Aventura Hotel | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What’s the situation with the elevators here? I’ve been reading negative reviews stating long waits for them. Just wondering if this is a recent post COVID occurrence or should I be concerned for an upcoming stay next month.

What’s the situation with the elevators here? I’ve been reading negative reviews stating long waits for them. Just wondering if this is a recent post COVID occurrence or should I be concerned for an upcoming stay next month.
I've never waited for an elevator there, this is an interesting development if true

Reactions: malice
I stayed there 2 weeks ago and didnt have a problem with the elevators. One night there were a few people waiting in the lobby for an elevator to come and I had to wait for a second one and then barely squeezed into it, but it was like peak evening where the pool was closing and everyone was trying to get back up to their room, but even then it wasn’t bad, just a slight delay.

I stayed there 2 weeks ago and didnt have a problem with the elevators. One night there were a few people waiting in the lobby for an elevator to come and I had to wait for a second one and then barely squeezed into it, but it was like peak evening where the pool was closing and everyone was trying to get back up to their room, but even then it wasn’t bad, just a slight delay.

That's good to hear, I have my first stay here booked on Sept 15-20.

Reactions: Clive
I loved my stay there, btw! I had a deluxe king on the 10th floor facing the parks and I loved my view, loved the room (though the AC was a bit loud on the high setting) and I will be back! It’s now my go-to hotel for when I don’t want to splurge on Hard Rock.
Universal's offerings for hotels at aggressive price points just can't be beat

A room high up in Aventura just feels like you're spending a lot less than you should haha

That's good to hear, I have my first stay here booked on Sept 15-20.

This guy did a good video of it, if you want to watch it. It has me rethinking staying here. I always figured my first Universal hotel would be Portofino or Royal Pacific to take advantage of UNI Express being included. However, the hotel looks really nice.

Reactions: Grabnar

This guy did a good video of it, if you want to watch it. It has me rethinking staying here. I always figured my first Universal hotel would be Portofino or Royal Pacific to take advantage of UNI Express being included. However, the hotel looks really nice.

They're all really nice and I don't think you would be disappointed with any of the hotels on property. For me, Aventura is good for a quick trip, but overall lacking compared to the others.

They're all really nice and I don't think you would be disappointed with any of the hotels on property. For me, Aventura is good for a quick trip, but overall lacking compared to the others.
I agree. It seems to lack the 'resort feel' of the other hotels. It has more of a business hotel feel, and a pretty small pool, unlike the other Universal resorts. But I do love the rooftop bar/restaurant.
And of course, Sapphire is just a few steps away with two restaurants that have good food, and you can use their water taxi.

Yeah it's very minimal and I didn't like using the Ipad to do everything in the room. I do like how close the elevators are to the food court though. I rather stay at Cabana Bay (better Weight Room, Lazy River, Walk to Volcano Bay, Food Court) but I generally stay here because It's cheaper than Sapphire Falls and I just love the boat ride back and forth to HHN.

I loved using the iPad and the YouTube/mobile casting to the TV. I don’t think any other Universal hotels has the Chromecast capabilities this hotel does. I agree it felt less “resort-like”, but for me it felt like I was at a luxury apartment building somewhere, so I still enjoyed it.

Reactions: Grabnar
I stayed shortly after opening for 10 nights and found the room layout caused me to walk and squeeze but many different layouts here depending on where you are in the hotel. I was out on a lobe at the end with a view of the freeway/IDrive area.
Bar 17 makes up for all with this place, wok is great for a quick bowl but the foodcourt/hotel is pretty sterile. The neighbors (lazy river, Strongwater) make it a can stay for me.

I’m not someone who would go to Volcano Bay, so does this hotel not make sense for me? Price isn’t awful, like at all, I figured I can use the water taxi for Sapphire if allowed, good views and bar at hotel, it seems kinda nice and lowkey? I wouldn’t mind a lowkey place to return to after a long day at the parks.

I’m not someone who would go to Volcano Bay, so does this hotel not make sense for me? Price isn’t awful, like at all, I figured I can use the water taxi for Sapphire if allowed, good views and bar at hotel, it seems kinda nice and lowkey? I wouldn’t mind a lowkey place to return to after a long day at the parks.
It's like a 3 min walk over to Sapphire for the water taxi, and the bus system at Universal is fairly reliable. I personally like Aventura overall; the main complaints I see are that it's not a "Theme Park Hotel" because it's almost anti-themed like someone took the Contemporary and tried to modernize It further.

Reactions: agentj and JoeCamel
It's like a 3 min walk over to Sapphire for the water taxi, and the bus system at Universal is fairly reliable. I personally like Aventura overall; the main complaints I see are that it's not a "Theme Park Hotel" because it's almost anti-themed like someone took the Contemporary and tried to modernize It further.
I don’t mind that for the price and convenience, also will help me relax from the parks a bit being in a more “real” environment potentially.

Reactions: SkiBum and Grabnar
I don’t mind that for the price and convenience, also will help me relax from the parks a bit being in a more “real” environment potentially.
I don't think you'll regret it for the price. I don't mind paying the uncharge compared to CBBR to be able to walk to Sapphire for the boats.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I don't know why I never realized you could walk to Sapphire and take the water taxi. Thought those are reserved only for those staying at that hotel.

I don't know why I never realized you could walk to Sapphire and take the water taxi. Thought those are reserved only for those staying at that hotel.
I've never seen them check when I was at Sapphire or RP. The only time I've seen water taxi checks is when I've stayed at Portofino and they would check your status going from City Walk to the Portofino hotel after 11:00PM.
I also use the Sapphire taxi when I'm at CBBR, and I take the 'forbidden' shortcut by crossing the street you're not supposed to cross. :lol: