Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2022 Epcot Festival of the Arts

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
The Festival of the Arts is back this year from January 14th to February 21st. Live Disney on Broadway performances are back for the first time since 2020, mostly with the usual suspects. Here's the lineup and dates:
  • Jan. 14, 16, 17, 20 & 21 – Arielle Jacobs (“Aladdin”) & Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
  • Jan. 15, 18, 19, 22 & 23 – Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) & Telly Leung (“Aladdin”)
  • Jan. 24, 26, 27, 30, 31 and Feb. 3 & 4 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday,” “The Little Mermaid”) & Robert Creighton (“Frozen”)
  • Jan. 25, 28, 29 and Feb. 1, 2, 5 & 6 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) & Dan DeLuca (“Newsies”)
  • Feb. 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 17 & 18 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) & Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
  • Feb. 8, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19 & 20 – Kissy Simmons (“The Lion King”) & Michael James Scott (“Aladdin”)
  • Feb. 21 – Special, extended finale performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Simmons & Scott

I mean, I personally wouldn’t even consider waiting more than 20 minutes for any merch (any retail item at all really). But surely someone sees the irony of criticizing a passionate fandom while posting on a theme park message board?

It’s totally crazy to wait that long for something, almost anything, and really crappy for them to have ONE stand open with these. Very easily could have setup mutiple kiosks in a central area. But that would have been too easy and less Instagram worthy. ‍:crazy:

I’ll get one in a week or two without waiting in line. I’ll wait 8 hours in line for a new ride, but not a popcorn bucket. Even I have my limits! (Unless it was PizzeRizzo themed.)

I was joking but also good to know that you have some common sense as well. I'm not sure that I've waited that long for anything. Two and a half hours is the longest and that was for Raptor at Cedar Point on a hot Saturday afternoon back in the 90's.

What does one do with a souvenir popcorn bucket after you've eaten the popcorn? Can you keep refilling it in the parks, or is it just a cute tchotchke at home? (Asking as someone who's never bought one so genuinely don't know.)

What does one do with a souvenir popcorn bucket after you've eaten the popcorn? Can you keep refilling it in the parks, or is it just a cute tchotchke at home? (Asking as someone who's never bought one so genuinely don't know.)
At Universal you can refill with an ap discount for about $2.50. Don't know about dis but in either case you have to remember to lug it with you

Yeaaaaaah, that's not even vaguely close to the same level of fandom :lol:

That was a topic of conversation at a friends dinner tonight. We were like we know we're technically "Disney Adults." But we're not THOSE Disney Adults...

I have a friend that found out about this, didn't step foot in the parks, had someone buy him three, and paid the other person $60 each for their time and then turned around and sold them for over $150 each. :lol:

To me, it's not the guests who are to blame for how crazy this all gets. Well it is in the fact people were going so crazy over popcorn buckets. But on the resellers part, I don't se them as a "bad guy" because Disney is selling it to them even though it's against their policy. They aren't following their own rules. That's literally all Disney has to do is enforce the rules in place and this doesn't happen.

And for the people that pay $200+ for a popcorn bucket... that's just consumerism at it's worst and those are clearly people who have too much spare money that they could be putting to much better use.

Last edited:
if Disney wanted they could stamp out resellers in weeks, see the lady who resold runDisney stuff. But the resellers offer a buffer for the team of guaranteed sales AND they don’t care about the guest experience. So boom.