Trying to schedule an upcoming trip along with meals and HHN but not knowing if this park will even be open is throwing a bit of a wrench into our plans.
The fact you can purchase a ticket for any day in October should mean that they plan on it being open. They are probably just undecided on the hours at this point.

The fact you can purchase a ticket for any day in October should mean that they plan on it being open. They are probably just undecided on the hours at this point.

Thanks that’s a big help. I thought it was odd I could purchase a ticket but not be guaranteed entry but your explanation makes sense.

I called and reserved a cabana(upper)for Saturday the 16th but also asked about pricing for Monday the 11th and they quoted both as the same price. I would assume with that they have every intention of being open and demand must be there as Monday or Saturday was the exact same price. The lady even said she had to check availability. I only went with Saturday for scheduling purposes rounding out my family’s 10 day vacay and since the prices were the same I chose Saturday, had hoped Monday would have been cheaper but nope so Saturday it is.

Edit: both dates are for October

Are they ever going have the park open at night? I stayed at Cabana Bay (Volcano Bay Towers) once and the park looks amazing at night. Especially the lazy river. It's a shame they don't stay open some nights. I would love to do the "TeAwa the fearless river" at night!

Are they ever going have the park open at night? I stayed at Cabana Bay (Volcano Bay Towers) once and the park looks amazing at night. Especially the lazy river. It's a shame they don't stay open some nights. I would love to do the "TeAwa the fearless river" at night!

I think once things return to normal and especially when EU opens, I think they're going to have to just to disperse crowds.

I wonder if they could do/test out a nighttime themed ticked event like Disney does but the water park. I would love to attend some nights and would pay a little extra for it. Bring in live music/projection mapping/shows on the volcano and other extras. Water parks at night are awesome. I used to work late nights at Wet N Wild (Hurricane Harbor) in Arlington, Texas and it was really fun riding the rides at night.

I think that dream died officially when those towers were built.

Too loud when it gets dark.

It's loud during the day! I remember trying to take a few naps but I couldn't because of how loud the music was. I'm wondering if its just because they have some speakers up there real close to the towers. It definitely sounds like one was right next to my window. If so, they could just take them down and leave them in the park or just not play that loud music altogether and keep a live band at the other end of the park.