HHN 31: Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm already picturing the questions/complaints TM's will get because of the signage. Odds of them painting over the Side One/Two after the first weekend?

Reactions: jseal777
It just reminds me of how with Death Drums I could never see all the shows. Didn't they change depending on the hour? I know I never saw all of them. It was terrible lol
They had 3 different shows. If I remember correctly, each version only happened once per night. Later during the event run, they made the show times more available instead of the guessing game of "when"

You sure about that? We don’t really know what that show had.
Clearly you missed the part where I said "loose throwback" not a copy/paste (unlike the houses/SZs). Also, literally shared a video of what that show had. It was your basic short 90s nighttime Lagoon show (fire, water, lights, jetski skull, music). They share the same vein of evil.

The big difference being, today's Lagoon shows are just strictly projections on water screens with a blip of pyro/lasers

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
They had 3 different shows. If I remember correctly, each version only happened once per night. Later during the event run, they made the show times more available instead of the guessing game of "when"

Clearly you missed the part where I said "loose throwback" not a copy/paste (unlike the houses/SZs). Also, literally shared a video of what that show had. It was your basic short 90s nighttime Lagoon show (fire, water, lights, jetski skull, music). They share the same vein of evil.

The big difference being, today's Lagoon shows are just strictly projections on water screens with a blip of pyro/lasers

Yeah I think one of the 3 shows was more heavy rock/ metal and I missed it every time.

I'm already picturing the questions/complaints TM's will get because of the signage. Odds of them painting over the Side One/Two after the first weekend?

It's a really weird sign. Very very weird
Unless each time has a very very tiny difference like a tiny different voice intro or something.
The video could be the same all 4 shows but what if they have different lighting or different voice intro for each " side"

Damn! The last sign was soooooo much better.

Knowing about how The Weeknd/IP Headliners don't like to be Included in co-marketing I thought (hoped?) maybe the show would be a part 1 with the story. Then part 2 was in hell with soundtrack by The Weeknd.

Regardless, it's such a worse sign than before...but removes ambiguity.

Damn! The last sign was soooooo much better.

Knowing about how The Weeknd/IP Headliners don't like to be Included in co-marketing I thought (hoped?) maybe the show would be a part 1 with the story. Then part 2 was in hell with soundtrack by The Weeknd.

Regardless, it's such a worse sign than before...but removes ambiguity.
The only difference is side A/B is gone

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Uh I completely underestimated this show... I thought 2021 Marathon of Mayhem was just okay and was expecting something similar. I bet many feel the same.

Holy smokes, this is quite possibly the best show HHN has ever created! It may even be the best night time show ever created. I'll even say it's as good if not slightly better than 2019. I will fight that last point til the end.

i love it a lot. very much. i love it. much much, very cute.
the music felt like cirque du soleil, feels like Jack Skellington was singing every song. well.....to Me the entire show feels like a deleted scene from nightmare before Christmas. (the music, the art, the voice)
show feels like a postcard from 100 years ago , very beautiful vintage art
very funny, made me laugh. very cute creatures

icY1cip.png

Reactions: Floyd of Fright
While I'll preface this that I've yet to see the show in person, however now that I've seen a much clearer video (in both visual and audio), I can wholeheartedly say I really like what I see. While I won't do a deep dive until I've seen it in person, this show is doing all the things which I loved about 2019's Marathon of Mayhem, and that is a very good thing since that show is a blueprint to a great fountain show.

Conversely, seeing this is reminding me how much of a disappointment 2021's Carnage Factory was.

This reminds me of how Disney used to do nighttime shows, I mean that as high praise

Fun, whimsical, memorable, and experimental.

Just needs a pop of pyro at the end

I'm also very surprised that they don't use fire effects in the water like SW...I'm sure there's a reason why