Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So with what has been rumored, opted to go for two nights. Friday I'm planning on doing 2PM D/N, and Saturday I'm opting to do General (with EA). With Early Access, where do people go for entry on Early Access (Asking this for Saturday, already have a gameplan for D/N).

Early Access normally is you just going through the Gates and they tell you to either come back or if the CM's are out, grab a wristband and just walk in

So with what has been rumored, opted to go for two nights. Friday I'm planning on doing 2PM D/N, and Saturday I'm opting to do General (with EA). With Early Access, where do people go for entry on Early Access (Asking this for Saturday, already have a gameplan for D/N).
theres usually a big sign that points you to the right side of the gates for Early Entry, its hard to miss. They usually have a CM checking tickets then you basically just pick a line and wait till they start letting people in, step inside and get a wristband and youre good to go. If for whatever reason they dont get you a wristband when you enter, they should be able to get you one at the annual pass kiosk by universal plaza. If you want tips on where specifically to go first, my recommendation would be Weeknd and then Monsters, given the past those will probably be the first to open and the first to fill up.

My gameplan is pretty much this (Excluding if Potter has stuff beyond the rides)

Friday:
Check in for D/N
Prioritize for Pets and Jurassic World, chill until Weeknd opens
The Weeknd (2x)
Killer Klowns (1x)
Legends Collide (2x)
Terror Tram (1x)
Break
La Llorona (1x)
Jabbawockeez (1x)
Freestyle (Anything with low waits until 12:30 so I can get to Metro Station)

Saturday
Early Access Check In
The Weeknd (1x)
Halloween (1x or 2x)
Scarecrow (2x)
Hotel DeVille (1x)
Break
La Llorona (1x)
Blumhouse (1x)
Freestyle (Anything with Low Waits until 12:30 so I can get to Metro Station)

Am I trippin or have they still not announced the hours for the nights? I mean, I'm pretty set in stone for the dates I want to go, but I'd love to know if it's closing at 1 or 2am. I may switch a night if I must to get 2am. I remember opening Saturday of 2019, they closed at 1am and I missed a maze because of it. I was so pissed!

Am I trippin or have they still not announced the hours for the nights? I mean, I'm pretty set in stone for the dates I want to go, but I'd love to know if it's closing at 1 or 2am. I may switch a night if I must to get 2am. I remember opening Saturday of 2019, they closed at 1am and I missed a maze because of it. I was so pissed!
I mean I think its more insane we are a month out....and not only we don't have times but we dont even have all the mazes announced but you can buy tickets and yes I know people do this for DCA party too before which characters are announced to be there but to me its insane some people will be putting 200-400 bucks down on these events without knowing what will be there

I have a free pass, so will just go because but would like to know where and which mazes are there

I mean I think its more insane we are a month out....and not only we don't have times but we dont even have all the mazes announced but you can buy tickets and yes I know people do this for DCA party too before which characters are announced to be there but to me its insane some people will be putting 200-400 bucks down on these events without knowing what will be there

I have a free pass, so will just go because but would like to know where and which mazes are there

I think if you are a fan of the event you're going to most likely purchase a ticket every year anyway. Halloween Horror Nights has a die hard enough fan base that as soon as tickets are announced, people are ready to throw down their wallets. The general public will attend anyway because Halloween is bigger than ever, and all it takes is seeing one or two big marquee names attached to the event to get them in the door. The same goes for the DCA Halloween party, although I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone decide to go or not based on what characters will be at the event.

Haven't been to Universal in such a long time, plus bringing in two newbies. What's the best place to eat in the park?

Haven't been to Universal in such a long time, plus bringing in two newbies. What's the best place to eat in the park?
Personal preference, for horror nights if you don't really care about any of the event-specific food, and you want something moderately hearty, I'd say you can't do much better than Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade. From my experience last year, most people opted for event specific locations or springfield for food, since they're out in the open, but I think either people didn't realize three broomsticks was open, or they were just too busy passing by it to get to mazes, since on the few occassions I went last year, there usually wasnt a line for food, and it was moderately empty inside.

Reactions: chris.g
Personal preference, for horror nights if you don't really care about any of the event-specific food, and you want something moderately hearty, I'd say you can't do much better than Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade. From my experience last year, most people opted for event specific locations or springfield for food, since they're out in the open, but I think either people didn't realize three broomsticks was open, or they were just too busy passing by it to get to mazes, since on the few occassions I went last year, there usually wasnt a line for food, and it was moderately empty inside.
This 100%. It was an absolute ghost town with zero lines all night. They did close early though, so be sure to look into when that is. Also, for some reason, they weren't selling the rotisserie chicken. I'm hoping they have it for this year's HHN.

Hi All! Longtime lurker here from UK.. think this is my 2nd ever post!
Is the best place to buy FF ticket from the Universal website? This will be my 1st ever USH trip (I've been to HHN Orlando 3 times & usually buy my FF+ on a UK seller site in £s).
I've been doing as much homework as possible, but if anyone has any hints, tips or advice to give (particularly for me vs the Orlando experience), I would really appreciate it. :)

Whatever event food they got (birria tacos were better than most food offered at USH), minions cafe, or 3 broomsticks, but my tip is just don't waste time eating during HHN. Avoid the queues in Springfield (and the potential upset stomach).

Is the best place to buy FF ticket from the Universal website? This will be my 1st ever USH trip (I've been to HHN Orlando 3 times & usually buy my FF+ on a UK seller site in £s).
I've been doing as much homework as possible, but if anyone has any hints, tips or advice to give (particularly for me vs the Orlando experience), I would really appreciate it. :)

Universal site is the best place, there are no discounts.

I agree with the posters above

Do not waste your time eating during the event if you can help it. Last time I was with friends and the waits for the mazes were around 30ish mins by the time we were done eating all mazes were over an hour long.

Eat a citywalk if you can, the food court is the cheapest place to grab a bite and the restaurants have bigger portion and are just better quality then what you will find in the park.

Main point is even if you do eat at USH during the event try to do it after 8 PM when the lines really start to get long, wasting even 20 mins during an event like HHN can really hurt how many mazes you do in a night. Also this goes for normal rides as well, even if the wait is low unless is later in the night make sure to do mazes first then anything you can do on a normal day

Also come back to this thread the day before you go and see what mazes people are saying have little to no lines most the time and the mazes that are getting 2+ hour waits

Reactions: BlumhouseFangirl
I can't remember, but usually I can upgrade to a Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass at the park, right? I'm going 3 times, but a fourth seems to be possible on the table. I'm only going to buy my ticket for opening weekend for now, but I'd love a little more time to consider it instead of buying my FFP today.

I can't remember, but usually I can upgrade to a Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass at the park, right? I'm going 3 times, but a fourth seems to be possible on the table. I'm only going to buy my ticket for opening weekend for now, but I'd love a little more time to consider it instead of buying my FFP today.
I do recall seeing signs around the park next to kiosks staffed by someone that say "Upgrade to a Frequent Feat Pass here!" Going off of that, I'm sure you should be able to. Don't see why they wouldn't let you.

Maybe this is too complicated of a question but if I have my “free” ticket and I upgrade to get the front of the line pass, can I then upgrade that to the Frequent Feat Pass?