Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi there everyone. Became a USH employee this year and I’m trying to see what I should expect from the Preview. Is everything usually pretty finished? What are the crowds like? Do they let you in before 7?

Thanks to everyone for another great HHN message board for 2022…

Cheers!
I wouldn't say everything's 100%, more like 95%. But there is a good rawness to the event with going to EPN. Crowds are seriously dead even for the event, but keep in mind it will close at 12 compared to the usual 1/2, so expect to miss one house or two. They tend to use EPN and opening weekend more than any other to figure out some kinks, change scare actor placements, etc. They do NOT let you go in before 7, but you do get to witness the rope drop in person which is very fun. Get there as early as possible.

Does anyone remember at what time they switch from theme park bag check to HHN?

Want to bring waters in (its so hot) but know you can't bring in water for HHN but if you have an AP (like i do) you can get in early with water, so is it before 5 PM?

Does anyone remember at what time they switch from theme park bag check to HHN?

Want to bring waters in (its so hot) but know you can't bring in water for HHN but if you have an AP (like i do) you can get in early with water, so is it before 5 PM?
I would assume it's probably around the time the day park closes and they start letting people line up for Early Entry, which is probably like 4-4:30. If you have an AP and intend to go into the day park first, telling them youre going to the day park couldtheoretically be enough to let you take it through, but i haven't tried so I cant say for sure.
worth noting though that there is a drinking fountain at the bathrooms to the far right of the area after the bag check, so if for whatever reason they don't let you take it in, you can get more there. Though I will also warn you it's incredibly inconsistent in terms of its temperature in my experience.

This is a random question: anyone know if Three Broomsticks will be serving their full menu this year? I was very disappointed last year it was so limited! I love the herb roasted chicken, or at least would take the spare ribs! I think last year for HHN it was just fish and chips and shepard's pie. I was so sad and ran off elsewhere to grab food, but would very much like to take advantage of the dead zone that The Three Broomsticks is during dinner.

I would assume it's probably around the time the day park closes and they start letting people line up for Early Entry, which is probably like 4-4:30. If you have an AP and intend to go into the day park first, telling them youre going to the day park couldtheoretically be enough to let you take it through, but i haven't tried so I cant say for sure.
worth noting though that there is a drinking fountain at the bathrooms to the far right of the area after the bag check, so if for whatever reason they don't let you take it in, you can get more there. Though I will also warn you it's incredibly inconsistent in terms of its temperature in my experience.
Thanks

my plan is to get in before 4 and bring frozen waters so that way I can have cool water at night
If they had cooled water fountains I’d just bring empty ones

Thanks

my plan is to get in before 4 and bring frozen waters so that way I can have cool water at night
If they had cooled water fountains I’d just bring empty ones
Yeahh I really miss when they had the JP queue maze exit open and we had access to the water bottle refill station right there. Was pretty much the only in park option for cold water if you didnt wanna wait in line at a food place to ask for a cup.

We can't bring water bottles in? I thought so, but my GF swears she saw people with them last year.
Would be really nice if HHNH updated their freakin site with hours, FAQ, and a map even though we're like 2.5 days away, but noooo.

Don't know about previous years, but last year I brought a water bottle and was told to dump it out, but allowed to bring it in empty. Same policy as Scary Farm

I have used Coke freestyle machines for free water before, but it's hit and miss. Seemed like in the first few months after the park reopened it was more common to fill up for free. I was unable to fill up last HHN though, but was able to in Orlando. Total roll of the dice

60% chance of rain on Sat.. Whats the usual rules for rain at hhn?
usually it just means no scareactors on the streets, and if it rains enough a couple outdoor mazes will probably flood a bit and have to close, but thats only if it rains a lot. Otherwise event functions as normal.

Going to make a guess as to what will have the longest lines:
Weeknd - Sound stage maze, main attraction on the lower lot, after 7:30pm, will just be jammed until closing.
Halloween - Main attraction on the Curious George section, will probably taper off around 11pm-12am like this section usually does, but will be 2+ hours for most of the night
Terror Tram - Everyone seems to be excited about Us and NOPE. Terror Tram usually sports a lengthy wait, but I think these IPs are going to drive it up a bit more than normal.
Killer Klownz - By being on the lower lot near Weeknd, plus it's popularity, and how popular it was in 2019, I think this will be a little higher than average.
Scarecrow - Just by being next to Halloween, I think Scarecrow will get the leftovers. Also really depends on word of mouth if it can beat Halloween.
Blumhouse - People like the Black Phone, so of the upper lot mazes, I think this will get the most wait times. But I think the upper lot in general probably won't be too bad this year.
Hotel - I had this dead last but I remembered there's a pre-show. I suspect that will hold things up a bit. Unfortunately, the name isn't all that intriguing, so it won't be exactly alluring to guests. I honestly think this will just be a surprise for most people either wandering into the line or finding out it exists before they exit.
La Llorona - This location never sports hefty wait times, but La Llorona is such a legendary icon, plus it's been 10 years since she's been at the event. My guess is this will have a steady flow, maybe not as little as years before, but at least it won't be a dead zone.