Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: HHN Icons: Captured

So... supposedly Hollywood Eddie and Jack rehearsed something where they could both be in Icons and he would kill Jack and finishing out the very last set on the thrown as a transition into next year. Now that didn't happen of course. Probably in part because they want to keep Jack alive and if Eddie Kills him, that means according to the continuity, he's dead and they'd have to explain how he's alive when they inevitably bring him back.

Still thought it was interesting when I heard this because if it's to be believed, that means they're thinking of Eddie as an Icon for next year.

So... supposedly Hollywood Eddie and Jack rehearsed something where they could both be in Icons and he would kill Jack and finishing out the very last set on the thrown as a transition into next year. Now that didn't happen of course. Probably in part because they want to keep Jack alive and if Eddie Kills him, that means according to the continuity, he's dead and they'd have to explain how he's alive when they inevitably bring him back.

Still thought it was interesting when I heard this because if it's to be believed, that means they're pretty much dead set on Eddie as an Icon for next year.

I feel like that'd be better as a tease on Youtube or something than going into a house and seeing the main icon of the event killed off, but having Eddie finally have a chance to shine could be fun after the success of his scarezone.

Their relationship isn't supposed to be romantic. Everyone just assumes it is because of the Joker/Harley parallels.

In fairness, I seem to recall romantic envy/toxicity being a major part of their dynamic in the original 2007 Carnival of Carnage show. They've definitely moved away from the romantic element in all subsequent appearances, however, and it's safe to say they aren't presently exploring that idea anymore.

Haven't they been trying to do the "Eddie kills Jack" sketch since 2001? Do we know if this was just the mic'd Jack + Eddie performers trying to have some fun, or was it an authorized idea that fell apart? Either way, I don't have a lot of confidence that Eddie will be the icon next year.

Remember when the Usher performer wrote “See you next year” on the window of his set and everyone swore it was tease that Usher would be the icon next year?

They wouldn’t have made an icon decision yet. So they have nothing to tease.
Well the main difference there just from my opinion is that The Usher is played by a SA who just decided to have some fun on set. Eddie isn't in Icons, so that's why I thought it was a tad interesting. Obviously it didn't happen, so it's a bit nothing to see, but if there was actual discussion, that would've meant pulling a performer from Hacktion (probably the Eddie who was supposed to be on his break) to bring over to Icons. Again, it didn't happen, so really nothing to see at this moment, I just thought it to be interesting.

In fairness, I seem to recall romantic envy/toxicity being a major part of their dynamic in the original 2007 Carnival of Carnage show. They've definitely moved away from the romantic element in all subsequent appearances, however, and it's safe to say they aren't presently exploring that idea anymore.

Haven't they been trying to do the "Eddie kills Jack" sketch since 2001? Do we know if this was just the mic'd Jack + Eddie performers trying to have some fun, or was it an authorized idea that fell apart? Either way, I don't have a lot of confidence that Eddie will be the icon next year.
Yes. It was going to be the opening scareamony for 2001 IIRC. Also I remember there being rumors in 2015 that Carnage Returns was going to end exactly like this and it didn't happen, so who's to say this isn't any different (not saying I hope that, I really do want Eddie to finally get his time as an Icon, but... just sayin').

Both my runs had Jack on the throne at different times in the night (roughly 8PM and midnight).
Well, you had a 33% chance of seeing Jack, as he was on the throne four sets out of twelve.

To your point, Chance's scene in Icons has C +J with a heart on the padded walls written in blood!

Well, you had a 33% chance of seeing Jack, as he was on the throne four sets out of twelve.

To your point, Chance's scene in Icons has C +J with a heart on the padded walls written in blood!

There were also diamonds painted in blood, too. Think she was just painting the red-suited shapes.

I liked seeing Lady Luck and Fear, I know they aren't overall well received but I did genuinely enjoy seeing them and thought, for me, they helped keep the house fresh. I understand the idea of users wanting the Icons to retire but I still think freshness could be found in Lady Luck and Fear if Universal worked their stories right...like their imagery isn't played out so much like the rehashing of the footage from HHN 20 and past.

Interesting if they go with Eddie. Jack = 25 followed by Chance 26…Jack = 30 followed by Eddie 31. Idk though, we’re still spinning the wheels of the old icons without anything new being created since 2011.

Interesting if they go with Eddie. Jack = 25 followed by Chance 26…Jack = 30 followed by Eddie 31. Idk though, we’re still spinning the wheels of the old icons without anything new being created since 2011.
Well, we got Bone in 27, but marketing basically rebuffed it. The reason we haven't gotten any official icons since Chance imo is that Chance bombed as an icon. Had she been a hit with merchandising, etc, things may have been different with Bone in 27. Of course that was the first year of Stranger Things, so maybe not.

EDIT:
Narrator: "It was not the first year of Stranger Things"

Last edited:
Well, we got Bone in 27, but marketing basically rebuffed it. The reason we haven't gotten any official icons since Chance imo is that Chance bombed as an icon. Had she been a hit with merchandising, etc, things may have been different with Bone in 27. Of course that was the first year of Stranger Things, so maybe not.
Having a house that wasn't one of the worst the event has produced in the past decade would've helped Chance quite a bit.