Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Nightmare Fuel

I actually found the whole show on YouTube. While there’s a lot more bare midriffs than most shows, the dancing didn’t feel any more risqué than the choreography for older Bill and Ted opening numbers.

im still kinda surprised that uni can have this show.
How so? There is no nudity, and the innuendos aren't spoken about like in the Bill and Ted show.

To me the biggest shock is the continuance of filling up all available spaces instead of just letting people be comfortable.

How so? There is no nudity, and the innuendos aren't spoken about like in the Bill and Ted show.

To me the biggest shock is the continuance of filling up all available spaces instead of just letting people be comfortable.

i remember hearing how rocky horror always had a lot of walk outs and complaints lol. this show reminds me of rocky horror a little.

I actually found the whole show on YouTube. While there’s a lot more bare midriffs than most shows, the dancing didn’t feel any more risqué than the choreography for older Bill and Ted opening numbers.

There’s one part that involves the men on all fours and some dominating female maneuvers that raised my eyebrows. The leather doesn’t help either. But I don’t think it’s any worse than Rocky Horror.

There’s one part that involves the men on all fours and some dominating female maneuvers that raised my eyebrows. The leather doesn’t help either. But I don’t think it’s any worse than Rocky Horror.
I remember similar choreography in “Cherry Pie,” only roles were reversed.

I think people are forgetting just how blue Bill and Ted use to be.

I remember similar choreography in “Cherry Pie,” only roles were reversed.

I think people are forgetting just how blue Bill and Ted use to be.

I think this shows “sexiness” factor is overstated but when you compare it to AoV, the last variety show like concept, it’s noticeably more risqué. That’s where my warnings in my review came from.

i always wonder how does uni choose and decide to allow sexy dancing at bill and ted or this show or rocky horror? or if it never matter

Have to say I was a bit unimpressed with the show as a whole - it’s not that it’s bad, it just comes across as a low-end version of all of its components.

Other than the first trick in the moment, the illusions weren’t well executed. For example,

After the first one where the guy having the nightmare transforms into the female dancer, the person next to me blurted out “how did they do that?!?” when the guy is clearly still moving around in the lumpy half of a bed with an obvious compartment. Same at the end - I was in the middle of one of the side sections and could clearly see the guy climbing out of the bed as they tried to obscure it with a sheet.

Between this, B&T, and the other folks, this seemed to have the worst choreography of the bunch for dance numbers. Comparing to the other folks is probably unfair, but aside from the leash bit the show is no more risqué than any B&T number, they’re just wearing leather BDSM-ish outfits.

Since B&T we’ve now had three shows - one close to pure dance and two variety shows.
It’s going to be interesting to see how long 20-minute Cirque variety shows will keep getting decent ratings because year two of it already feels stale.

Have to say I was a bit unimpressed with the show as a whole - it’s not that it’s bad, it just comes across as a low-end version of all of its components.

Other than the first trick in the moment, the illusions weren’t well executed. For example,

After the first one where the guy having the nightmare transforms into the female dancer, the person next to me blurted out “how did they do that?!?” when the guy is clearly still moving around in the lumpy half of a bed with an obvious compartment. Same at the end - I was in the middle of one of the side sections and could clearly see the guy climbing out of the bed as they tried to obscure it with a sheet.

Between this, B&T, and the other folks, this seemed to have the worst choreography of the bunch for dance numbers. Comparing to the other folks is probably unfair, but aside from the leash bit the show is no more risqué than any B&T number, they’re just wearing leather BDSM-ish outfits.

Since B&T we’ve now had three shows - one close to pure dance and two variety shows.
It’s going to be interesting to see how long 20-minute Cirque variety shows will keep getting decent ratings because year two of it already feels stale.

I'm just glad we have it. your points are true and make sense, but it could have been much much worse lol. Brian Brushwood worse lol.
I understand your points, but after losing academy of villains. im really happy we have this. and I think I like this one much more than academy. some parts of academy weren't great like the soccer ball part.

I'm just glad we have it. your points are true and make sense, but it could have been much much worse lol. Brian Brushwood worse lol.
I understand your points, but after losing academy of villains. im really happy we have this. and I think I like this one much more than academy. some parts of academy weren't great like the soccer ball part.
The soccer ball thing is a good example of what I think is my core gripe with the variety show angle - while I can't do any of this stuff myself, they're pretty basic versions of whatever said trick is. I'm probably being overly harsh on what is a two-month production where half the crowd is plastered - comping it to Cirque/Spiegelworld shows is probably like someone going to Broadway shows twice a month and thinking that Belle isn't selling it when she thinks the Beast is dead at Hollywood Studios.

But you're right - I'm glad there's something there. Everyone has different tastes so its impossible to please everyone, especially now that they do one stage show per year; one thing that I think objectively stinks though is that they're shifted to performances that are four times per night as opposed to B&T running 6-7 times an evening. Seemed to be a more efficient people eater/provided a chance to see it with a smaller crowd.

The soccer ball thing is a good example of what I think is my core gripe with the variety show angle - while I can't do any of this stuff myself, they're pretty basic versions of whatever said trick is. I'm probably being overly harsh on what is a two-month production where half the crowd is plastered - comping it to Cirque/Spiegelworld shows is probably like someone going to Broadway shows twice a month and thinking that Belle isn't selling it when she thinks the Beast is dead at Hollywood Studios.

But you're right - I'm glad there's something there. Everyone has different tastes so its impossible to please everyone, especially now that they do one stage show per year; one thing that I think objectively stinks though is that they're shifted to performances that are four times per night as opposed to B&T running 6-7 times an evening. Seemed to be a more efficient people eater/provided a chance to see it with a smaller crowd.

the other part I never liked with academy was the painting on time. academy had good fast numbers but then it would get slow lol.

this show is kinda simple but I appreciate that it is very fast. no wasted time. I don't know if it will get repetitive but I'm glad it doesn't have slower parts.

I just have to disagree, B&T was some of the most basic dancing designed for the lowest common denominator.
While I can agree with that largely because the dance numbers weren’t the main part of B&T, my showing of Nightmare Fuel had one guy and one girl who were basically Left Sharking a good portion of segments. Who knows, maybe they were backups or late adds.

Could this be why they are not letting guests sit around the full perimeter of seats? That the folks with a sort of side view would be more able to see how the tricks are done than those directly in front?

Could this be why they are not letting guests sit around the full perimeter of seats? That the folks with a sort of side view would be more able to see how the tricks are done than those directly in front?

mmm...maybe that's why they squeeze everybody together too