Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Comcast Third Quarter 2022 Theme Park Results

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
Theme park revenue rose 42.4% to $2.1 Billion in the Third Quarter on increased attendance and guest spending at theme parks. Adjusted Theme Park EBITDA jumped 88.6%
to $819 million, it's highest Theme Park EPITDA on record....according to Comcast...................................................Brian Roberts,CEO "Robust demand from guests at our theme parks".

Last edited:
I don’t see why Epic Universe won’t be a rousing success at this point, it’s wild how Universal just continues to grow.
One thing that helps is that Universal Florida (and USF is where the biggest increases have been coming from) is in a mode to welcome all visitors, while WDW is in the 'we're
so arrogant that we don't need you' mode. Guessing there's a lot of bleed off from people tired of WDW anti guest direction. Also, since Potter, Universal has generally steadily expanded
new attractions and is now a worthy competitor to Disney. Before Potter, Universal was just an afterthought to WDW and often just equal to Sea World in popularity...The equation has changed.
More hotel rooms have helped a lot, and Epic will take Universal to the next level. It takes time for people's perceptions to change, but it sure appears people are starting to look at Universal
as more of an equal to Disney, than just a poor stepchild.....Before Potter, and all the new hotels, Universal could steal a day or two from WDW. Now they sometimes steal a whole vacation from
Disney, and once Epic opens, that trend will become more common.

The more people see that Disney is Disney In Name Only and lacks everything that made the Disney Vacation worth their time and money, the more people will try Universal.
For me Universal NEVER was an afterthought, neither was Sea World or Bush Gardens, they are all different and offer something unique for us.
In the end Universal and Comcast are rewarded for investing in their employers, their theme parks and customer experience.

Now with all the profit flowing in, open up some of those huge closed theaters, with new 'entertaining' (without poorly written childish corny dialogue) shows, to ease the major capacity issues at the
crowded Orlando parks. If the shows are good, the people will attend. Keep them low tech so they can put a show together quickly. Excellent summer dinner theater musicals throughout the country get
put together with a few weeks of rehearsal time. Start now and don't tarry. :rock:

Now with all the profit flowing in, open up some of those huge closed theaters, with new 'entertaining' (without poorly written childish corny dialogue) shows, to ease the major capacity issues at the
crowded Orlando parks. If the shows are good, the people will attend. Keep them low tech so they can put a show together quickly. Excellent summer dinner theater musicals throughout the country get
put together with a few weeks of rehearsal time. Start now and don't tarry. :rock:

And let's keep maintenance at the fore-front. It's great that Mummy got some love this year, but it's disheartening to see animatronics on rides like Jurassic Park or ET turn into the creaky relics they are today.

I’m happy the Universal theme parks are doing great but let’s not jump the boat with the Disney comparisons just yet. Let’s wait till EU opens and they have a true third gate.

I’m happy the Universal theme parks are doing great but let’s not jump the boat with the Disney comparisons just yet. Let’s wait till EU opens and they have a true third gate.
...And also the parks are seeing a nice post-C*vid boom

I'm interested to see where these numbers are at in 2023

That's not to say that growth won't continue...but it still feels like things are running really hot right now and may begin to cool a bit

But even cooling down would mean positive net growth and earnings

Does USFR have any big attractions coming next year?

USH has Nintendoland but does the east coast have something big coming next year to keep people coming in at these great amounts?

...And also the parks are seeing a nice post-C*vid boom

I'm interested to see where these numbers are at in 2023

That's not to say that growth won't continue...but it still feels like things are running really hot right now and may begin to cool a bit

But even cooling down would mean positive net growth and earnings
2022 has been a really great year for Universal. The attendance numbers should be really high. I'm guessing 11 million plus, each park. But some of that's bound to be post covid, like roaring twenties, bounce.
I'm guessing 2023 calms down a bit, but the numbers should still end up around 10 million or so. Uni's stolen enough guests, and goodwill, from WDW's corporate attitude to keep the numbers decent
until Epic opens.