Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Now at 285 mins! Before genie. It would never be over 90
It’s hard to tell

with fast pass it got to these times and it’s literally the busiest time of the year

not disagreeing that without a FP system it would be less but this isn’t just genie plus but FP times as well

It’s infuriating that Disney would deliberately make it to where you have to shell out the extra cash for Genie+ on top of your already expensive admission ticket if you want to get any rides done. This is truly abhorrent customer “service”.

Sad thing is, once Disney gets a taste of that extra money, it’s like crack cocaine to the mouse. They’re not gonna want to get off of it.

Granted, this is the beginning of “hell week” for all theme parks, but once the holidays are over and we still see wait times like this….

It’s infuriating that Disney would deliberately make it to where you have to shell out the extra cash for Genie+ on top of your already expensive admission ticket if you want to get any rides done. This is truly abhorrent customer “service”.

Sad thing is, once Disney gets a taste of that extra money, it’s like crack cocaine to the mouse. They’re not gonna want to get off of it.

Granted, this is the beginning of “hell week” for all theme parks, but once the holidays are over and we still see wait times like this….
Disney has essentially raised the ticket price by $20, even though they didn’t. It’s such a low price point for the mediocre benefits you get with genie, most day-ticket guests will pay it. It’s unfortunate when the park was running just FINE without it. Fast moving standby lines, not having to look at your phone all day, and not stress about ride selections are a thing of the past.

Even with COVID protocols, Space was around 50 min. Two weekends ago, it never got above 60 during our visit. So glad I didn’t upgrade to a MK.

Space was down for a while mid-day yesterday… had to nuke the standby line to cycle through the missed Genie return times. It was back down to 60-90 minutes by 9pm.

You know, sometimes the simplest answer is the actual answer.

Even with COVID protocols, Space was around 50 min. Two weekends ago, it never got above 60 during our visit. So glad I didn’t upgrade to a MK.
Yes but everyone is forgetting on bust days Indy and Space had 2-3 hours line with Fast Pass.

So while yes Genie plus is an issue because not everyone could have it if just FP was around during covid the numbers of all lines would go up with a FP line. Its just how the system works. You have a pass you walk on, if you dont the line is long

Yes but everyone is forgetting on bust days Indy and Space had 2-3 hours line with Fast Pass.

So while yes Genie plus is an issue because not everyone could have it if just FP was around during covid the numbers of all lines would go up with a FP line. Its just how the system works. You have a pass you walk on, if you dont the line is long
Sure, but with Fastpass or Maxpass, I got more bang for my buck. Justifies not going as often - why pay more for a lesser experience?

I gotta wonder if all this inconvenience will deter future repeat visits.

^Exactly. After being an AP for over 20+ years at Disney, I finally tapped out about 5 years ago (even before the pandemic). I still visit Disney about 1-2 times a year, but I just buy a one day ticket (that way, there's essentially no blackout dates) and pay for all the upgrades, because I figure if I'm only going to be there for a day, I'll pay to get it all done. All those Key members can wait if they don't want to pay, they can just return on another day.

It does make for an expensive day, but I get all the attractions I want with no blackout dates, and am still paying less than the Premium AP I used to have for all those years. I don't miss it at all, given what a hot mess the current AP system is now.

Just so it's known, the wait times are being inflated right now. They were even inflated when there was no LL, but now even more so. Times are about 20% higher on the app, and sometimes up to 50% higher for bigger attractions like Rise. RatChat reported on this a bit.

Best guess is they are inflating the times so people look at the times listed and feel encouraged to upgrade, which makes complete sense. It feels dirty but sounds like something a company would do. Another thing reported (but that I think is wrong) is that everyone is flocking to the suggestions that Genie is providing based on line guesstimations throughout the day. Evidence is that lines are at their peak when Genie suggests them and then later, it is completely empty. I think it's wrong though because that's just the natural ebb and flow -- I personally just can't imagine that many people seriously using the Genie recommendations, but I could be wrong.

Not a huge update but They have a Sand Crawler and Jabba's/Boba Throne to take pictures with in DTD near the SW Outpost

Quick question, I recently watched a recent POV video of Grizzly River Run and noticed the waterfalls around the rocks on the first drop were off and then the waterfalls right after the first drop into the cave on the right were off too. Are those permanently turned off? If so, I wonder why, it’s a huge loss. I went back and watched another POV from years ago and it just looks so much better with them on.

Quick question, I recently watched a recent POV video of Grizzly River Run and noticed the waterfalls around the rocks on the first drop were off and then the waterfalls right after the first drop into the cave on the right were off too. Are those permanently turned off? If so, I wonder why, it’s a huge loss. I went back and watched another POV from years ago and it just looks so much better with them on.

I was there a few months ago they were on. Could be a winter thing or just caught it on a bad day/week

Heard PotC is going down for refurb and the trees out front are being removed. Such a bummer.

Also, has anyone heard when Electric Light Parade is set to begin?