Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.4%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 62.6%

• Total voters
I have always been in the camp of keep Orlando Jurassic Park because of
1) I like JP theme over JW theme
2) we have JW river adventure in CA and it’s possible to go there to ride it. I’ve always said Universal should focus on making the 2 parks in CA and FL as different as possible from each other to give you a reason to go to both.
So if it’s just updating river adventure to JW I don’t want it…..BUT if they were to replace RA with the Beijing JW ride then I’d be down with losing JP and re-theming the whole land to JW. I’d miss JP but that Beijing ride would be worth it.

I just had another thought though. What if we keep JP and turn lost continent into the JW Beijing ride and connect the area to Velocicoaster with the bypass bridge and now we have JP and JW lands living side by side! That would be the ultimate!

Also why couldn’t they eventually clone the JW land from Beijing to one of the expansion plots in Epic Universe? I always thought that made way more sense to have JP at one park and JW at another.

Last edited:
2) we have JW river adventure in CA and it’s possible to go there to ride it. I’ve always said Universal should focus on making the 2 parks in CA and FL as different as possible from each other to give you a reason to go to both.
So if it’s just updating river adventure to JW I don’t want it…..BUT if they were to replace RA with the Beijing JW ride then I’d be down with losing JP and re-theming the whole land to JW. I’d miss JP but that Beijing ride would be worth it.

I just had another thought though. What if we keep JP and turn lost continent into the JW Beijing ride and connect the area to Velocicoaster with the bypass bridge and now we have JP and JW lands living side by side! That would be the ultimate!

Also why couldn’t they eventually clone the JW land from Beijing to one of the expansion plots in Epic Universe? I always thought that made way more sense to have JP at one park and JW at another.

Not a lot of people bring this up, but Transformers was originally built in Singapore (2011) before receiving clones in Hollywood (2012) and then Orlando (2013). If this were to happen, I imagine this attraction would follow the same pattern. Beijing in 2021, Hollywood in 2022, and Orlando in 2023. Of course this is pure guesswork, but a man can dream can't he?

"Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals".
-John Hammond

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Not a lot of people bring this up, but Transformers was originally built in Singapore (2011) before receiving clones in Hollywood (2012) and then Orlando (2013). If this were to happen, I imagine this attraction would follow the same pattern. Beijing in 2021, Hollywood in 2022, and Orlando in 2023. Of course this is pure guesswork, but a man can dream can't he?

"Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals".
-John Hammond

Except Hollywood is not getting it in 2022, Orlando is definitely not getting it in 2023, AND Transformers is an external property so they needed to build all those attractions within a set timeframe.

I've thought for awhile that having JW at Epic Universe would make perfect sense. But now that Velocicoaster exists, it makes basically no thematic sense lol

You know something I’ve noticed at the parks. So many people wear Jurassic Park shirts but almost nobody wears Jurassic World shirts. Like I literally probably see 50 JP shirts before I see 1 JW shirt. I know JW is newer but I think JP has way more of a lasting cultural impact on people. I wish they could just revamp river adventure but keep it JP and keep the land JP even though Velocicoaster and Raptor Encounter are within it. I just keep going back to the fact that Universal’s most iconic IP’s are either not being used much anymore (BTTF, Jaws) we’re completely botched and underutilized (F&F) or seem like they will be phased out someday in the near future (JP & ET)

You know something I’ve noticed at the parks. So many people wear Jurassic Park shirts but almost nobody wears Jurassic World shirts. Like I literally probably see 50 JP shirts before I see 1 JW shirt. I know JW is newer but I think JP has way more of a lasting cultural impact on people. I wish they could just revamp river adventure but keep it JP and keep the land JP even though Velocicoaster and Raptor Encounter are within it. I just keep going back to the fact that Universal’s most iconic IP’s are either not being used much anymore (BTTF, Jaws) we’re completely botched and underutilized (F&F) or seem like they will be phased out someday in the near future (JP & ET)

A sad state of affairs but also accurate. I'm sure one day the whole land will be JW. Maybe the third film won't be such a dumpster fire.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
*sadly twerks to Camp Jurassic music in my Jurassic World shirt*

• Haha
Reactions: ibanezjp
I wonder what will happen to the Jurassic park land in general since the new Jurassic World franchise is doing quite well will we see another new land at EU or is the main plan is to transform the current JP land over to JW at IOA later down the line?

I wonder what will happen to the Jurassic park land in general since the new Jurassic World franchise is doing quite well will we see another new land at EU or is the main plan is to transform the current JP land over to JW at IOA later down the line?

I honestly have no clue. Rumors come and go all the time, but if I'm understanding correctly Crichton's estate is taking back the rights to JP in a few years. Jurassic World is basically Universal's way of expanding the film continuity, albeit with the slightly altered name, so I do believe the plan is to EVENTUALLY change the land. It's not a question of if, but when that change happens. Ideally I'd prefer the Jurassic World Beijing ride over them simply modifying the River Adventure.

The question is we don’t know if their will be two themed lands based on the Original JP franchise and another themed land based on the JW franchise over at Epic Universe as a possible expansion land if it ever comes just like we have Potter in two parks at Universal now their will be 3 at EU with either Potter or FB.

The question is we don’t know if their will be two themed lands based on the Original JP franchise and another themed land based on the JW franchise over at Epic Universe as a possible expansion land if it ever comes just like we have Potter in two parks at Universal now their will be 3 at EU with either Potter or FB.
Too late for that, Velocicoaster's already Jurassic World themed