Space 220 | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Space 220

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I dislike Prix Fixe dining, so while this place will probably look cool, I likely won't be eating here anytime soon (at least on my own accord).

The big fire menu looks WAY better than this one.
I am trying BigFire for the first time this October, so we will see.
'
Also, to me BigFire at least has the gimmick of cooking things on different types of wood

Space 220's gimmick, thus far, is just the restaurant itself.

I am trying BigFire for the first time this October, so we will see.
'
Also, to me BigFire at least has the gimmick of cooking things on different types of wood

Space 220's gimmick, thus far, is just the restaurant itself.
It has quickly become one of my faves at CityWalk....Just make sure you reserve ahead of time...like waaay ahead of time

Also, my intention with mentioning BigFire was that Space 220's price point is not appropriate for its offerings...

A cauliflower steak at BigFire is $18...here it's lumped into some $80 a head ploy...

However, Disney knows that people (passholders) come into Epcot just to eat and they're playing off of that.

This was announced (maybe by insiders as speculation) as prix fixe not too long ago. The speculation goes, and it makes sense to me, is that it is to limit people coming in just to buy a drink and "see the sights".

I would totally do that, and there goes a $400 table for Di$.

That's news to me too.

Completely disappointing and lackluster menu. With no bar I guess I won't eat here till someone really really wants to, or I'll watch the vids online.

While I'm not opposed to a Prix Fixe menu, the menu has to grab me for something like that, and all I see is...nothin'. It's a plain menu with a ton of items you can find anywhere and everywhere else. Unless this place can do those items better than most places, I have no interest in eating here. If I want to eat some good food in somewhere otherworldly, Docking Bay 7 and Satu'li Canteen will do just fine.

While I'm not opposed to a Prix Fixe menu, the menu has to grab me for something like that, and all I see is...nothin'. It's a plain menu with a ton of items you can find anywhere and everywhere else. Unless this place can do those items better than most places, I have no interest in eating here. If I want to eat some good food in somewhere otherworldly, Docking Bay 7 and Satu'li Canteen will do just fine.

I was talking to @AlexanderMBush and said if you showed me the photos of the food and said they were from a new menu at satuli I’d believe you.

Reactions: Clive and Tobias
Honey are you feeling ok? You've barely touched your Galactic Space Lobster Capsule.

Galactic-Lobster-Globe-16x9-2422159-1200x675.webp

Epcot now has two fancy multi-course restaurants (this and the Japan pavilion one).

I just don’t get it. You’ve paid so much to get into the gate at Epcot. You have limited time. You’re gonna spend all of your time at one of these fancy meals?

These multi-course meals make sense at CityWalk or Disney Springs where there’s no admission fee. But, who is this meant for? It seems like the tourists have better things to do. At the same time, it feels really expensive for locals, who aren’t known for spending big food/merch dollars.

Reactions: Clive and belloq87
Kids will find it cool and that’s what matters frankly. With all the other options in Epcot, I think that this is not meant to move the needle, but simply supply another option. Seems fine for families but Disney prices are just utterly absurd. They know I gotta fly and pay for hotels, right????

We took a nice long break from visiting Disney, we missed out on all this Prix Fixe stuff. I just do not get needing (we are a family of three) three appetizers as well as three deserts when our mix would more likely be one ap and two deserts.

Even considering that, shouldn't the main courses be of equal value? I just do not get chicken costing the same as a filet.

Preaching to the choir I am sure -- just sux for me as my wife really wants to eat here and I have no idea as to why, certainly not high on my list of places to try but I am sure the restaurant will do fine....just do not know when the heck they are going to build that elevator shaft to space that they show in the concept art!

Epcot now has two fancy multi-course restaurants (this and the Japan pavilion one).

I just don’t get it. You’ve paid so much to get into the gate at Epcot. You have limited time. You’re gonna spend all of your time at one of these fancy meals?

These multi-course meals make sense at CityWalk or Disney Springs where there’s no admission fee. But, who is this meant for? It seems like the tourists have better things to do. At the same time, it feels really expensive for locals, who aren’t known for spending big food/merch dollars.

Takumi Tei has a standard menu and a prefix. I had the chefs menu with alcohol, $250, and it was worth every penny. This don’t look worth the $80.

It’s an appetizer and an entree for lunch, and at dinner the third course is just dessert. Let’s not pretend this is some 5-course gourmet meal that’ll take two plus hours. It’s just a full service that requires the purchase of an app. I don’t think it would take any longer than any other regular full service.

Reactions: Legacy
I don’t understand why anyone would be surprised. They already have Be Our Guest and CRT at MK setup as prix fixe and have no issue filling those up. This is on the exact same level and will do just fine. I’ll be trying to get a reservation in November.

I don’t understand why anyone would be surprised. They already have Be Our Guest and CRT at MK setup as prix fixe and have no issue filling those up. This is on the exact same level and will do just fine. I’ll be trying to get a reservation in November.

For me it’s the just boring food options. The rumored international offerings are just not there. Not even a sushi option?

For me it’s the just boring food options. The rumored international offerings are just not there. Not even a sushi option?
I agree about the menu. Maybe they are starting off with a safer/basic lineup until the kitchen gets established?

I feel like Epcot is one of the few parks that can get away with such a setup

I'm sure there's a shocking amount of people (passholders specifically) that go in just to walk around and eat

To me it feels silly, especially right next to Disney most nauseating attraction.

Yea, the official Patina Group site did say international offerings when it was first announced.
They lost the head chef to the Wynn awhile ago and had to hire a second - granted, “international” probably would have just been Italian based on the original chef’s past and current menus.

I’m sure the experience is neat but with a menu that bland I’ll be good to just get on YouTube on opening day because some blogger will post a 4K low-light POV of the whole thing to be #first.