Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For no reason at all…Did anyone else have a Mars 2112 restaurant back in the day? Or was that just a Chicago thing?

We had one at Woodfield Mall. Apparently there was one in Times Square as well. It was essentially Rainforest Cafe with aliens. These promo videos are giving me major Mars 2112 vibes - just without the theming…:lol:
Wow, I grew up about a mile from there. Must have been after my mall time, I was there when it was built and got a silver dollar for putting my hands in cement.

Reactions: Nico
We've known for years this thing will* (*is rumored to) have a massive set piece where Kylo Ren boards and threatens everyone in the common area lobby of the ship. He uses the force to fling a piece of scenery across the room or something. Then Rey shows up with her "real" lightsaber (which is then carefully handed off to a stagehand out of sight) and then she saves us from Kylo.

Or maybe that's all made up and nothing interesting actually happens on the ship. :shrug:

If this was any cheaper, I'd be at the point where I'd need to book a room just to experience this... whole thing, in person. I don't think videos and reviews will relay its "quality" in total.

Nothing in that onboarding video makes it seem tongue in cheek, and that makes it even sweeter.

We've known for years this thing will* (*is rumored to) have a massive set piece where Kylo Ren boards and threatens everyone in the common area lobby of the ship. He uses the force to fling a piece of scenery across the room or something. Then Rey shows up with her "real" lightsaber (which is then carefully handed off to a stagehand out of sight) and then she saves us from Kylo.

Or maybe that's all made up and nothing interesting actually happens on the ship. :shrug:

I don't think Kylo being on the ship was made up.

The thing I am wondering is whether he is on the ship or if his presence on the ship has been cut?

I mean I completely forgot if that was a big rumor. And I thought the Rey stuff was somewhere else during the experience. Cool.

I can see this being an elaborate fake out, I can also see this being people coping with the fact it's not. I guess we'll see soon enough.

If you just showed this to me without any context, I would've assumed this would be a preshow video for Cosmic Rewind. Come to think of it, this is giving me Alien Encounter vibes.

How long do you think they'll just cut the entertainment and just make this a themed Star Wars cruiser hotel?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
If you just showed this to me without any context, I would've assumed this would be a preshow video for Cosmic Rewind. Come to think of it, this is giving me Alien Encounter vibes.

How long do you think they'll just cut the entertainment and just make this a themed Star Wars cruiser hotel?

--

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: belloq87
*puts Negative Nancy hat back on*

Sooooo maybe all of that “living land” and “all-day entertainment” stuff that was “cut by Bob C” from Galaxy’s Edge and “ruined the land” was actually, just spit-balling here, laughed at by people who run the parks because it was this embarrassing.

Do they address how a couple hundred year old ship looks brand new? Or is that a cover for when they don’t hire any Custodial CMs and there’s trash all over the hallways and they’re just like…. hey, cut us some slack, this is an old ship.

I imagine this is during dinner. Going way back, the land was rumored to have a dinner show with a lightsaber battle. Otherwise, I can't imagine it's all that feasible to have 300ish guests all in the room at one time. Maybe during a welcome show? But for the most part I imagine this is each side quest like the bridge tour being repeated 30 times over day 1.