Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's no time for swimming, or anything that isn't rigidly planned into your itinerary.

There's barely 20 minutes to get back to your room to change or freshen up before your "formal" dinner with the captain.

This is a very concisely planned out two-day larping adventure, not a leisurely stay at a resort. All families are assigned specific times to do each activity, and when they go down to Batuu, and even "surprise story moments" are scheduled to the minute.
This is another Stanford prison experiment scenario just waiting to happen.

There's no time for swimming, or anything that isn't rigidly planned into your itinerary.

There's barely 20 minutes to get back to your room to change or freshen up before your "formal" dinner with the captain.

This is a very concisely planned out two-day larping adventure, not a leisurely stay at a resort. All families are assigned specific times to do each activity, and when they go down to Batuu, and even "surprise story moments" are scheduled to the minute.

I guess if you really don't want to participate in the activities with your family, you can escape back down to the surface using a shuttle (elevator) and get in your car to head to a local bar. Or just sulk in your room while your family fights Tie Fighters without you?
I have to ask, then, If this is such a detailed LARP, then when they visit Batuu they are basically there by themselves? It would kill the immersion to see regular folks in Galaxy’s Edge and have to wait in line with them with all your gear on. Just wondering when/how this is happening if it’s during park hours or outside of them?

I have to ask, then, If this is such a detailed LARP, then when they visit Batuu they are basically there by themselves? It would kill the immersion to see regular folks in Galaxy’s Edge and have to wait in line with them with all your gear on. Just wondering when/how this is happening if it’s during park hours or outside of them?

idk about the times, but all those people with the mickey ears are the local population of batuu. lol

Reactions: Alicia
Since the Batuu excursion includes a voucher for free lunch at Docking Bay, gonna assume it’s during regular business hours. Although there’s special story elements in the land or at the rides only hotel guests get to access.

Just watched this promotional piece of media for the first time a few moment ago. What a video...

I have a lot of thoughts, but one thing I keep seeing online is this question: Does the place look to clean for a ship not owned by the Empire?

Just watched this promotional piece of media for the first time a few moment ago. What a video...

I have a lot of thoughts, but one thing I keep seeing online is this question: Does the place look to clean for a ship not owned by the Empire?

Seems like they took luxury to mean generic clean spaceship.

It's not like Star Wars hasn't portrayed upper-class interior spaces before. The prequels (and Canto Bight to a lesser extent) showed us what luxury looks like in this universe:

1638517234214.jpeg

1638517375569.png

The bigger problem is the cruiser's slavish devotion towards original trilogy aesthetics. The production design of those films served to tell the audience something about the relative status of the rebels and the empire in the world. But now, Star Wars aesthetics have become valuable in and of themselves, divorced from their original context. As a result, you get a luxury ship that must ape the sterile utilitarian aesthetics of the Empire, because it's the only choice that makes sense within the designer's self-imposed limitations. Whether you think the Starcruiser looks good or not, it's clear from artwork and video that the goal was replication rather than developing an aesthetic unique to the in-world truth of the environment.

Um, I thought this was supposed to be a Star Wars hotel, not a Fifth Element resort.

Seriously, had it not been for the light sabers or the light speed on the transport to get there, you would’ve had no idea this was supposed to be a Star Wars hotel. It feels like a resort that wants to be a Star Wars hotel but they couldn’t get the rights to it and had to get as close as possible to the source material to tip toe around lawsuits.

You want me to spend $6000 for two nights but you couldn’t even get Darth Vader in there? Or even try to make it resemble the original Star Wars we know and love? Before I wasn’t interested but now I’m just insulted. The cringe trailer and god-awful singing just sealed it for me.

Um, I thought this was supposed to be a Star Wars hotel, not a Fifth Element resort.

Seriously, had it not been for the light sabers or the light speed on the transport to get there, you would’ve had no idea this was supposed to be a Star Wars hotel. It feels like a resort that wants to be a Star Wars hotel but they couldn’t get the rights to it and had to get as close as possible to the source material to tip toe around lawsuits.

You want me to spend $6000 for two nights but you couldn’t even get Darth Vader in there? Or even try to make it resemble the original Star Wars we know and love? Before I wasn’t interested but now I’m just insulted. The cringe trailer and god-awful singing just sealed it for me.

Based off Galaxy's Edge, you actually thought there would be elements of the original trilogy?

Galaaxy's Edge really does seem to be the exact opposite of Diagon Alley.

Did they, um, take down that video!?
It would be the best decision they've made yet regarding the hotel. Honestly, who's idea was it to cast that kid from The Goldbergs and have him overact to such a cringy extent? Add on that the $5K price tag already pissed people off, the fact that it literally looks more like Star Trek than Star wars is hilarious (and telling) in how bad Disney understands Star Wars.

Based off Galaxy's Edge, you actually thought there would be elements of the original trilogy?

Galaaxy's Edge really does seem to be the exact opposite of Diagon Alley.
Yes. Lol

I was stupid enough to think that Disney would’ve learned from the feedback from GE and the sequel trilogy, but I guess they love losing money.