Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yesterday I did 5 mazes in less than 2 hours but I didn't start at the Weekend. I think it is pick your poison and if you are there at 5 at the weekend or 6ish at La LLorona then you can get 3 or 4 knocked out. The problem is after that everything is over an hour. I have FFP so doing 4 or 5 in a couple of hours is good for me. Halloween and Scarecrow must be hit at 6:45 or 7:00 if you don't want to wait over and hour. Also I did the Curious George basement once at 80 min and I will never do that again. soul crushing.

After the lower lot early entry. I found Curious George was good to hit early because it really built up for queues by 9pm.

Off topic, but what's so bad about waiting in the parking garage/"Curious Geoge Basement" for Halloween?
The first few days of the event, the temps were close to 100 degrees even after the sun went down, so a packed parking garage with no air moving was probably pretty brutal. And even when temps are normal, it's pretty stuffy -- I hated standing in there last year, but luckily it was the Pandora queue so I only endured it a couple times. But I remember the air was just super thick and uncomfortable. It was pretty loud, too. The sound reverberates off all the cement, and then people talk even louder because of that.

Also I imagine if you're sensitive to those kind of environmental conditions -- like if you're on the autism spectrum or something -- it's probably extra annoying.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
The first few days of the event, the temps were close to 100 degrees even after the sun went down, so a packed parking garage with no air moving was probably pretty brutal. And even when temps are normal, it's pretty stuffy -- I hated standing in there last year, but luckily it was the Pandora queue so I only endured it a couple times. But I remember the air was just super thick and uncomfortable. It was pretty loud, too. The sound reverberates off all the cement, and then people talk even louder because of that.

Also I imagine if you're sensitive to those kind of environmental conditions -- like if you're on the autism spectrum or something -- it's probably extra annoying.
AKA Hell. That was the least fun I ever had at HHN and I went through Scream 4 Your Life.

• Sad
Reactions: chris.g
Looking for some help on how to attack hhn this Sunday. My situation is this...

-Day/Night passes and NO Express
-tickets for Sunday ONLY
-Definitely want to hit Klowns and Halloween
-Im not looking to hit each house or show, just the boards recommended best

How soon and where do i go to get in line for Klowns?

If i start at Klowns should i then go straight to Halloween? or would i be able to do Klowns to Weekend and then Halloween without walking into a seriously long line for Halloween?

Ive been to HHN Florida but Hollywood seems like a different animal all together. Thanks!

Last edited:

-tickets for Sunday ONLY

Should i start at Klowns and then go straight to Halloween? or would i be able to do Klowns to Weekend and then Halloween without walking into a seriously long line for Halloween?

Ive been to HHN Florida but Hollywood seems like a different animal all together. Thanks!
I went the first two Sundays

Killer Clowns is open at 6 PM, You can line up I believe 30 mins before 6 (maybe longer but when I went no one was in line for it until that time)

When I went I did Clowns and was in line 20 mins before it opened and basically walked on it, then I went to Monster Collide and that took 15ish mins. Then head up and hit Halloween and Scarecrow both should be basically walk ons. You can then hit the Tram and it should also be a walk on

Now you only have Lloroina, Hotel, Blum and Weekend. And it should be 830ish and from there you'll have to wait for any mazes but Blumhouse and Hotel normally on Sunday only get like 30 mins wait after 9pm from I could see. Lloroina can go from 15-60 mins just depending on where crowds are and Weekend will be 90 mins but after 9 pm should drop to 60 mins

The Jabbawalkie show was half empty when I went, so no problems seeing that if you want.

Use single rider to get on Mummy/Potter/Jurassic before the event. The little coaster in Potterland is literally a walk on during the entire event but its kinda fun at night with the castle lite up.

Also if your in during the day you can bring a backpack and have items in it like water/soda/snacks. So do that to save a few bucks snacking and enjoy

Reactions: RJ MacReady

-tickets for Sunday ONLY

If i start at Klowns should i then go straight to Halloween? or would i be able to do Klowns to Weekend and then Halloween without walking into a seriously long line for Halloween?

Head to the Lower Lot. Get in line for Klowns as soon as they'll let you. There'll be a big sign - ask a team member if you can't find it. Hopefully, you'll be done with Klowns by 6:30-6:45. Then, head right back upstairs, cross through the Wizarding World, and get to Halloween when it opens at 7. Hit Scarecrow next (it's right next to Halloween) then head back to La Llorona. I would do the Terror Tram next, and then Blumhouse/Horror Hotel as lines allow. If you want to do Weeknd or Monsters, wait until the last two hours the park is open.

Would yall recommend these same routes for a Thursday as well?
I think this is probably the best strategy moving forward. Switch tram and La Llorona if the latter is slammed by the time you’re done with Halloween/Scarecrow.
If you check my review, I knocked out Klowns and Universal Monsters by 6:30 on a Satursay and was still early enough to be one of the first into Wizarding World at 6:45, and was done with both Halloween and Scarecrow by 7:30. I went back down to the lower lot in the last hour and Universal Monsters was 5 minutes, so either way, play your cards right, and you won't have to wait for Universal Monsters very long. I preferred Universal Monsters in the beginning. Starting the night with Klowns and Halloween back to back is just getting 2 bad quality mazes in a row and it'd be a downer. Either way, no matter what you do, just be at Wizarding World for opening.

So I know some plans have been mentioned, but going for the first Sunday to the event this coming weekend. Plan of attack? I don’t mind skipping Klownz, Blumhouse or UHH.

Head to the Lower Lot. Get in line for Klowns as soon as they'll let you. There'll be a big sign - ask a team member if you can't find it. Hopefully, you'll be done with Klowns by 6:30-6:45. Then, head right back upstairs, cross through the Wizarding World, and get to Halloween when it opens at 7. Hit Scarecrow next (it's right next to Halloween) then head back to La Llorona. I would do the Terror Tram next, and then Blumhouse/Horror Hotel as lines allow. If you want to do Weeknd or Monsters, wait until the last two hours the park is open.
I think when I go I may just replace Klowns with Weeknd and if Monsters is under 15 min I’ll do that then race upstairs for Halloween. I’m basically over Klowns so that will save me time.

So I know some plans have been mentioned, but going for the first Sunday to the event this coming weekend. Plan of attack? I don’t mind skipping Klownz, Blumhouse or UHH.
If you're skipping Klowns, Weeknd early entry, and then straight to Halloween then Scarecrow seems to be the main move

Reactions: chris.g
If you're skipping Klowns, Weeknd early entry, and then straight to Halloween then Scarecrow seems to be the main move
Yeah I wanna attack Scarecrow early as my last visit was a bit soured but I owe it partially to doing it in there middle of the night. Weeknd, La Llorona and Scarecrow are a must for my friends.

Looked for the answer, but couldn't find it, how does one get a wristband if coming in early as an AP or 2pm entry? (Just got my AP in prep for Nintendoland and have guests who have 2pm entry in a couple weeks). From what I recall, it was at guest services, but is there other ways or places?

Looked for the answer, but couldn't find it, how does one get a wristband if coming in early as an AP or 2pm entry? (Just got my AP in prep for Nintendoland and have guests who have 2pm entry in a couple weeks). From what I recall, it was at guest services, but is there other ways or places?
if coming as an AP enter the normal day tickets lone and then head to the Kiosk right next to the entry to get your wristband. After 2 pm line has a separate entry and gets the wristband from them.

Kinda sucks tonight. Packed and sild out. People lined up for La Llorona at 6 but ips said it will not open till 7:00. In reality they lied to clear the line. It opened closer to 6:30. I really wish Universal would stick to opening times. Since my plan was blown I checked out the Jaba show at 6:30. It was about half full. Honestly it is not that great. They really need a new show to replace them. Knew what i was getting into tonight but still think Universal can do better. Also terror tram seemed really understaffed this go around. Anyway La Llorona kicked butt as usual a I am happy I got that one in today.

I’m sure this has been answered already, but for the comp ticket attached to the platinum pass, do you need to make a reservation? Or just show up to the gate?
Also how does that work if I wanted to go for the last few hours of daytime ops?
Thanks!