Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My gamelan is going to be Weeknd, then Monsters, then Klowns as Monsters will exit right where Klowns will enter. Going full circle.
That is my gameplan as well, but mostly because if Klownz somehow balloons up to a random 100 minute wait in the time of waiting for Weeknd and Monsters, I will gladly skip it and come back later once I am done with everything. As far as I am concerned, it is low priority and if I so happen to miss it, I wouldn't be as heartbroken. I'd say it's much more important to get back up to the upper lot by 7pm. But I could be wrong...

That is my gameplan as well, but mostly because if Klownz somehow balloons up to a random 100 minute wait in the time of waiting for Weeknd and Monsters, I will gladly skip it and come back later once I am done with everything. As far as I am concerned, it is low priority and if I so happen to miss it, I wouldn't be as heartbroken. I'd say it's much more important to get back up to the upper lot by 7pm. But I could be wrong...

That sounds like a good plan. 6:45 would be even better.

• Love
Reactions: Freak and DTH
As an aside, Universal has updated their page with a lot of new info. Most of the dates now have their closing times, except for Thursdays and Sundays. I guess they want to keep it secret those nights close based on, I'm guessing, their discretion of how busy it is (1am or 2am, hopefully not 12am)

A map is finally up!

Some things aren't fully updated. It says parking is $10 after 5pm, which I highly doubt they will keep for HHN.

They also finally mention the Death Eaters, listed seperately from the scare zones and is an "encounter."

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Any idea what the opening times are on the mazes yet?
Take this with a grain of salt, since I have no inside knowledge and am just guessing and basing this off 2019 and last year, but I expect since they said they'd be letting people in at 5,
Weeknd at 5:15, Klowns at 5:30, Monsters at 5:45, Terror Tram at 6, Halloween at 6:30, Scarecrow at 6:45, everything else at 7.

Its so funny to me the dept you have to go to know what to do.....I mean it helps us out but so funny if they are having a new maze opening every 15 mins

When are we getting closing hours or did I miss them? The site still says closing hours will vary. My trip is next week and it would be nice to know when hhn ends.

Most nights the event closes at 2am. As of this post there are 4 nights (one of them is opening night) that’s currently listed as “closing times may vary”. This morning I messaged Universal Studios Hollywood about that and their response to me was “While we do not have an exact closing time for 09/08/22, the event can close anywhere from 1am-2am.”

Most nights the event closes at 2am. As of this post there are 4 nights (one of them is opening night) that’s currently listed as “closing times may vary”. This morning I messaged Universal Studios Hollywood about that and their response to me was “While we do not have an exact closing time for 09/08/22, the event can close anywhere from 1am-2am.”
Okay, thanks. Maybe they’ll decide once it opens. I’m going on a Thursday and a Friday so I’m expecting a 1 and a 2 maybe. Not used to the last minutedness of California.

Reactions: Jonathan
Yeah, I personally don't like that tepidness about closing times either. People need to properly plan. I understand its hard times, but some things are just good business sense.
This might also be their way of closing some mazes early if they are low lines or if its a high-budget house (in terms of how many people work it, etc).
Again, I really hate the idea they could do that almost on a whim. They should have a fairly good idea of their attendance numbers well before night of.

So I’ve seen a few times rumors of maxes open at 5 pm but seen no official announcement of that

I am taking a friend to the event for the first time, we have unlimited express but is there an order of mazes you suggest for a first timer? I was thinking Klowns first and ending with Scarecrow.

I am taking a friend to the event for the first time, we have unlimited express but is there an order of mazes you suggest for a first timer? I was thinking Klowns first and ending with Scarecrow.
You have express unlimited

You can do in an order you want, as many times as you can. Makes sense to start in the lower lot but after that, its all on how much you want to walk

You have express unlimited

You can do in an order you want, as many times as you can. Makes sense to start in the lower lot but after that, its all on how much you want to walk
well i mainly meant in the sense of bringing someone who is not been to the event before/rating it on intenseness lol should have been more specific

well i mainly meant in the sense of bringing someone who is not been to the event before/rating it on intenseness lol should have been more specific
Clowns is pretty bright and colorful, so should be a good first maze, and then Monsters after that seems to be more moderate then the weekend. So hit those two first and then on you should be good.

Hope you two have a fun time, its always fun bringing in new people

Reactions: trentacoldbrew420

Hard to gauge intensiveness without having been through anything yet, but I'd say starting with the Lower Lot is a good idea. Once your back up the escalators you can determine if you'd rather do the Curious George parking area or stick with the Upper Lot.

Honestly, a good primer is Terror Tram. It's HHNH's most unique attraction, is awesome to step foot on the backlot, not too intense but gets your body warmed up for everything else, has photo opps, and ofcourse you get to see famous movie locations.

It was my very first attraction when I went in 2007. I literally went JUST to do it and I was all by myself and it was the very last day, but I didn't want to miss it for the world. Funny enough, I had walked around the backlot before for a random 5K, but this was conjoined with Halloween spookiness and my all time favorites (Leatherface, Jason, and Freddy), but it still felt like I NEEDED to be there. I didn't get into the park until 10pm with the park set to close at 12am, and I knew I'd only have time for that and one maze. The most buzzed about maze (pun intended) was Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business, which is still to this day the best maze I have ever been through. Luckily, they extended hours to 1am last second with an announcement over a parkwide intercom (I think around 11:30pm) and I was also able to get through Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street, plus see the last showing of Bill and Ted. Crazy how that one extra hour made it able for me to hit all the mazes and the show. But even if I didn't, I honestly thought the Terror Tram and that one maze would've been worth it.

Sorry for going down memory lane a bit, but yeah, Terror Tram is my vote. Followed by Killer Klownz or Monsters Unleashed. I haven't been to the new Killer Klownz venue yet, but Monsters Unleashed light bleed isn't that bad during sunset because it's right behind a building, so if that wouldn't be the worst first choice for a maze (you'd also be following my first year footsteps since that's the venue TCM:BIB was in). And oddly enough, even though the Weeknd is in a soundstage, that venue suffers from insane light bleed during the day, so if you can hold it off until the sun has gone down a bit, I'd recommend that.

Last edited:
Reactions: trentacoldbrew420
Honestly, a good primer is Terror Tram. It's HHNH's most unique attraction, is awesome to step foot on the backlot, not too intense but gets your body warmed up for everything else, has photo opps, and ofcourse you get to see famous movie locations.

It was my very first attraction when I went in 2007. I literally went JUST to do it and I was all by myself and it was the very last day, but I didn't want to miss it for the world. Funny enough, I had walked around the backlot before for a random 5K, but this was conjoined with Halloween spookiness and my all time favorites (Leatherface, Jason, and Freddy), but it still felt like I NEEDED to be there. I didn't get into the park until 10pm with the park set to close at 12am, and I knew I'd only have time for that and one maze. The most buzzed about maze (pun intended) was Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Back in Business, which is still to this day the best maze I have ever been through. Luckily, they extended hours to 1am and I was also able to get through Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street, plus see the last showing of Bill and Ted. Crazy how that one extra hour made it able for me to hit all the mazes and the show. But even if I didn't, I honestly thought the Terror Tram and that one maze would've been worth it.

Sorry for going down memory lane a bit, but yeah, Terror Tram is my vote. Followed by Killer Klownz. And oddly enough, even though the Weeknd is in a soundstage, that venue suffers from insane light bleed during the day, so if you can hold it off until the sun has gone down a bit, I'd recommend that.
TT is a good idea but depends on how much walking they want to do. Thats kinda the big question with unlimited tickets is how much do you want to walk? Because most mazes are far from one another if they aren't next door to each other

Hey guys just wanted to share some tips based on what I experienced on TM preview night,
start with The Weeknd of you have any interest in seeing the house because that quickly shot up to 60 min whereas most others never went past 30 min, the queue for The Weeknd was so full it went into the main walkway and went into the adjacent seating area. The Weeknd was by far my fav house it was visually stunning and even had a decent jump scare imo.

After that id suggest Klowns as it is next to Weeknd and then Legends so the LL will be taken care of. The Weeknd's bar also have a VERY lengthy line all the way down the staircase so be aware of that if that is something you'd like to try. Back on the upper lot it, TT was cool I loved walking through Jupiter's Claim they even added some props for the HHN experience which was nice. I believe it is best based on wait times if you did TT, then the CG lot houses, Deatheaters, then La Llorna and HH, finishing off w/ Blumhouse