Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I honestly think they just wanted to offer more “girl” options for the bands.

Surprisedwe haven’t seen more styles or limited edition bands yet, but then again Japan has never been fully open since SNW opened, so that may come later.
There will totally be a DK and DK jr band

Mondo from Five Fires shared some interesting tidbits regarding Nintendo World Hollywood. The first thing he shared at around the 2 hour 23 minute mark was that Universal plans to open a Nintendo World merch store on the Upper Lot. And in the 2 hour 24 minute mark, he mentions that he's hearing that the Mario Kart ride construction is already completed and that the land itself is looking like it could open to the public sometime in 2022.

I could see Mario Kart having scenic "done" but them still working on the ride system.

As for 2022, I mean having the land open concurrently for the movie in Holiday 2022 makes sense.

I predict the SNW Hollywood official release date would be June or July 2022 if progress in the area is going smoothly. Personally, I would like to see Chris Pratt and his cast appear in the SNW Hollywood release date video in order to give attention to the new SNW movie coming out for this Holiday.

Interesting. I’ve been hearing Spring-Summer 2023 and based on the progress so far, it makes the most sense.
I'd find it unlikely it would take until summer 2023. Given that the ride is supposedly ready and progress on the land has been going at a good pace. However, I'd be equally surprised if it was ready in five months. Holidays 2022/early 2023 seems to me the most likely possibility

I'd find it unlikely it would take until summer 2023. Given that the ride is supposedly ready and progress on the land has been going at a good pace. However, I'd be equally surprised if it was ready in five months. Holidays 2022/early 2023 seems to me the most likely possibility

Never underestimate delay of supplies. And of Universal Hollywood needing to recoup cost lost from over a year of non-operation.

___

My guess is Late December, bordering on Illumination's Mario, with the same reinforcements of heavy photography barring for TM's and Parties until the end of January. After that, technical rehearsals leading towards March 2023. Border on the 2 year anniversary of Super Nintendo World Osaka's opening; and to ensure any health concerns can be squashed. I can see Hollywood needing the longer test/adjust period for the sake of the AA's in the land ontop of making sure Mario Kart can work flawlessly with no issues domestically.

Never underestimate delay of supplies. And of Universal Hollywood needing to recoup cost lost from over a year of non-operation.

___

My guess is Late December, bordering on Illumination's Mario, with the same reinforcements of heavy photography barring for TM's and Parties until the end of January. After that, technical rehearsals leading towards March 2023. Border on the 2 year anniversary of Super Nintendo World Osaka's opening; and to ensure any health concerns can be squashed. I can see Hollywood needing the longer test/adjust period for the sake of the AA's in the land ontop of making sure Mario Kart can work flawlessly with no issues domestically.
Another factor we’re not considering here is that USH will probably want something to compete against Runaway Railway and Knott’s giga. I still think they will want to try to open this year as much as humanly possible, but current events aren’t helping things either.

Another factor we’re not considering here is that USH will probably want something to compete against Runaway Railway and Knott’s giga. I still think they will want to try to open this year as much as humanly possible, but current events aren’t helping things either.

A small thought I've had on 2023; is that it seems to be the big tourism push. I have to assume this has been a long and contested topic within NBCUniversal and Nintendo specifically. It'd make absolute sense if they are working on ensuring that in some way or shape; it can be partially open by Illumination's Mario.

After that? Burn out the crowds if it means not having the impact of a Hogsmeade Orlando or a SNW Osaka. Shove Nintendo in everyone as far as they can; to the same level they shoved down Transformers and Kong 360 while they waited on DMMM.

Honestly...with Covid just coming back every few months I can sadly seem them pushing to 2023.

The land could be done before then but they might not want to push the land when another spike will most likely come next Winter. I dont want that to be the case but seeing things like E3 being cancelled and Mickey ride not opening until 2023....what real reason is there for them to push a land out that might get only locals because of Covid season

Why does everyone keep thinking this has to open with the Mario movie? They are two completely different projects. Unless the film takes place in Nintendo World or has a promo in the end “visit Mario at Universal Studios Hollywood,” then the movie has little influence over the land.

I wonder if delays to the land negatively impact stuff universal had planned for the park later down the line for after Nintendo world opened?

Why does everyone keep thinking this has to open with the Mario movie? They are two completely different projects. Unless the film takes place in Nintendo World or has a promo in the end “visit Mario at Universal Studios Hollywood,” then the movie has little influence over the land.
Universal just tends to operate that way. This land will have no connection to the film so I don’t see a point in opening them together, frankly.

Business wise it makes sense 2023, lots of uncertainty right now in the world, if I’m them, I’m in relatively no rush. Just get it done and operating and go from there.

For what it’s worth, VelociCoaster was originally intended to open alongside the third film installment. The only reason it didn’t is because the film was pushed back a year.

But that is a property they own in-house and don’t license, so might be different.

For what it’s worth, VelociCoaster was originally intended to open alongside the third film installment. The only reason it didn’t is because the film was pushed back a year.

But that is a property they own in-house and don’t license, so might be different.
If VillainCon opens this summer alongside Minions 2, that’s another recent example. I sense a new trend!

Honestly...with Covid just coming back every few months I can sadly seem them pushing to 2023.

The land could be done before then but they might not want to push the land when another spike will most likely come next Winter. I dont want that to be the case but seeing things like E3 being cancelled and Mickey ride not opening until 2023....what real reason is there for them to push a land out that might get only locals because of Covid season
Covid never went away so how does it keep coming back? ;>)

___

I was doing some research and saw Universal is listing the untitled Mario movie as a Dec 21st 2022 release date.

Dunno if that's new.

Completion

September hand over to ops, TM previews, guest previews after HHN, official opening in Dec?