Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Was just quoted $138 for premium seating for next Thursday. That seems wild to me, especially when almost every hotel is still available. If they don’t sell out, is it cheaper on the actual day?

I asked around this weekend about the expansion pad plans, but there is literally nothing happening. It is completely dormant at the moment.

I asked around this weekend about the expansion pad plans, but there is literally nothing happening. It is completely dormant at the moment.
Super lame. The park is over 4 years old and hasn’t seen a single addition. They made it sound like they were going to plan and get moving on an expansion pretty quickly when the park first opened…and instead they’re pulling a Disney and just letting it sit for the longest time without anything new. (I still can’t believe in 25 years Blizzard Beach has seen NOTHING new added.)

come on Universal…add at least ONE new attraction To Volcano Bay!

Super lame. The park is over 4 years old and hasn’t seen a single addition. They made it sound like they were going to plan and get moving on an expansion pretty quickly when the park first opened…and instead they’re pulling a Disney and just letting it sit for the longest time without anything new. (I still can’t believe in 25 years Blizzard Beach has seen NOTHING new added.)

*waves arms about COVID*

Did we forget what 2020 entailed? (Let alone we're still not entirely out of it either) :doh:

It’s true, COVID royally bleeped the plans. I could maybe see them moving on it for a 2023/24 Summer opening, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they waited until after EU unfortunately. I’ll ask again in February when we’re back in Orlando.

I haven't been but when it was being built there was a lot of speculation about traffic noise. Did the plantings take care of most of that or is the ambient noise of the park/BGM enough to mask it?

Willing to bet that next summer when Universal returns back to normal attendance/operations they'll see the increased demand for Volcano Bay as a result of more on-site hotel rooms. That'll probably convince them to finally expand/greenlight.

I haven't been but when it was being built there was a lot of speculation about traffic noise. Did the plantings take care of most of that or is the ambient noise of the park/BGM enough to mask it?
Traffic noise hasn’t been an issue in my experience, more so the giant Keller Williams office sign across the street.

Did we forget what 2020 entailed? (Let alone we're still not entirely out of it either) :doh:
Oh I know…yet we still got Bourne…still got Velocicoaster…they’re back at it full speed ahead for Epic Universe…silence on the waterpark front…which also surprises me because water slides are SO much cheaper than any rides they build in the dry parks.

Oh I know…yet we still got Bourne…still got Velocicoaster…they’re back at it full speed ahead for Epic Universe…silence on the waterpark front…which also surprises me because water slides are SO much cheaper than any rides they build in the dry parks.

yes… all projects that were approved and in the construction phases….

Are we really doing this? Lol

I believe an expansion design was rushed through and even began permitting process, but they decided to hold off and go for something MUCH BETTER. Covid hit before new concept was ever finalized/approved, as far as I know.
It better be that multi-story, indoor, highly space efficient Madagascar miniland I've been dreaming about where you enter through a wrecked cargo ship to enter the jungle.