KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Shrek is still relevant, I could easily see a reboot
Shrek is honestly the most popular Dreamworks IP as far as i'm concerned and I think it's as close to an evergreen IP that Dreamworks has. There may not be any movies that have come out for awhile, but there was also 11 years between TS 2 and Toy Story 3 and nine years between TS 3 and Toy Story 4 and both of those films were billion dollar earners.

I'd expect any sequel/reboot to do very well and a ride or land based on it to be very popular. Trolls will feel very dated in a short period of time imo.

Shrek is honestly the most popular Dreamworks IP as far as i'm concerned and I think it's as close to an evergreen IP that Dreamworks has. There may not be any movies that have come out for awhile, but there was also 11 years between Toy Story 3 and nine years between Toy Story 4 and both of those films were billion dollar earners.

I'd expect any sequel/reboot to do very well and a ride or land based on it to be very popular.

I think they’ll tackle that bridge when they come to it.

Reactions: Darko and Nick
Nah. Shrek is past its expiration date. No need to invest in it.

It is... but DreamWorks as a whole is pretty outdated considering they haven't made a recent hit outside of Trolls in the last few years now.

HTTYD, Madagascar, Shrek, Trolls, Kung Fu Panda, are their most popular IPs and only Trolls is the most relevant property.

Nah. Shrek is past its expiration date. No need to invest in it.
Bourne is well past it's expiration date and yet...

As always, an IP does not need to be hot to be theme park worthy. It needs to either be nostalgic (which Shrek absolutely is) or have a world in the movie worth building (which Shrek has). This also applies to Avatar. Most people are not giant flag waving Avatar fans, however, it was a great theme park candidate due to how many people saw the movie and the world of Pandora that was built out in the movie. Disney didn't exactly do it perfect, but the point is an IP doesn't need to be hot to be worth a theme park spot.

It is... but DreamWorks as a whole is pretty outdated considering they haven't made a recent hit outside of Trolls in the last few years now.

HTTYD, Madagascar, Shrek, Trolls, Kung Fu Panda, are their most popular IPs and only Trolls is the most relevant property.
HTTYD3 made 500+ million dollars 3 years ago.

The Bad Guys was a decent hit in the post Pandemic age. The studio also hasn't been making as many movies in general like the once did (a good thing IMO)

But Shrek has aged poorly, especially compared to some of the others you listed there

Puss N Boots has a Christmas release date this year, Shrek and Shrek adjacent properties are relevant.

If there is anything coming… when should we be expecting an announcement?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.