Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

I believe the concern (or I assume) for the ride is the lack of space to extend the queue longer than its current extended queue. If the queue needed an hours worth of people, well they just do not fit into the 40 minute space. I feel Disney needs a method in place as they cannot handle an hour queue let alone a two or three hour one. I might be wrong and I am sure they could figure something out, but it is really tight back there -- heck, I was shocked that they are using the front portion of the event space (tent) as a merchandise store for Remy stuff....
Unfortunately, short queue areas seem to be a bit of a trend in some recent new Disney attractions.

Short queue areas or not, you could do a virtual queue a thousand different ways, and not all of them have to be where most reservations go poof within 2 seconds while many guests are still asleep.
Certainly no fan of the way VQ reservations have been handled, especially since they seem to favor the high tech wizards at the expense of the regular Joe theme park tourists that are the
people that spend the most with their families on vacation.

Short queue areas or not, you could do a virtual queue a thousand different ways, and not all of them have to be where most reservations go poof within 2 seconds while many guests are still asleep.
If they are going to do a VQ, they should give out less at once and then have hourly drops (or even random) from there until they've filled up the ride.

As inconvenient as it may be I would prefer it being like the old fastpass/tapu tapu system where you have to go to the attraction and scan in. The main reason I want that to be the system is that if you are meeting up with people you would be able to make sure everyone can get to ride at the same time. Now unless your tickets are linked you have no chance of riding with you friends or family.

As inconvenient as it may be I would prefer it being like the old fastpass/tapu tapu system where you have to go to the attraction and scan in. The main reason I want that to be the system is that if you are meeting up with people you would be able to make sure everyone can get to ride at the same time. Now unless your tickets are linked you have no chance of riding with you friends or family.
I would at the very least like them to go back to making you NEED to be in the park in order to get a reservation, rather than being able to do it from a hotel room or even an apartment or house if you live close by (I can make one from my bed). I know this is a bit annoying to have to be in the park, but by making people enter the park to make a reservation, it weeds out at the very least locals who could probably care less if they don't get on the ride on that day and possibly won't show up again for their return time.

I would at the very least like them to go back to making you NEED to be in the park in order to get a reservation, rather than being able to do it from a hotel room or even an apartment or house if you live close by (I can make one from my bed). I know this is a bit annoying to have to be in the park, but by making people enter the park to make a reservation, it weeds out at the very least locals who could probably care less if they don't get on the ride on that day and possibly won't show up again for their return time.
Of course, that is what Genie+ will be setup for since it’s similar to the way the DL FP system worked.

I don't like the concept of boarding groups but I could be okay with them if they went away after the first month or two. While recognizing that travel restrictions have impacted this, I think that Rise of the Resistance has shown the lie that boarding groups perpetuate. Limiting supply drives demand sky high and inflates the perceived popularity. I figure that this will be the same for Ratatouille. Genie+ will then make this worse, if it is anything like FP+, but it will also monetize the BG.

Boarding Groups, as they currently work, are hot garbage.

You can logic me all day on why this or how that, but it’s hot garbage.
So yeah, boarding groups can go rot. It's nothing more than a carrot to dangle in front of your face to get you to buy more tickets if you lose the lottery. So stupid. Lemme just hop in line like the good 'ol days. I hope and PRAY they don't pull this crap for Tron or Guardians....and you know they will and they will probably make you choose like with Rise and Spidey at DLR. Uggggghhhhh

This is basically where I am at, you can explain to me the reasoning and logistics around why virtual queue is good, and even better long term or overall for the guest experience. But as of right now and as of how they are being executed they are a huge and stressful headache and put me off even being able to be excited for upcoming Disney attractions knowing they will likely implement them for those. It was not fun waking up at 6am (because if I have to do something my brain will automatically stress me to wake up an hour before it) and waiting to reserve a boarding group and even then getting boarding group 77 for Rise. I then basically spent most of my park day managing around this boarding pass and return time and that wasn't really all that fun either but wasn't the biggest deal. And that was all for a ride that was at the very least for me arguably worth the hassle, can't feel motivation to do it for any ole new ride or experience and especially for a park where I may be left with less options of what to do as I wait.

I don't like the concept of boarding groups but I could be okay with them if they went away after the first month or two. While recognizing that travel restrictions have impacted this, I think that Rise of the Resistance has shown the lie that boarding groups perpetuate. Limiting supply drives demand sky high and inflates the perceived popularity. I figure that this will be the same for Ratatouille. Genie+ will then make this worse, if it is anything like FP+, but it will also monetize the BG.
There's this too, would be fine if it was just for opening and the following first few months or so, that's at least somewhat understandable (even if the implementation at the moment is meh), but after a point I definitely feel the system has an opposite effect of just artificially driving up demand and "wait times".

issue with needing to be in the park at the house of mouse is that you cannot hop until 2 PM. If a family has a 4 day ticket, they can book EpCot, if they do not get remy at 7 AM, they can change (of coarse when there are other parks). I think Disney did this to themselves---but a guest visiting to ride something like RotR when it had BG's -- well it was real important to give the 4 day visitor 4 chances at the AM drop before they committed to be in the park for the PM drop.

Its starting to seem like the various theme park mgt. execs, are falling in love with the high tech toys (smartphone apps., lines, VQ , food ordering etc.) at the expense of letting guests have a relatively stress free,
leisurely, spontaneous vacation. Maybe 'they' like staring at their smartphone screens 24 hours a day, but people on vacation just might not want to have to do that to enjoy their very expensive
theme park vacations. 'Let the people be free from the tech masters'. :) '

Its starting to seem like the various theme park mgt. execs, are falling in love with the high tech toys (smartphone apps., lines, VQ , food ordering etc.) at the expense of letting guests have a relatively stress free,
leisurely, spontaneous vacation. Maybe 'they' like staring at their smartphone screens 24 hours a day, but people on vacation just might not want to have to do that to enjoy their very expensive
theme park vacations. 'Let the people be free from the tech masters'. :) '

Again, you're forgetting that they are so much smarter than us and thus need to tell us what we enjoy instead of letting us figure it out.

Again, you're forgetting that they are so much smarter than us and thus need to tell us what we enjoy instead of letting us figure it out.
Good point. They're so enamored with their tech toys that they grew up with, they probably sincerely believe everyone is like they are....face in a phone all the time and no life.......
.......................................................................................................................
.........................................................................."Let the people's vacations be free from the Evil tech masters"

Last edited:
Had the chance to check this out today.

The new expansion area/courtyard is beautiful, especially at night. And I think the ride itself is a fun -- if very slight -- addition to the park. It's the sort of ride that should pull a 30-minutes-or-less wait, but it won't because of the nature of things. For the hoops that need to be currently jumped through to get on the thing, I don't quite think it's worth it. Hopefully it becomes a conventional standby sooner than later.

Had the chance to check this out today.

The new expansion area/courtyard is beautiful, especially at night. And I think the ride itself is a fun -- if very slight -- addition to the park. It's the sort of ride that should pull a 30-minutes-or-less wait, but it won't because of the nature of things. For the hoops that need to be currently jumped through to get on the thing, I don't quite think it's worth it. Hopefully it becomes a conventional standby sooner than later.
I’m like the ride’s biggest fan, and even I don’t think it’s worth the trouble they’re currently employing.

Agree though, they really created a beautiful expansion back there.

I can't really get excited for it.

4 years after the announcement, the hype kind of runs out plus I've already been on it in Paris.
Yes Disney does have long drawn out timetables, but it's still exciting nonetheless

And I only go to Asia because I like spending twice as much on travel

The ride is cute, and I hate how nobody is excited that Epcot got a new ride

It's the first new ride since, what, 2003?

I think there's a couple factors contributing to the lack of excitement for the ride. It's a clone of a ride that opened around 6 years ago which didn't really make a splash when it opened in Paris, and it was regarded as one of the weaker trackless darkrides Disney has done at the time. (Compared to Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Mystic Manor.). It wouldn't be surprising if a lack of excitement is due to that.

But the real nasty kicker? Boarding Groups. Any excitement for this ride is just sucked away because people are flat-out tired of that system and don't wanna' deal with it.