Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Texas Chainsaw Massacre

There was a really wonderful finale scene in the previous house in which Sally literally ran across a short hallway and jumped out of the house (I assume onto some padding), followed by Leatherface. It was one of those “only at HHN” scenes that solidified my love for the event and the high quality of it, big “wow” moment. Is there any indication that they will recreate this gag in the new house?

There was a really wonderful finale scene in the previous house in which Sally literally ran across a short hallway and jumped out of the house (I assume onto some padding), followed by Leatherface. It was one of those “only at HHN” scenes that solidified my love for the event and the high quality of it, big “wow” moment. Is there any indication that they will recreate this gag in the new house?
I'm hoping for an even bigger/better version of that stunt. Would be spectacular with the new space they're being afforded.

For those that have gone: Confirmation that this house focuses solely/mainly on the first film?

Not solely; I would say watch the first two (second is goofy, fair warning) to get a feel for the vibe of the house. Think both are on Prime

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre house this year can be best described as a house that uses the aesthetic setting and tone of the original 1974 film, but does not follow the original 1974 film's story in any way. The creative team decided to basically make a "original house" featuring interesting scares effects and slight elements of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. It's interesting, because back in 2016, HHN Orlando focused on making a house purely on the original 1974 film, but HHN Hollywood decided to do a more "original house" featuring heavy references to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Now it's almost like that both coasts flip flopped ideas from 2016.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre house this year can be best described as a house that uses the aesthetic setting and tone of the original 1974 film, but does not follow the original 1974 film's story in any way. The creative team decided to basically make a "original house" featuring interesting scares effects and slight elements of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. It's interesting, because back in 2016, HHN Orlando focused on making a house purely on the original 1974 film, but HHN Hollywood decided to do a more "original house" featuring heavy references to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Now it's almost like that both coasts flip flopped ideas from 2016.
And as someone who went through Hollywood’s 2016 Blood Brothers Maze I would say Orlando does a much better job at the concept (And this is coming from someone who really loved Hollywood’s Maze!).

Heard about some choptop in the house
Choptop is in the house.
Not solely; I would say watch the first two (second is goofy, fair warning) to get a feel for the vibe of the house. Think both are on Prime
It's basically the bridge between the first and second films.

Thanks everyone! I imagine they don’t have the “out the window” scare due to the timeline/creative liberty they’ve taken, which is a shame, an I’m also aware that victims are in short supply this year, so I’m definitely going to temper my expectations (as those were two things I was most excited for/shocked by the first year).

Thanks everyone! I imagine they don’t have the “out the window” scare due to the timeline/creative liberty they’ve taken, which is a shame, an I’m also aware that victims are in short supply this year, so I’m definitely going to temper my expectations (as those were two things I was most excited for/shocked by the first year).

did it tonight, really amazing house if you like the movies. it borrows a bunch from the second one. a lot of nods. it kinda follows the first movie but it takes the first 20 minutes of the sequel
really strong house. loved it

Was going through this house early on in the event yesterday, and when I got to the hallway part where the Leatherface comes charging toward you and you are supposed to turn right, I somehow got disoriented and walked straight instead, right into the dark hallway. First thing I remember thinking was why it was so pitch dark, I couldn't see a thing, then out of nowhere I practically bump into a huge Leatherface. Without a doubt one of the scariest hhn moments for me!