Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I think I found the answer to my question above.

Park Hopper Tickets
Guests who purchase or have a Park Hopper ticket and an appropriate park reservation may cross over and switch between parks on the same day beginning at 1:00 PM. Please check the Park Hours calendar and the Disneyland app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park. Guests with Park Hopper tickets must make a park reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting the other park. At this time, a park reservation is not required after the first park; however, reservation requirements are subject to change. Please note that the ability to visit the other park will be subject to that park’s capacity limitations.

My wife's coworker who has a Dream Key Pass says he's done that many times already, so my only concern is "however, reservation requirements are subject to change." Hopefully this helps out anyone else in a similar situation.

Also, am I the only one that has zero hype for Avengers Campus? I mean, I'll try to get on WEB Slingers and explore the land and any roaming characters, but I'm not expecting much. None of the food offerings are interesting at all.

Last edited:
With Genie+'s launch (or in this case, failure to...), I think it's safe to say it's not a surprise that its debut was gonna' be rough with a few days' heads up, but I didn't think it would be full-on suspending sales and issuing refunds kind of rough.

It'll be interesting to see how or if the kinks get worked out, since if the issues keep up, I don't see the DL-crowd being quiet about having a paid FP system that's as buggy and broken as WDW's. Especially when they had a better system that actually worked with MaxPass.

And also:

If they wanted to make her a larger part of the story, they at least could have put her in a fashionable but practical pencil skirt instead of the world's ugliest trench coat.
I mean i dont care as much about the outfit but she isn't in it at all, lol

Genie seemed to be working today. The most interesting thing is how the rise slots didn't sell out within an hour and they've only been booked out by about 10 mins from the current time. Could be more magic key peeps and the $20 cost. In comparison to $15 in orlando and more non-ap guests.

Just thought I'd share my experience from yesterday. To confirm what I previously posted, if you have a park hopper ticket, you only need a reservation to one park and you can then hop to the other park at 1 pm. No need for same day reservations to both parks.

Avengers Campus was ok. It's definitely missing its E-Ticket to flesh out the land. WEB Slingers was listed at 80 mins but only took about an hour in the morning. It was only ok. Not a huge fan of shooters, but this was still an underwhelming experience. Seriously, only 4 scenes? Also, it's uncomfortable holding my wrists up Spidey-style so I just ended up punching the air like I'm boxing which was more natural and just as effective and less tiring.

Been waiting 2 years to ride RotR and was able to get in 2 rides. Both times, standby was listed at 75, but the first time took closer to 90 and the 2nd time was only about 40 mins. POV videos don't do this justice. It really needs to be experienced in person. So much detail and so much going on, it's hard to take it all in even after 2 rides. Definitely up there with Indiana Jones as my favorite attractions of all time.

For a sold out reservation day, it definitely didn't feel that crowded as far as maneuvering around the park. They must've really reduced capacity for reservations. Of course, popular rides will always have 60+ min waits, but most other attractions were much less than that. Food lines were not too bad either. As someone who only visits the resort every few years, this was definitely a more enjoyable experience crowd-wise.

I don’t see this going very far as Disney has the best lawyers they can find, but good luck to the person suing Disney.

But if I paid $1600 for a “no blackout” pass and couldn’t go at all, I wouldn’t be very happy.

I don’t see this going very far as Disney has the best lawyers they can find, but good luck to the person suing Disney.

But if I paid $1600 for a “no blackout” pass and couldn’t go at all, I wouldn’t be very happy.
The system sucks for APs but I'm bias and like it mainly if it leads to lower crowds.

I think Disney just needs to rebrand them again and get away from what Universal and other parks can do.

Disneyland is above them by a mile....I loveeeee Universal but you can go on many weekends and its dead if its not spring break, summer, HHN or Christmas.
Disneyland even at these prices is never dead, sure it has some days with a few hours of low lines but never dead all day, people just need to understand Disneyland is a resort and no one needs to be at a resort every day

Just go once or twice a year y’all! I went a few weekends ago and did Trader Sams and a full open to close day at DL. Gonna do it again in 2022 to see Electric Light Parade and Oogie Boogie’s as my DCA experience. Way less stressful than having to navigate reservations, blockout dates, pay for parking every visit, dealing with LLs increasing wait times...ie the devaluing of an AP/MK.

I went to the park yesterday on a one day park hopper ticket (I opted out of Magic Key stuff, and I'm glad I have). It was also our first time using Genie+ and LL.

To be honest, Genie+ was essentially Maxpass to us, minus the big ticket rides. We did it, and we got our monies worth on about 4 rides, which was enough for us. We avoided the upcharges as: we were able to ride RotR stnadby at 5pm with only a 30 min wait (time posted: 60min, the shortest wait time we saw for it all day), did SR for RSR (a 40 minute wait, as the line was back to the 2nd bridge... but standby was 145 min!), and we had no desire to ride Web Slingers. Bonus: we got evacuated on RotR at the At-At room, so that was quite a highlight! They gave us a LL to return, which we did at 7:30pm (as that rides closes early at 8pm). so we got 1 1/2 rides on it. :)

While we didn't get to ride everything, we got on everything we wanted to (which was nearly all the big hitters) and still have time to do a few repeats later in the night. We had low expectations for Genie+ (and admittedly, it offers many rides that we either didn't need because we hit them early in the morning when lines were already short, or are just not interested in), but wasn't a hot mess, so I'll consider it mostly a success. It is a pain that you can't really select a specific return time, and instead have to keep checking the app to find a time and ride you want. And also a bit annoying you can't repeat a ride. But at least it did work, and it did save us a fair amount of time.

We really wanted to try to see if all the rides that still had Single Rider, but we just didn't get to them all. We can say that RSR and Matterhorn still have it for sure, we used it on both (Matterhorn's has been moved to the right side exit area). Space said their SR was closed this entire week. And Monster's was still offering the Buddy pass. Smuggler's Run was still using SR as well. We didn't get to check on Splash, Incredicoaster, GRR, or Goofy's Sky School.

I went to the park yesterday on a one day park hopper ticket (I opted out of Magic Key stuff, and I'm glad I have). It was also our first time using Genie+ and LL.

To be honest, Genie+ was essentially Maxpass to us, minus the big ticket rides. We did it, and we got our monies worth on about 4 rides, which was enough for us. We avoided the upcharges as: we were able to ride RotR stnadby at 5pm with only a 30 min wait (time posted: 60min, the shortest wait time we saw for it all day), did SR for RSR (a 40 minute wait, as the line was back to the 2nd bridge... but standby was 145 min!), and we had no desire to ride Web Slingers. Bonus: we got evacuated on RotR at the At-At room, so that was quite a highlight! They gave us a LL to return, which we did at 7:30pm (as that rides closes early at 8pm). so we got 1 1/2 rides on it. :)

While we didn't get to ride everything, we got on everything we wanted to (which was nearly all the big hitters) and still have time to do a few repeats later in the night. We had low expectations for Genie+ (and admittedly, it offers many rides that we either didn't need because we hit them early in the morning when lines were already short, or are just not interested in), but wasn't a hot mess, so I'll consider it mostly a success. It is a pain that you can't really select a specific return time, and instead have to keep checking the app to find a time and ride you want. And also a bit annoying you can't repeat a ride. But at least it did work, and it did save us a fair amount of time.

We really wanted to try to see if all the rides that still had Single Rider, but we just didn't get to them all. We can say that RSR and Matterhorn still have it for sure, we used it on both (Matterhorn's has been moved to the right side exit area). Space said their SR was closed this entire week. And Monster's was still offering the Buddy pass. Smuggler's Run was still using SR as well. We didn't get to check on Splash, Incredicoaster, GRR, or Goofy's Sky School.
Sounds like G+ is as expensive (if not more with LL upgrades) as Maxpass but offers less.

^That is probably literally true, but the exact value is a subjective thing. We skipped maybe 4 rides for $20 a person. Is that worth it? For us, yes... those four rides probably saved us at least 1.5-2 hours in time that allowed us to do more later. But certainly, others would not consider that a good value. And we were able to avoid the up charge LL altogether.

If you don't like it, no one forces you to get it.

^That is probably literally true, but the exact value is a subjective thing. We skipped maybe 4 rides for $20 a person. Is that worth it? For us, yes... those four rides probably saved us at least 1.5-2 hours in time that allowed us to do more later. But certainly, others would not consider that a good value. And we were able to avoid the up charge LL altogether.

If you don't like it, no one forces you to get it.

I just remember using Maxpass on so many more rides. We used to be able to hit everything at both parks in one day. If you can only get 4 rides out of it, it’s a really poor value compared to the old system.

Sounds like G+ is as expensive (if not more with LL upgrades) as Maxpass but offers less.
I mean it was

no one can argue because we saw it in action but many will defend the new program because if in anyway it helps thats enough for them

this is how we get rides like Spider-Man fans literally have very little standards any more and Disney just does whatever Make them more money and we just love with it

I mean it was

no one can argue because we saw it in action but many will defend the new program because if in anyway it helps thats enough for them

this is how we get rides like Spider-Man fans literally have very little standards any more and Disney just does whatever Make them more money and we just love with it

Well I just don’t ride it (still havent) nor do I go to DCA. DL still has the classic rides I want to see. Once (if ever) those are gone, I won’t be going to DL anymore.

It’s a catch 22 being that going to the parks supports the company and their poor decisions. But I can choose my experience once there and ignore some of the BS.

I went to DL twice this year and DCA once. Next year, I’m cutting that to DL once and DCA once for Oogie’s. This is in response to Genie+ having a negative impact on wait times.

Well I just don’t ride it (still havent) nor do I go to DCA. DL still has the classic rides I want to see. Once (if ever) those are gone, I won’t be going to DL anymore.

It’s a catch 22 being that going to the parks supports the company and their poor decisions. But I can choose my experience once there and ignore some of the BS.

I went to DL twice this year and DCA once. Next year, I’m cutting that to DL once and DCA once for Oogie’s. This is in response to Genie+ having a negative impact on wait times.
I'm glad I got to go once while crowds were low and didnt have to pay to skip the lines (that they made..lol)

I'm pointing out this new system is worst than the last and Disney will keep making passes like this worst as long as people pay for them

I'm glad I got to go once while crowds were low and didnt have to pay to skip the lines (that they made..lol)

I'm pointing out this new system is worst than the last and Disney will keep making passes like this worst as long as people pay for them

Let’s hope people aren’t purchasing G+ then:grin:

Man, it was so cool to go in early May when they reopened with COVID protocols. I’ll never forget riding Pirates, Indy, Rise, MF, Space, and Cars alone. And also entering HM through the crypt. Such a unique experience to feel like you had those rides all to yourself!

Last edited: