Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

You haven't lived until you've tasted Goat Cheese Marionberry Habanero ice cream.

For me, ice cream is one of those things that can only be so good. It's also really hard to make bad ice cream, so these fancy pants type places don't do much for me.
Fun fact, if you add an "&" in between two normal things you can charge double the price

For instance:

Pair of jeans from ShieKra's Jeans Outlet: $20
Same pair of jeans from Ax & Firewood: $150

Disney's trying to kick out Superdry from Disney Springs for low sales during the pandemic. Supposedly they are supposed to bring in $4M in revenue every year per the lease agreement or Disney has the right to replace them, but supposedly Superdray has never actually hit $4M while at Disney Springs (they average around $3M with most coming overseas).

However, by this logic, one could argue Disney could pretty much be kicking everyone out. To me it sounds like they just want to get SuperDry out because of how poor their sales have been since opening and how reliant they are on the international market. TBH, they probably already have a replacement store lined up.

Disney's trying to kick out Superdry from Disney Springs for low sales during the pandemic. Supposedly they are supposed to bring in $4M in revenue every year per the lease agreement or Disney has the right to replace them, but supposedly Superdray has never actually hit $4M while at Disney Springs (they average around $3M with most coming overseas).

However, by this logic, one could argue Disney could pretty much be kicking everyone out. To me it sounds like they just want to get SuperDry out because of how poor their sales have been since opening and how reliant they are on the international market. TBH, they probably already have a replacement store lined up.

I could go on a massive rant about Superdry but I'll contain myself.

I'm amazed they're still about and I can never understand why international guests buy products from their home country abroad at inflated prices.

Just wanted to say that never did I think that a two-hour virtual line would be worth it for baked goods at a gothic-themed bakehouse.
Well, it was. I loved Gideon's and I will be back, wished they did a mobile ordering thing like Voodoo so I can get the food faster, but this will do.

Just wanted to say that never did I think that a two-hour virtual line would be worth it for baked goods at a gothic-themed bakehouse.
Well, it was. I loved Gideon's and I will be back, wished they did a mobile ordering thing like Voodoo so I can get the food faster, but this will do.

I was 100% ready to boldly state that I would never wait in that line again....then I took a sip of that peanut butter cold brew that they have. Those sons a b****es got me hooked with one sip.

But yes, they need to have a quick service window or something that just does drinks, and like one or two cookies (limit 2).

I was 100% ready to boldly state that I would never wait in that line again....then I took a sip of that peanut butter cold brew that they have. Those sons a b****es got me hooked with one sip.

But yes, they need to have a quick service window or something that just does drinks, and like one or two cookies (limit 2).
I honestly loved their giant cake slices!
Didn't know there was a limit on the food items though, wish I could have bought a few more cookies to take home.

Disney's trying to kick out Superdry from Disney Springs for low sales during the pandemic. Supposedly they are supposed to bring in $4M in revenue every year per the lease agreement or Disney has the right to replace them, but supposedly Superdry has never actually hit $4M while at Disney Springs (they average around $3M with most coming overseas).

Do people actually use DS as the outlet that it claims to be? It seems like it does better when it just leans into the foodie angle

Also, why is the ® so gigantic in the Superdry logo? I'm happy that they have a registered trademark, but they don't have to be pushy about it

Do people actually use DS as the outlet that it claims to be? It seems like it does better when it just leans into the foodie angle

Also, why is the ® so gigantic in the Superdry logo? I'm happy that they have a registered trademark, but they don't have to be pushy about it
The unique food places definitely do very well for Disney Springs and while there are some shops that don't see high traffic, a lot of them do. Places like Uniqlo, Zara, Anthropology, Basin, Coach, Columba Sportswear, Levi's, lululemon, M&M's (which is mostly merch, not candy), Oakley, Pandora, Sperry, Ugg, Ron Jon Surf, Lego, and of course World of Disney are all stores that do very well and that's not mentioning all of them, really.

There is a few of them that have been there since Town Center opened that i'm surprised are still there (sort of past Zara) such as Everything But Water, Free People, American Threads, Johnny Was, L'Occitane, etc. Some of those I rarely see people in, but I guess they're expensive enough that if only a few people buy some things for the day, they can continue operating at a profit.

The entertainment that draw people to DS, whether it be Drawn To Life by Cirque, a concert at HOB, or a movie at AMC, is a good supplement to help the stores and the people that come for shopping may end up going to see cirque because they see it's something Disney is offering or may end up seeing a movie or going bowling simply because those are fun things to do to end the night. Disney Springs has a pretty healthy balance of shopping/food/entertainment and it all works together to supplement each other.

Last edited:

I know that we personally have tried probably 80% of the food and drink options. We’ve probably only shopped at less than 10% of the non Disney themed shops.Spent actual money at way less than that

I know that we personally have tried probably 80% of the food and drink options. We’ve probably only shopped at less than 10% of the non Disney themed shops, spent actual money at way less than that
Same here, perhaps if they had a Joanna Gaines candle store I would consider...or an ammo store

Otherwise, it's a miss dawling

Walls removed at Salt & Straw. It still seems like they have a bit to finish up on the exterior of the building and they were removed simply because Disney Springs is seeing extremely high foot traffic right now due to Easter being this weekend.

This is going where Bongos used to be on a years long abandoned plot that was meant originally for a healthy eatery called Beatrix. It’ll be directly across from Salt & Straw.

Kind of sad to hear that Beatrix for sure isn't coming. It would have been nice to have a healthy alternative at Springs.