Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

Count me in on being relieved that boarding groups are gone. Having gone through that process at WDW last year, I'd prefer it if it's never implemented again, and I was one who got a boarding group!

An low and behold, lines are manageable for the ride! I've only been on it once, and I'd like to get back on it a couple times to really take it in.

Like I’ve said in the DHS thread: the relatively manageable wait times show just how much of a sham the boarding group system really was. Thankfully I had success 90% of the time I’ve done it, but even if you are lucky enough to get one and enjoy the rest of your day, it causes so much stress trying to get one. To me it isn’t worth it.

I just hope and pray they don’t pull that boarding pass nonsense for Runway Railway.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't/don't like the boarding groups at all, but in the beginning, I did see them as a bit of a necessary evil. I can't imagine how long the lines would've been without it. I seem to recall that when Star Tours first opened, the line was literally 8 hours long and stretched multiple times up and down Main Street... and that was before they had the massive AP numbers like they do now.

Like I said, I didn't like it. It was super stressful and unfair. But at the same time, at least you didn't waste your time. Either you got on relatively quickly, or you knew it wasn't going to happen, so you could plan your day otherwise.

The lines are probably more reasonable now, in part, surely due to the fact so many have already been on it before. I do think it's interesting and helpful the line goes down in the evening. But it'll also be interesting to see how this line works once Lightening Lane takes effect. I wouldn't be counting on short standby lines then.

Last edited:
Based on how Genie negatively affected the WDW wait times, it’s going to be really sad when that system gets implemented here. Many popular rides over there are consistently 120min+ whereas before genie, they were less than an hour. Upon writing this, Rise at DHS is 240min at 3pm!

Based on how Genie negatively affected the WDW wait times, it’s going to be really sad when that system gets implemented here. Many popular rides over there are consistently 120min+ whereas before genie, they were less than an hour. Upon writing this, Rise at DHS is 240min at 3pm!

While I am on board with the death to about any kind of FastPass bandwagon, using today for any kind of example is somewhat disingenuous. Today is a Holiday week. An off school day for most kids in a week where they likely got 3 days off, so its a natural vacation week. It's a "10" day on the crowd calendars, and all of the parks have been sold out of reservations for today for a while. This is about as busy of a day that the park will see. Rise would probably have a huge wait no matter what.

I'd say it's a wait and see situation for how it'll affect DL, simply because DL in general has done better with ops than WDW *knock on wood*. Something that also helps immensely is DL & DCA have more rides than any of the secondary parks at WDW, making it easier to spread the crowd out when they're not gunning for the main draw attractions.

I'd say it's a wait and see situation for how it'll affect DL, simply because DL in general has done better with ops than WDW *knock on wood*. Something that also helps immensely is DL & DCA have more rides than any of the secondary parks at WDW, making it easier to spread the crowd out when they're not gunning for the main draw attractions.
True, the amount of rides we have and better ops will help. Still dreading the day it's added and our fast and beautiful standby lines will be unbearable once again.

Going on Monday with a fairly large group. Apparently the best course of action is going to do Rise later in the day, correct? Haven’t paid too much attention to the wait times. Should I convince these people that have yet to have gone on that they should wait until later in the day?

I saw one report from a couple of days ago that said it was still 180 minutes at 6:30pm. Then a different report (yesterday) that said a 180 minute posted time was actually 70 minutes.

It's a mixed bag, but I'd suggest waiting until the evening. It may not be that be that much shorter, but it won't be any longer. And maybe you'll luck out and it will be shorter. But IMO, there seems to be no real advantage being there first thing in the morning.

I will freely admit all my observations are solely based on people I trust on twitter. I haven't been in the park myself since the change, but I do plan on going in about a month, so I'm keeping an eye on things... trying to be ready for anything.

Also, the wait times for RoTR have been incredibly inflated at WDW, don't know if thats true at DL. I've gone on with 3 hour posted wait times and been inside pre-show one in 50 minutes.

In my observations, WDW tends to be a larger culprit of wait times exaggeration than Disneyland is. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Disneyland is exaggerating wait times for RotR a bit to dissuade people from joining the line.

Also, the wait times for RoTR have been incredibly inflated at WDW, don't know if thats true at DL. I've gone on with 3 hour posted wait times and been inside pre-show one in 50 minutes.
In my observations, WDW tends to be a larger culprit of wait times exaggeration than Disneyland is. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Disneyland is exaggerating wait times for RotR a bit to dissuade people from joining the line.
Yup, that sounds about right. When I went on it at DHS around late September, I hopped in the line around 11 AM and the wait was posted over two hours. Got in and only waited 45 min. Disney has always inflated wait times but I think they especially will do that for Rise.

Well, I’m gonna try to convince my party to hop into line later in the day but they’re probably gonna want to see fireworks as they’re not exactly theme park fanatics so that’s going to be fun to convince them.

I’ll never understand the desire to wait three hours for an attraction. I’d much rather know I’m not riding a ride because I didn’t obtain a boarding pass versus a 3 hour wait or anpotential break down.

Been preparing for my trip to the park this week and noticed wait times posted have been 3 hours all day long. Read a report of people rope dropping to be first in line, only for the ride to be having technical difficulties until 10:30 AM.

My preference towards the boarding pass is it allows you to experience the rest of the park knowing you have a place in line and knowing the ride is operational. Now it seems like a gamble to either get to the front gate at 6:30 AM to rope drop OR wait until evening.

My partner really wants to ride this again, so I’m stuck either way, but I would kill to just pay the $15 for a LL instead of blow my morning in a stand by line. By 10:30 AM, I could have all of Fantasyland, Pirates, HM, and Indy done.

I’ll never understand the desire to wait three hours for an attraction. I’d much rather know I’m not riding a ride because I didn’t obtain a boarding pass versus a 3 hour wait or anpotential break down.

Been preparing for my trip to the park this week and noticed wait times posted have been 3 hours all day long. Read a report of people rope dropping to be first in line, only for the ride to be having technical difficulties until 10:30 AM.

My preference towards the boarding pass is it allows you to experience the rest of the park knowing you have a place in line and knowing the ride is operational. Now it seems like a gamble to either get to the front gate at 6:30 AM to rope drop OR wait until evening.

My partner really wants to ride this again, so I’m stuck either way, but I would kill to just pay the $15 for a LL instead of blow my morning in a stand by line. By 10:30 AM, I could have all of Fantasyland, Pirates, HM, and Indy done.
You just ride it later in the day when the rush is over. Just yesterday I arrived at the park around 4pm and was able to ride rise 3 TIMES with the longest actual wait being 50min and the shortest 25. The posted wait times were exaggerated at 80-100min.
This is one of those rides where you have to look at the queue and gauge how long it is as they inflate it to prevent the line from spilling out.

You just ride it later in the day when the rush is over. Just yesterday I arrived at the park around 4pm and was able to ride rise 3 TIMES with the longest actual wait being 50min and the shortest 25. The posted wait times were exaggerated at 80-100min.
This is one of those rides where you have to look at the queue and gauge how long it is as they inflate it to prevent the line from spilling out.
Okay this is making more sense to me now. Going on Saturday so I’m just anticipating crowds.

Where would you say the line will be if it’s less than an hour?

Okay this is making more sense to me now. Going on Saturday so I’m just anticipating crowds.

Where would you say the line will be if it’s less than an hour?
From the entrance turret to the first Rey pre-show with most of the normal outdoor queue filled, usually takes me about 25-50min to go through. This is on par for when they were using VQ. Past that, with the tape-on-the-ground switchbacks, I’m not sure yet. The line never went past the turret at the time I went. Need more visits to further this research.:grin:

I've also heard from a few sources that they are closing the queue early at 8pm (even if the park is open later), so I'd get there before then just to be safe. Or at least ask/confirm at the gate when the line will close.

There also seems to be a small bump in the lines when the parks can switch at 1pm. So IMO, it'd be best to do either around noon, or between 6-8 (or later if it's open).

So I did the "wait until later in the day" method for Rise yesterday. It went well!

When I entered the park just a little after 8, the line was posted at two hours. I advised my group to wait until after lunch, and sure enough, the line died down to 90 min by then. We used that time at the beginning of the day to go on Space and Indy. Space had a 20 min wait while Indy was 30. It died down, but it was only more like 30 min! That is, until the ride broke when we were literally one room away from the first preshow room. When the breakdown happened, we ended up waiting 90 min after all. LOL But once again, had it not been for the break down, the wait time was way overblown in my experience. I think Disney is intentionally doing this to scare away people from the line getting "too long". It was my group's first time doing this and it was worth it seeing their amazed expressions on their first experience.

I said it a few times before and I will say it again: are you ready kids? *ahem* The boarding pass process is a sham. Thank God we're done with boarding groups (At least outside of the holiday season). It made the day FAR more enjoyable knowing we could just hop into line and it would move quick.

Oh, and I can confirm the ride closes at 8 despite the park closing at midnight. So plan accordingly.

Rope dropped Rise yesterday - glad I didn’t wait because the ride was listed as down from 4:30 PM onward each time I checked.

Got to the Harbor entrance at 6:35 AM. Got let through security at 7:15 AM. DL gates opened around 7:40 AM. Held in front of Frontierland (with a great view of the castle with no one around!) until 8:00 AM. Walked right on and had a flawless ride through!

We were able to do Rise > Haunted Mansion Holiday > Indy > Jungle Cruise > Pirates > Big Thunder all by 10:30 AM.

Rope dropped Rise yesterday - glad I didn’t wait because the ride was listed as down from 4:30 PM onward each time I checked.

Got to the Harbor entrance at 6:35 AM. Got let through security at 7:15 AM. DL gates opened around 7:40 AM. Held in front of Frontierland (with a great view of the castle with no one around!) until 8:00 AM. Walked right on and had a flawless ride through!

We were able to do Rise > Haunted Mansion Holiday > Indy > Jungle Cruise > Pirates > Big Thunder all by 10:30 AM.
Nice! Waiting later is the better option but then you run the risk of an extended breakdown as you mentioned.