Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like to pretend that this ship is secretly run by the Empire, and the rebel spies are the ones trying to take over the bridge. Cue, “It’s a trap!”

I imagine this is during dinner. Going way back, the land was rumored to have a dinner show with a lightsaber battle. Otherwise, I can't imagine it's all that feasible to have 300ish guests all in the room at one time. Maybe during a welcome show? But for the most part I imagine this is each side quest like the bridge tour being repeated 30 times over day 1.
Scheduled multiple times throughout the day to ensure all groups get it. Remember they have two days to repeat things. Half of the guests will be on Batuu for a good chunk of day one, the other half on day two, and every itinerary will have “surprise moment” in their schedule at some point.

Rumored e-mail to guests canceling their Starcruiser reservations:

Disney has heard your concerns and has made significant upgrades to the Galactic Starcruiser experience.
1) the meet and greet with first mate Goofy has been replaced by an R2D2 who beeps at you!
2) Kylo Ren no longer battles “Jedi Mickey”. It’s now a teenager in a Mark Hamill Halloween mask!
3) your receptionist for dinner is now a teenager in a Princess Leia mask!
4) Revealing our big surprise finale: every departing family gets to drive a Tesla Cybertruck to the airport! (Where you turn it in at the Hertz return lot)

Now that we’ve corrected all the problems, please rebook your trip by pressing the button labeled “OMG! I can’t wait!”

May the farce be with you!

Sincerely, Disney Imagineering

The negativity on the project feels fake now, it doesn’t feel proportional to the published materials.

While I still don’t think this is the “clone across multiple resorts” level success I don’t think it’ll fall on its face. They DID fail at the balancing act of trying to create good “fake” advertisements and such, though.

*puts Negative Nancy hat back on*

Sooooo maybe all of that “living land” and “all-day entertainment” stuff that was “cut by Bob C” from Galaxy’s Edge and “ruined the land” was actually, just spit-balling here, laughed at by people who run the parks because it was this embarrassing.

Do they address how a couple hundred year old ship looks brand new? Or is that a cover for when they don’t hire any Custodial CMs and there’s trash all over the hallways and they’re just like…. hey, cut us some slack, this is an old ship.

It’s full of stuff cut from SWGE but I don’t think I can blame Chapek too much. I’ve been told privately that Rise ALONE had a $1bn price tag to it, let alone the rest of the land and MF. I put that failure right at the feet of Imagineering.

The negativity on the project feels fake now, it doesn’t feel proportional to the published materials.

While I still don’t think this is the “clone across multiple resorts” level success I don’t think it’ll fall on its face. They DID fail at the balancing act of trying to create good “fake” advertisements and such, though.
Oh, I think it’ll have a modicum of success. It’s an experience unlike any other, and fans will spend for that exact thing.

But I don’t think it’ll be good.

Reactions: belloq87
C’mon, guys. Enough with the pot shots. You’ve gotten it out of you’re system, but that’s enough.

Unless Disney releases something new about this hotel, there really shouldn’t be any more commentary from the peanut gallery because it’s getting old tbh.

Now if it opens and truly does suck, then make fun of it all you want like with F&F. But the thing isn’t even open yet.

C’mon, guys. Enough with the pot shots. You’ve gotten it out of you’re system, but that’s enough.

Unless Disney releases something new about this hotel, there really shouldn’t be any more commentary from the peanut gallery because it’s getting old tbh.

Now if it opens and truly does suck, then make fun of it all you want like with F&F. But the thing isn’t even open yet.

In my defence, I haven't posted in this thread since Monday and the new things released since then don't look very good either.

I also don't buy the theory that this is all a distraction from what is really going to happen once you board.

Why would Disney want to show off something that is likely to result in cancellations when most people staying are still inside the free cancellation window. (Full refund if you can cancel more than 90 days prior to arrival, 50% back if you cancel between 31 to 89 days prior to arrival and nothing back with 30 days or less prior to arrival)

Im sorry, but if Disney is promoting a Star Wars hotel and everything they release looks straight-up awful while they want you to drop $6,000 MINIMUM, I think this warrants severe criticism.

I understand not judging a product before it’s officially released, but the point of a trailer is supposed to give you a taste of what you’re getting into. If Universal released a trailer for a remake of Back to the Future with Nikki Minaj playing Marty McFly and Adam Sandler playing Doc Brown, are you going to tell us that we can only criticize this so much because we haven’t seen the movie? Disney had literally all the time, resources, and assets to make this GREAT. There are other concepts they could’ve done like going to Cloud City and getting dinner with Darth Vader there (Think how DOPE that would’ve been!). But if they had simply made the cruiser based on the OT using characters from that era with a less packed schedule, this would’ve been received a lot better.

The only way you could miss the mark this bad is if you literally went out of your way to not listen to what the fans wanted. Disney deserves all of the flack they’re getting for this nuclear disaster.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Tbad556
Hopefully this hotel gives Kylo Ren and Rey the opportunity to receive a wardrobe update. Having them in their Rise of Skywalker gear would be nice, or even Last Jedi to match with the timeline on Batuu.

Reactions: Jones14
Im sorry, but if Disney is promoting a Star Wars hotel and everything they release looks straight-up awful while they want you to drop $6,000 MINIMUM, I think this warrants severe criticism.

I understand not judging a product before it’s officially released, but the point of a trailer is supposed to give you a taste of what you’re getting into. If Universal released a trailer for a remake of Back to the Future with Nikki Minaj playing Marty McFly and Adam Sandler playing Doc Brown, are you going to tell us that we can only criticize this so much because we haven’t seen the movie? Disney had literally all the time, resources, and assets to make this GREAT. There are other concepts they could’ve done like going to Cloud City and getting dinner with Darth Vader there (Think how DOPE that would’ve been!). But if they had simply made the cruiser based on the OT using characters from that era with a less packed schedule, this would’ve been received a lot better.

The only way you could miss the mark this bad is if you literally went out of your way to not listen to what the fans wanted. Disney deserves all of the flack they’re getting for this nuclear disaster.
I’m not saying no criticism. There’s been plenty of criticism and it’s warranted at this point. But there is such thing as pouring it on just for the sake of pouring it on and I feel like that’s where some of you are at.

Yeah didn’t this place have a meltdown because someone was posting tweets about Fast and Furious that happened to be negative? After it had opened?

Let’s wait and see. I’m curious about the sheer logistics of it because this really is going to be unique. The quality of the actual in-person content remains to be seen.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95