Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

Maybe I just can't parse everything I'm looking at... but it doesn't seem as though they're maximizing the space that the giant showbuilding affords them,
I've never quite understood why that building needed to be so tall. The only good reason would be if there was a drop of any legitimate size, which I don't believe there is.

I've never quite understood why that building needed to be so tall. The only good reason would be if there was a drop of any legitimate size, which I don't believe there is.
WDWNT just posted elevations and other interior views of the building. Space looks to be well used in these drawings.

Am I not judging properly, or does this ride not look THAT long actually? Especially giving the building size? I may be ignorant to size comparisons but I don’t see a ton here....

My one is missing half the track. I've now gotta go back in and try and work out the rest of the layout....the lift hill into the helix is confirmed from these drawings. I am not convinced there's enough energy without a third elevation change to get back to the station...but the heights are significant 27metres at least so the building makes sense to me

My one is missing half the track. I've now gotta go back in and try and work out the rest of the layout....the lift hill into the helix is confirmed from these drawings. I am not convinced there's enough energy without a third elevation change to get back to the station...but the heights are significant 27metres at least so the building makes sense to me
Okay that makes more sense then.

I wonder if the lift hill is launched?

I had to make my two lift hills on the render launched cos of the app, but i set both to lowest speed 20mph , but they dont need to be as theyre both going into gravity drops, but equally loud chain lifts seem obnoxious, so not sure

There's no way it isn't IMO. It would be super weird to go into a lift hill half way into a launch coaster, and there's nothing after the lift hill that would be impossible with a launch.
its not half way, its at the start after load, then about 80% into the ride

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting post on themeparx this morning

It's amusing seeing folks elsewhere trying to do a "Gotcha!" kind of post that the leak is due to Disney outscourcing work, even though Disney has always outscourced work from the very beginning...let alone for every single one of their coasters to this day.

Am I not judging properly, or does this ride not look THAT long actually? Especially giving the building size? I may be ignorant to size comparisons but I don’t see a ton here....

To be fair, a lot of indoor coasters don't look like much. But it's a whole 'nother story with the building lights out and the show lights on.

its not half way, its at the start after load, then about 80% into the ride
The first lift hill makes sense, but the one that takes place during the actual coaster portion doesn't. It would kill the pacing. I'm thinking it's more of a booster wheel launch (AKA not too fast, just enough to get you up the hill without bringing the entire ride to a halt).

The first lift hill makes sense, but the one that takes place during the actual coaster portion doesn't. It would kill the pacing. I'm thinking it's more of a booster wheel launch (AKA not too fast, just enough to get you up the hill without bringing the entire ride to a halt).

It actually makes much more sense when you ride through on the model, because by that point the train is running out of energy and slightly slower and theres a possible screen (where those stray green panels are) before you turn into the hill. that being said like i said i have the LSM on my model set to 20mph cos i couldnt do the chain, so who knows. a Cable lift would be good. BTW theres no indication of LSMs on the photo of the lift hill

sB3NyhjP.jpg small.jpeg

1636549537652.png

Code name Sausalito is so brilliant, I just can't even this morning. :lol:
Aged way better than Delos no doubt.

For those who don't follow:

shopping
71tG2jcKfIS._SL1500_.jpg
91hiZrh7+iL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Yeah, I worked on a small blue sky proposal for an interactive element for Delos and STILL don't exactly know what the code name connection was, haha
Delos is the location of Westworld.

At the beginning of the project, the intended reference was to the 70’s movie Westworld about adults visiting an interactive theme park where robots malfunction and run amok. But mid-project HBO decided to create a series called Westworld - also set in Delos - where the robots would more or less let the adult visitors live out all of their illicit fantasies.

So basically it went from obscure reference to that’s kinda ****** up thanks to HBO.

I had to make my two lift hills on the render launched cos of the app, but i set both to lowest speed 20mph , but they don't need to be as they're both going into gravity drops, but equally loud chain lifts seem obnoxious, so not sure
Maybe a pinch wheel system?

I guess they forgot it was a launch coaster half way through designing it

Maybe a pinch wheel system?

I guess they forgot it was a launch coaster half way through designing it

im now erring on the side of a mini-boost in the tunnel we see on the photo and then another on the hill but not super fast . it works really well.....

Main launch speed I cant really get lower than 50mph.....but thats 0-50 in 6 secs......as opposed to 0-57 in 2.8 like aerosmith.

I might have a new POV to share later on in the week, so people can visualise how it flows

The track is just so. Darn. Long! Updated now based on the new plans.

I need to see it with controlled rotating.

Last edited: