Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: HHN Icons: Captured

OMG must mean they're dating
Not at all in just add to a wired “romantic” relationship. Dating or not they definitely have a “romantic” relationship.

I loved that aesthetic and wished they leaned more into that during the event. Oh well different strokes

When the man who did that and also had some say in the direction Jack goes says there’s nothing there, then there’s nothing there.

I really don’t get the fascination with shipping icons. They’re other worldly and eternal monsters, as far as I’m concerned they are no longer human or share human desires. Instead they stand for other concepts such as chaos or lore.
It’s fun. So why not let people do it? It’s not like Universal will hear and say “the fans want it, so let’s do it”. Plus they definitely do have romantic aspect to there relationship.

Maybe the relationship is between James and Erin more then Jack and Chance. But who cares, if it’s fun for people to ship them, let them.

it's just a very complicated friendship lol.
(this is one of the first image results if you search "Chance hhn gif" on Google lol)
just very complicated indeed lol

dEU61YH.gif
Almost as if they're psychopaths or something

Also, me to Eddie Smidt

Not at all in just add to a wired “romantic” relationship. Dating or not they definitely have a “romantic” relationship.
I seen them at Fudruckers after HHN once, def a date

It’s fun. So why not let people do it? It’s not like Universal will hear and say “the fans want it, so let’s do it”. Plus they definitely do have romantic aspect to there relationship.

Maybe the relationship is between James and Erin more then Jack and Chance. But who cares, if it’s fun for people to ship them, let them.

Normally I'd agree but we're entering a weird, parasocial relationship with large swaths of the fandom believing they have control or should have a say in the characters and event. The line is where one's head cannon becomes something they feel the need to exert upon the event, that they are bigger than the event. I've already seen lots of weird obsessive stuff pop up (nothing here) that goes counter to what the creators and actors want which is heading down a path towards pain. That's the issue I have.

Normally I'd agree but we're entering a weird, parasocial relationship with large swaths of the fandom believing they have control or should have a say in the characters and event. The line is where one's head cannon becomes something they feel the need to exert upon the event, that they are bigger than the event. I've already seen lots of weird obsessive stuff pop up (nothing here) that goes counter to what the creators and actors want which is heading down a path towards pain. That's the issue I have.
Some people look at Fear and think, "what a fun character design"

Some people look at Fear and think, "what if he railed the Usher"

And unfortunately only one of us can draw

I loved that aesthetic and wished they leaned more into that during the event. Oh well different strokes

When the man who did that and also had some say in the direction Jack goes says there’s nothing there, then there’s nothing there.

I really don’t get the fascination with shipping icons. They’re other worldly and eternal monsters, as far as I’m concerned they are no longer human or share human desires. Instead they stand for other concepts such as chaos or lore.
I just wish the design didn't cut Chance face. looked weird. I wish the shirt had her whole face even if it was a drawing.

Come on, y’all never got a little something from somebody you weren’t dating? :lol:
mmmmmm..........

VqPYpim.png

is not even that I wish they are a couple lol.
I don't day dream of Chance and Jack on dates lol. their friendship had a lot of hints and innuendo of being sort of romantic depending on what they were doing or saying over the years.
if universal and the actors say that they are only friends, they could have made it more clear lol.

Some people look at Fear and think, "what a fun character design"

Some people look at Fear and think, "what if he railed the Usher"

And unfortunately only one of us can draw

I know how they can fix this problem and fix the idea for the icon for hhn 31,
bring in Jack's wife :lol: create Jack's wife as the hhn icon lol.

I know how they can fix this problem and fix the idea for the icon for hhn 31,
bring in Jack's wife :lol: create Jack's wife as the hhn icon lol.
When the fanbase (i.e. the people that either work or know someone who works the event) find out the icons are one dimensional psychopaths that are an amalgamation of prior horror film villains, they're gonna be so mad.

Last edited:
When the fanbase (i.e. the people that either work or know someone who works the event) find out the icons are one dimensional psychopaths that are an amalgamation of prior horror film villains, they're gonna be so mad.

the Joker... I mean.. Jack, Jack deserves love too ! lol. we need a lady clown for hhn 31.

Almost like how Disney fans only go to Disney parks (or maybe Universal just for Potter). Hmmmmm
At least the Disney fan art isn't quite as......."frustrated".....

But you're right, the HHN "fanbase" and Disney fanbase are exactly the same

Anyone know if there's any footage out there with Chance, Lady Luck, Caretaker, or Storyteller on the throne? Would love to be able to see the endings I didn't get to at the event