Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

5. it's going to have terrible loading
The continuous moving through the station actually is pretty efficient. And single rows of riders means you don't have the searching for numbers of guests to load, it's just "you there, you there".

The biggest issue with these coasters is the seating position. The knees together and feet apart is not very comfortable, but the ride is smooth, fast, and fun.

I also disagree about it being a gimmick. Coasters are really evolving with many new designs. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot more of these pop up in the future, especailly at smaller parks, because they're more afforable and (can) take up less space. And while we don't know how SFMM is going to do loading, they seem to be doing the continuous loading for both SFGAd and SFFT... and I believe both of those also offer SR. I can't imagine SFMM being too different.

I don't really hate the location, either, except I'm not a fan they pained it yellow with another ride with yellow literally next to it.

While I do think I will enjoy this ride, could they have chosen a different ride that would be better? Absolutely. I strangely think either a spinning coaster (something like Time Traveler), Maverick, the elusive Giga, an Axis (has any park picked that up?), or even just a wild mouse would've rounded out the SFMM line up better. Not to mention just a flat ride package.

Or infrastructure, especially upgraded bathrooms/funnel cake building near the main entrance. The Samurai Summit area on the top of the hill is literally falling apart, have you ever looked at the walls there? They could also do a total rehaul of the entire entrance plaza and the restrooms there (I'm talking the area where the ticket booths and old security area---all that could be removed and reconfigured to open up the space). And as sentimental as I am, I wouldn't argue getting rid of that super dated and filthy white geometric sculpture over the main entrance.

Last edited:
Reopening the abandoned pizza place on Samurai summit would be a decent way to draw guests to an improved area. I could be wrong, but I thought I heard something about that being used as an employee break room?

Rumors are, Samurai Summit is the next area to get an overhaul. It's the logical choice. I just hope they don't modernize it too much. It's my favorite area of the entire park. No need to put a ride up their imo. Just spruce it up, add a new sit down eatery and landscaping and paint.
I really hope they put a new restaurant in that old Laughing Dragon Space and give the area a fresh coat of paint, some touching up, and perhaps a few plants.

I disagree, I think Samurai Summit SHOULD have a ride, maybe even three to help spread out crowds. Put a Screaming swing up there, an air race and repurpose the Himalaya. Make it Samurai Summit: The Samurai Trials. Boom, call it a day.

Does Ninja not get lines?

everytime I went it had a long line

If they have room sure add more rides but besides a restaurant not much room to add unless they take out the two maze locations

I think an additional ride up there would be welcome. I would suspect there's physically not room to put to much more. But that stretch between Ninja and Superman is pretty devoid of anything to do. It'd also be interesting if there's any possible way to repurpose the Sky Tower in any way (I figure the elevators are beyond repair).

Nice. SFMM actually opening their new coaster during Summer instead of the beginning of the school season. I was starting to think we wouldn’t get to ride this until at least August.