Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
I wouldn't say they have given up on JPRA as it goes down for lengthy and expensive refurbs every year

However, JPRA will always have AAs that were built in another time period, and it will be forever locked in a previous time period technologically

It hits me the same as Spiderman 1.0. Universal did their best to keep it running, but there's only so much you can push old film projection

JWRA, for all its fan maligning, includes AAs that I'm sure are built better, more robust, and with tech that has come a long way sense.

I'm for the change over because, really, minus the name, it's basically the same ride

If they decided to retheme the land to Kung Fu Panda or something, then I would have some serious concerns

JPRA gets refurbs out of necessity. All I'm asking for are improved animatronics. The scenic design is perfectly fine.

JPRA gets refurbs out of necessity. All I'm asking for are improved animatronics. The scenic design is perfectly fine.
Personally I wouldn't bat an eye if Universal shuttered JPRA and built an amber mine coaster, more dino encounters, and some flats

Then did a car wash or something to raise fund to redo Thunder Falls

Personally I wouldn't bat an eye if Universal shuttered JPRA and built an amber mine coaster, more dino encounters, and some flats

They just need something where we can have “everything go wrong.” I feel like Velocicoaster is one of the best rides out there, but it’s not quintessentially Jurassic enough to be the staple for the whole land. This is because nothing goes wrong. No matter what they do, they need to have some sort of attraction where the dinosaurs escape and everything goes wild. It’s almost like Hulk and TAASM, while both are great, only one has actual bad guys on the loose and lets you jump right into the main action. Even though Velocicoaster is my current number one coaster, it just feels too much like a side story to anchor the whole land. It’s almost like Galaxy’s Edge with just Smuggler’s Run. While it is a great attraction, its premise is not the first thing that people think of when they imagine Star Wars.

I think JP as a land is a few enhancements away from being somewhat considered "complete".

Bring back the Thunder falls arch, add some theming to the FJ showbuilding, and build Isla Nubar. Refurb the animatronics and call it a day.

I'm for the change over because, really, minus the name, it's basically the same ride
The opening scenes -- and the impact of them -- could not be more different!

They just need something where we can have “everything go wrong.” I feel like Velocicoaster is one of the best rides out there, but it’s not quintessentially Jurassic enough to be the staple for the whole land. This is because nothing goes wrong. No matter what they do, they need to have some sort of attraction where the dinosaurs escape and everything goes wild. It’s almost like Hulk and TAASM, while both are great, only one has actual bad guys on the loose and lets you jump right into the main action. Even though Velocicoaster is my current number one coaster, it just feels too much like a side story to anchor the whole land. It’s almost like Galaxy’s Edge with just Smuggler’s Run. While it is a great attraction, its premise is not the first thing that people think of when they imagine Star Wars.
A Jurassic land needs to have a major attraction of a different thrill level than VelociCoaster that also shows off a variety of dinosaur species in a way that evokes (if not directly recreates) the "tour" attraction seen in the movie.

River Adventure (conceptually) accomplishes this very well.

I think JP as a land is a few enhancements away from being somewhat considered "complete".

Bring back the Thunder falls arch, add some theming to the FJ showbuilding, and build Isla Nubar. Refurb the animatronics and call it a day.

All of that, and also more dinosaur displays -- even static ones, like the Rex and Spinosaurus -- scattered throughout (what remains of) the foliage.

The opening scenes -- and the impact of them -- could not be more different!
I know, one is super old

I wish Universal would just put those dinos down, they're very clearly in pain

I guess Peeta only goes after SeaWorld SMDH

I have a theory that WB or whoever the Potter Police currently are would not allow even the back of FJ to be "themed" with anything other than Hogwarts-esque stuff

Really? I found the story on Veloci to be refreshing in two parks full of "OMGZ THE PLAN DIDN'T WORK"

Sure it’s refreshing to avoid the theme park cliche of everything going wrong, but this IP is centered around the idea of the plans not working. While other attractions may overuse this storyline and could’ve chosen other routes, Jurassic needs it, as it’s quintessential to the IP. In all six movies, something goes horribly wrong that was not according to plan. It’s basically the recurring theme of the series. If any IP should get a free pass to use this it should be Jurassic, as it’s needed to establish the full feel of stepping into the movie.

As for the back of the FJ show-building, I’d love to see more painted mountains added like what they did with Kong. They really add to the experience, especially when you see them from the river adventure load area.

I will say on our trip last week the T-Rex was looking as good as ever. She was moving well and the jaw was working. I would disagree that they let it go because they did fix the box effect at the time VC opened last year and worked on the Ultrasaur. Sadly the box is already not working and other things got worse. Seems like they fix one thing about an AA and something else goes wrong. They tried to fix the arm of the one raptor and it’s not dangling but now it’s stuck. Mama Stego was missing the part of her tail that drags in the water. I think they are doing the best they can to keep the AA’s limping along. Honestly as long as the Rex always looks good, I can live with others. It really feels like they are trying to hold these things together that are really broken and It just seems the only way they’d get actually fixed is by completely replacing them which probably isn’t possible without a really long refurb and if they’re gonna do a really long refurb they’ll probably just convert to JW. Not to mention I don’t think they could just drop in new AA’s without disrupting the ride programming which who knows if they can mess with that. Again it just leads back to if we want JP we have to accept the broken down version and if you want them really fixed it will only be for a JW refurb. I wish they would just rebuild the ride like Hulk or Spider Man but I don’t think they’d sink major money into it without just doing the JW refurb.

Sorry guys, but after visiting USH for the first time and seeing the Indominus Rex, I'm team JW all the way.

It truly is breathtaking in person.

The first version of JW was...not good. The refurb was definitely an improvement, made me more likely to support the conversion. Just keep the lagoon--especially since the Mososaur is supposed to be living below Velocicoaster.

The first version of JW was...not good. The refurb was definitely an improvement, made me more likely to support the conversion. Just keep the lagoon--especially since the Mososaur is supposed to be living below Velocicoaster.
And we could finally be given a proper brachiosaurus like we see in the movie. I’d be thrilled with a complete clone of Hollywood with the exception of the opening lagoon. I’d also like to see them cut back some of the vegetation in there. The lagoon itself is quite large but feels much smaller because of how far into the middle some of the vegetation goes. If they cut back some on the right of the boat they could even fit a second dinosaur like Hollywood used to have. I love this idea for an opening scene, but the Hollywood lagoon always seemed to be better minus the sightline issues because it was brighter, sunnier, and more open. The Orlando lagoon feels almost like a swamp.

And also have a musical score that follows you through the whole thing. The music plays when the gates open but ends immediately after. While the Hollywood ride would have music the entire time, the Orlando version has quite a few silent areas.

So this isn't even taking to account of what could occur of damages to the exterior portions of River Adventure. Really wondering how bad it is once we get proper aerial views.