Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This isn't the first time rich people overspent on tacky things of little value, so I think Disney will be fine.

The Mouse greenlit a Four Seasons because too many whales were staying at the Ritz/JW instead of the Grand.

The idea that wealthy Disney fans are somehow less discerning than every other tourist market on the planet is one of those internet myths common on theme park discussion boards. As someone who has had a limited peek into that market, this experience is everything the 1% tourists Orlando manages to attract do NOT want. A two-day commitment in substandard accommodations.

The Mouse greenlit a Four Seasons because too many whales were staying at the Ritz/JW instead of the Grand.

The idea that wealthy Disney fans are somehow less discerning than every other tourist market on the planet is one of those internet myths common on theme park discussion boards. As someone who has had a limited peek into that market, this experience is everything the 1% tourists Orlando manages to attract do NOT want. A two-day commitment in substandard accommodations.
--

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
I amazed they don't have anyone objective enough to step back look at what they are revealing.
Is everyone afraid to tell the emperor he has no clothing on his person?
They have had a couple of projects that got to a very advanced point when they pulled back to regroup, why isn't it part of the process to evaluate and change as you go.

I amazed they don't have anyone objective enough to step back look at what they are revealing.
Is everyone afraid to tell the emperor he has no clothing on his person?
They have had a couple of projects that got to a very advanced point when they pulled back to regroup, why isn't it part of the process to evaluate and change as you go.
This whole thing reeks of the a project where the executives are so sold on the concept they can’t see what’s actually getting executed. A Star Wars cruise, on paper, can’t miss. More than that, it’s a gold mine. I think no one with the proper leverage/influence was able to effectively break the dollar-colored glasses to explain how badly they’re messing this up.

This is insane.

This is the thing I just can’t get my head around. Who is this aimed at?

It doesn't appeal to the 1% because it lacks the luxury and amenities of that price tag and it doesn’t appeal to the hardcore Star Wars fans because it doesn’t feel like Star Wars.

This whole thing reeks of the a project where the executives are so sold on the concept they can’t see what’s actually getting executed. A Star Wars cruise, on paper, can’t miss. More than that, it’s a gold mine. I think no one with the proper leverage/influence was able to effectively break the dollar-colored glasses to explain how badly they’re messing this up.

This is insane.
The crazy thing is Disney actually does Star Wars sailings on the DCL, which is very popular.

Of course I think that’s where it all wrong. Supposedly, the people in charge of this project are from the Cruise Line… which none of them are known for having large accommodations. The rooms on this ship for example look like the basic design of a standard DCL cabin, which is certainly not where the 1% stay. They’ll pay extra to have a suite.

I thought the other day after I smoked saw the singing that the ad simply wasn’t real.....

I see it is. Yikes, as others have said, who is this for? Kids I’m sure will get a lot out of it but the parents have to pay.....

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm still of my mindset from a couple years ago. There's probably enough pent up demand to keep it filled for a year or two. After that, they'll need to look at the whole thing again, and probably reformulate....and....I believe when analysts talk about Disney reaching for a higher income customer, they're primarily talking about the upper middle class. The very high class, and uber rich, don't generally do theme park vacations. Actually they tend to look down at such pedestrian type vacations.

I think there was a version of a highly-immersive STAR WARS-themed resort that could have been incredible: imaging getting to stay at Cloud City, or Echo Base on Hoth, or the temple ruins on Yavin, or the Death Star, or the Royal Palace on Naboo/suites on Coruscant (for the Prequel fans). Just as a few examples. Environments actually featured prominently in the films (several of which -- Cloud City, Naboo, Coruscant -- could have actually been designed for luxury).

But nope, Disney's too wedded to this "Everything has to be a new location we haven't seen before, and set during the Sequels, which we created" idea.

I thought the other day after I smoked saw the singing that the ad simply wasn’t real.....

Lot of sites reporting the video has been pulled. Apparently it was that bad. I think Clownfish TV even said more reservations suddenly opened up the first month, implying some guests cancelled after it.

After that, they'll need to look at the whole thing again, and probably reformulate....and....I believe when analysts talk about Disney reaching for a higher income customer, they're primarily talking about the upper middle class. The very high class, and uber rich, don't generally do theme park vacations. Actually they tend to look down at such pedestrian type vacations.

I don't know how you reformulate tho. The rooms are still going to be tiny, the resort is going to lack even "value" amenities like a pool or quick-serve breakfast. And the whole illusion depends on a cast of Equity actors (not paid enough but still more than minimum wage or CP kids) doing the WestWorld host thing -- cut them and it's even worse.

The only thing I see possibly working is a Discovery Cove-like all-day experience. Maybe repurpose a dozen guests rooms to that purpose. But that would still leave a ton of wasted space.

And the whole illusion depends on a cast of Equity actors (not paid enough but still more than minimum wage or CP kids) doing the WestWorld host thing -- cut them and it's even worse.

I wanna know whats the ratio of Equity actors to guests. Plus they recently announced the first CP kids crew for first voyages as if there was any doubt Disney was gonna staff their luxury experience with their favorite underpaid labor.

Edit: Disney World introduces new Star Wars character

Why are they all blue-faced??? What says star wars about this? I'm getting the corporate aliens from Alien Encounter preshow vibes from them more than star wars.

Last edited:
I wanna know whats the ratio of Equity actors to guests. Plus they recently announced the first CP kids crew for first voyages as if there was any doubt Disney was gonna staff their luxury experience with their favorite underpaid labor.

Edit: Disney World introduces new Star Wars character

Why are they all blue-faced??? What says star wars about this? I'm getting the corporate aliens from Alien Encounter preshow vibes from them more than star wars.

The Smurf theme would explain the size of the rooms.