Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I figured this doesn't deserve it's own thread.

This is like somebody tried to recreate Volcano Bay in a computer game and just went way over the top.

Picture1.jpg

Obviously Universal now needs to put a volcano covered version of this on the VB expansion plot.

More honestly, I think it's really cool how some recent water parks in other parts of the world have added tons of slides and some water and coaster rides that we would traditionally associate with dry parks to create a full day or multiple day experience rather than water parks just being a 1/2 day or 3/4 day sideshow to a larger park as they generally are here in the US.

I think VB is always an ace up the sleeve if they need to use it.

Is there a future timeline thread here? Where we can make a guess about what's going to happen or what we'd like to happen?
I continue to believe that a VB expansion would make a lot of sense as a cheap and easy north campus project right before Epic Universe's opening that would also add some much needed water park capacity.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a future timeline thread, but the let's play being head of Universal Creative thread is about resort-wide blue sky timeline discussion and I imagine talk specifically about VB expansion could go in the Volcano Bay expansion thread.

Obviously Universal now needs to put a volcano covered version of this on the VB expansion plot.

More honestly, I think it's really cool how some recent water parks in other parts of the world have added tons of slides and some water and coaster rides that we would traditionally associate with dry parks to create a full day or multiple day experience rather than water parks just being a 1/2 day or 3/4 day sideshow to a larger park as they generally are here in the US.

I continue to believe that a VB expansion would make a lot of sense as a cheap and easy north campus project right before Epic Universe's opening that would also add some much needed water park capacity.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a future timeline thread, but the let's play being head of Universal Creative thread is about resort-wide blue sky timeline discussion and I imagine talk specifically about VB expansion could go in the Volcano Bay expansion thread.

It was really more about what's planned for every year.

2022: Escape Room
2023: Villian Con
2024: FF replacement/ VB Expansion / Something IOA
2025: Epic Universe

For example.

Love Volcano Bay ... as immersive and fun as anything in Orlando.

It is strange though that they haven't added even one new slide, for how many years it has been open.

Maybe could get its own food festival, ha.

Reactions: RFRees
Are these the slides from the top of the volcano? Don't remember an issue when I rode them.

All their budget for new slides is going to tweaking old ones, ha.

I'd love to know how they came to be built that way initially. Was Universal like "We want a splash pool" and ProSlide just went "huh, ok then" because it's Universal? Or did ProSlide get their sums wrong? Surely they'd be able to model the forces involved. For such a high profile project there seems to have been a lot of mistakes made.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Reef Plunge at Aquatica was also converted from a splash pool to runouts. Runouts are generally safer (if long enough) and it’s one less pool to maintain.

Don’t know where various places draw the line between shallow water and deep water lifeguards, but that’s another potential benefit.

What are the crowd levels like at VB in the evenings. I see there open till 8pm most of the month. Does it get quite at the end of the day. we normally go early but thinking of changing it up.

Reactions: Coasted
That is where the rumored night time show could help to keep the dinner crowd.
Also never understood why there aren't after hour parties there with a DJ, food and drinks, it's waisted potential.

Yeah waterparks at night are pretty awesome. I used to work at Wet N Wild (before it became Hurricane Harbor) in Arlighton TX and they stayed open late. They always had late private parties and even concerts there sometimes. It was so cool.

Reactions: therock and Ahmanet
Happy Anniversary Volcano Bay! As 5 years have passed, the landscaping around the park has grown, creating a lush environment - so we thought it would be a good idea to compare locations with photos taken in May 2017 to photos from a recent visit.

Happy Anniversary Volcano Bay! As 5 years have passed, the landscaping around the park has grown, creating a lush environment - so we thought it would be a good idea to compare locations with photos taken in May 2017 to photos from a recent visit.

That was excellent. It looks even more beautiful now.

Reactions: Coasted
I'm trained to call BS on anything I read exclusively on Inside the Magic especially when the source is an unverified comment on Reddit but someone claimed that a woman washed out her child's filled diaper at VB and that the section got shut down. Please tell me this is "crap," no pun intended! I like water parks and don't want to lose my enjoyment of them! That South Park episode WAS just a joke, right? :afraid:

Reactions: SeventyOne