Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Space 220

They lost the head chef to the Wynn awhile ago and had to hire a second - granted, “international” probably would have just been Italian based on the original chef’s past and current menus.

I’m sure the experience is neat but with a menu that bland I’ll be good to just get on YouTube on opening day because some blogger will post a 4K low-light POV of the whole thing to be #first.
I believe they had media out yesterday. Already saw some photos.

I don't understand why they made it an elevator instead of a simple rocket to the restaurant. I get that suspension of disbelief is required at theme parks, but it seems like now they have to answer why you can't see the elevator shaft from outside.

I thought this was a joke at first. Apparently, there's also an X wing fly over too.

Rich people on space vacations. I can’t believe that’s actually the theme.

I liked the original concept art from 4 years ago with a realistic astronaut waving to the diners. It reminded me of the divers waving in Coral Reef. It felt like classic EPCOT Center. The idea that this is literally a restaurant for rich space tourists is… unsettling to me.

Rich people on space vacations. I can’t believe that’s actually the theme.

I liked the original concept art from 4 years ago with a realistic astronaut waving to the diners. It reminded me of the divers waving in Coral Reef. It felt like classic EPCOT Center. The idea that this is literally a restaurant for rich space tourists is… unsettling to me.

“You’re too poor to understand” is maybe not the unintentional theme Disney should be leaning into.

Also, I feel that the people in space suits playing outside is more of an Easter egg than meant to be theming. I don't think they're very big, so not intended to be noticed too easily?

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Imagine you had the once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to space...and the thing you decide to do is renact scenes from Star Wars.

If anything, these scenes accurately show that the ultra wealthy's understanding of the value of space travel is corporatized and lame.

I think we're over-analyzing a cheeky lightsaber joke

Now, if we want to talk about the ridiculous pricing structure then I am all in on that conversation
AND an X-Wing! It'd be one thing if it was just a one-off, but it's TWO references.

“You’re too poor to understand” is maybe not the unintentional theme Disney should be leaning into.
Imagine you had the once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to space...and the thing you decide to do is renact scenes from Star Wars.

If anything, these scenes accurately show that the ultra wealthy's understanding of the value of space travel is corporatized and lame.
I do want to add that I don't think there's anything inherently wrong about the idea of commercial space tourism as something that could happen one day.

I think the depiction of it here is extremely silly and (apparently) somewhat tone-deaf.

Just to be clear folks we’re talking about a CGI image on a TV screen in a theme park restaurant.