Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Late 2024)

Literally the first thing that came to mind when they announced a Princess and the Frog version of Splash Mountain was the "ARE YOU READY?" chant playing as you prepare for the final drop... and they're seemingly just... not doing it. Wow.

So the story for this attraction actually almost purposefully seems to make it so Facilier can't be in it. The attraction is set AFTER the movie ends and of course Facilier is dead at the end of the movie, so whatever they're doing here can't involve him because of the story they chose to go with.
But like...why?

So the story for this attraction actually almost purposefully seems to make it so Facilier can't be in it. The attraction is set AFTER the movie ends and of course Facilier is dead at the end of the movie, so whatever they're doing here can't involve him because of the story they chose to go with.

They could so easily skirt around that in a number of ways to get the character represented in the ride if they really wanted to.

I don't know how they killed the good Doctor in the movie but seems simple to have it a zombie potion, a dream or voodoo that would look like he died. You can't keep a good bad guy down.
But I guess princess wouldn't like him?

My questions on Girls/Princesses are most girls don't care for everything to be cute. Its like that was the 1950's most girls now like the same things as boys and even if they dont Disneyland is suppose to make rides FOR everyone not just one demographic in mind. Its fine to have some area's have a princess make up area because it takes up no real space but to use the excuse of princesses not being into having a villain on the ride....sounds like BS to me

I have a feeling the villain is being left out because of cultural issues. When it comes down to it, Voodoo is a religion and you have to tread carefully with representation of a religion. On top of that they probably decided to keep it positive and light rather than going dark and (potentially) "scary" for the youngest guests. As an adult you don't realize things like Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are "scary" until you bring a 5 year old...

I have a feeling the villain is being left out because of cultural issues. When it comes down to it, Voodoo is a religion and you have to tread carefully with representation of a religion. On top of that they probably decided to keep it positive and light rather than going dark and (potentially) "scary" for the youngest guests. As an adult you don't realize things like Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are "scary" until you bring a 5 year old...

That was my thought as well…why open yourself to controversy while in the process of course correcting another controversy?

The problem is the whole ride is built around the suspense of the drop. Suspense is built into the structure and layout beyond just a change in scenery and music as the ride goes on. They’re trying to fit a Fantasyland dark ride story into an E-ticket thrill ride and no matter how tastefully the theming is done, the whole thing will come out flat and uninspired without a central conflict.

I don’t understand why they didn’t just remove the Song of the South-specific references while keeping the ride overall the same. They were able to get rid of Trader Sam without re-theming the whole Jungle Cruise…

The problem is the whole ride is built around the suspense of the drop. Suspense is built into the structure and layout beyond just a change in scenery and music as the ride goes on. They’re trying to fit a Fantasyland dark ride story into an E-ticket thrill ride and no matter how tastefully the theming is done, the whole thing will come out flat and uninspired without a central conflict.

Splash is a masterpiece of pacing, and a lot of that is because a very clear conflict is established, with the big plunge playing a major part in the culmination of that story.

Without any conflict, the big drop will almost be superfluous. Sure, as a ride element, it will still be fun, but it will no longer serve a compelling story purpose that is built up to as a source of suspense.

Last edited:
Maybe they're saving Dr. Facilier for the Villains Land they're never going to build

Just do like Marvel so often does with heroes and villains....manufacture a story line to bring him back from the dead or a story that he didn't really die, it just looked like it....or Do like Shrek did.:):lol:
Great solution, actually Scar comes back as a ghost in one of the Lion Kind direct to DVD sequels...It's actually quite interesting tbh

Him being a ghost may actually be more scary

Maybe they're saving Dr. Facilier for the Villains Land they're never going to build

Great solution, actually Scar comes back as a ghost in one of the Lion Kind direct to DVD sequels...It's actually quite interesting tbh

Him being a ghost may actually be more scary

He could join with his "friends from the other side". A united front of voodoo spirits would be creepy.

He could join with his "friends from the other side". A united front of voodoo spirits would be creepy.
New Orleans has a rich history of the paranormal, it would be a shame if they didn't explore that

Specifically with a compelling villain they already have

Yet, I feel like this is going to be a happy dappy sing along like Frozen

It's still going to be the same ride which means the youngest guests usually can't ride because of height requirements. They can go dark if they wanted.

I'll be highly disappointed if we have to sacrifice a bunch of AAs and animated figures for stuff like that.
I don't want to lose the AA's, but i'm fully expecting to lose them. I say that not to let them off the hook, but to prepare myself to not be letdown when the ride reopens mostly as a screen based attraction since i'm already expecting it based on the current direction of the company.