Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

The Yelling when Captain Jack comes out, I don't like them redoing the part but glad people are cheering for one of the best characters Disney was lucky enough to make on accident and to fire him just sucks for everyone and hope, somehow they get him to come back for one film one day.

Also Cars was down all weekend because one of the Car's were smoking from the engine (no fire) hope its back soon because DCA needs as many rides as it can get this summer. Any idea why Disneyland has literally 3 night time shows, one live show and a mini nighttime show and DCA gets.....one nighttime show? Seems so unbalanced

The Yelling when Captain Jack comes out, I don't like them redoing the part but glad people are cheering for one of the best characters Disney was lucky enough to make on accident and to fire him just sucks for everyone and hope, somehow they get him to come back for one film one day.

Also Cars was down all weekend because one of the Car's were smoking from the engine (no fire) hope its back soon because DCA needs as many rides as it can get this summer. Any idea why Disneyland has literally 3 night time shows, one live show and a mini nighttime show and DCA gets.....one nighttime show? Seems so unbalanced
Why the MSEP should be at DCA. DL is complete mess between 8-10pm when everyone is waiting around for the THREE nighttime shows, all starting within 15-30min of each other.

I got a big laugh last week during a viewing of World of Color when the biggest cheers came once Jack Sparrow appeared. Safe to say that Depp (like James Gunn) has the court of public opinion very much on his side.

But no, we do not need any more Pirates films with him. The last one was bad enough.

Agreed. But also smart of them as they get me to buy a 3 or 4-day ticket just to be able to see them all comfortably vs trying to squeeze into a 2-day visit.

I got a big laugh last week during a viewing of World of Color when the biggest cheers came once Jack Sparrow appeared. Safe to say that Depp (like James Gunn) has the court of public opinion very much on his side.

But no, we do not need any more Pirates films with him. The last one was bad enough.
The last film was meh because they had no idea what to do with him

It would be like saying Indy 5 should not happen because the last one sucked, but I have faith in Indy 5 director and think it will be great. So hope we get a finale film with Captain Jack

Why the MSEP should be at DCA. DL is complete mess between 8-10pm when everyone is waiting around for the THREE nighttime shows, all starting within 15-30min of each other.
My plan when I go next month is to watch 3 shows near small world and then get to Fatasmic for the 10:30ish showtime but I agree its a mess and have no idea why they didn't want to have 2 nighttime shows at each park to spread it out

The last film was meh because they had no idea what to do with him

It would be like saying Indy 5 should not happen because the last one sucked, but I have faith in Indy 5 director and think it will be great. So hope we get a finale film with Captain Jack

We had a proper finale in 2007 (and 1989 with Indy). Even as the only person on the planet who liked On Stranger Tides (I still think it's the second-best of the series), we've seen Disney take this character as far as he could possibly go.

Either reboot or don't bother, IMO.

This makes sense to me....the parks are full and no reason for more APs now....if you want to go this summer grab these tickets for weekdays so we can have everyday as full and make some more cash

Cars Racers are back open and more details on summer events happening at the resort

Here is my question

Why after two years in a row of DCA halloween event selling out, why is Disney not making both parks have events? Like I'm sure if Disneyland had its own halloween event it would sell out as well

Here is my question

Why after two years in a row of DCA halloween event selling out, why is Disney not making both parks have events? Like I'm sure if Disneyland had its own halloween event it would sell out as well
Or simply why are they not doing more days of Oogie Boogie at DCA? There's a decent amount of days off between each event night I believe.

Or simply why are they not doing more days of Oogie Boogie at DCA? There's a decent amount of days off between each event night I believe.
It all comes down to the finance people determining the maximum number of days to put on the event to make revenue vs the operational costs. It's all about doing the bare minimum to achieve maximum profits.

Here is my question

One park needs to be open normal hours everyday. Can't imagine day ticket guests will be happy both parks closing at 6.

One park needs to be open normal hours everyday. Can't imagine day ticket guests will be happy both parks closing at 6.
lol

As if Disney cares what makes people happy, look at APs, reservations and Genie Plus.

Universal closes most days at 6PM when not peak and the prices do not chanhe much more then a few bucks, people will still go and complain online and then go again, lol

lol

As if Disney cares what makes people happy, look at APs, reservations and Genie Plus.

Universal closes most days at 6PM when not peak and the prices do not chanhe much more then a few bucks, people will still go and complain online and then go again, lol
I guess they could test it and see how it affects attendance. Also, Universal Hollywood can easily be completed well before 6pm because of low attraction count... which is a whole other topic.

I guess they could test it and see how it affects attendance. Also, Universal Hollywood can easily be completed well before 6pm because of low attraction count... which is a whole other topic.
I mean so does Six Flags and while you can argue you can do that park before it closes....its more a matter of people are willing to pay full price even if the day is shorter.

Like im not trying to screw people out of a full day but if you want to go to a Halloween Disney event...you cant and its July. They just need to find more ways to do events. Hell they have parking lots that....i dont know become some sort of event or downtown Disney. If Disney goal is make as much money as they can they have some avenues they aren't even trying to see if they can work.

Reminds me of how they were literally the last people to have food events during covid